Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
What news for the US Indicies today? My charts have a pin bar low (H4) and an IB showing? Have you closed out any of your DJ short yet TD?

Eur/Gbp hourly pin bar confluence with 50 ema

Price retraced from daily supp 0.8831 - Original Supp becoming resistance.

Poss entry below 0.8815.

Eur/Gbp hourly pin bar

Eur/Gbp hourly pin bar confluence with 50 ema

Price retraced from daily supp 0.8831 - Original Supp becoming resistance.

Poss entry below 0.8815.

Eur/Gbp hourly pin bar

Attachments

• EUR GBP 1hr.JPG
    EUR GBP 1hr.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 150
What news for the US Indicies today? My charts have a pin bar low (H4) and an IB showing? Have you closed out any of your DJ short yet TD?

No, I've still got the full position. I may attempt longs in the June future if price action is right on a break above 7590 with a target of 7670 and possibly 7800. Right now I would actually welcome a rally into 7800 (so I can make money on the long side) but also so that the market can confirm it is behaving correctly.

A break of such strong support should become resistance on the Dow before we can start the next leg down.

If we come off 7800 from below, I will again add more on new lows.

No, I've still got the full position. I may attempt longs in the June future if price action is right on a break above 7590 with a target of 7670 and possibly 7800. Right now I would actually welcome a rally into 7800 (so I can make money on the long side) but also so that the market can confirm it is behaving correctly.

A break of such strong support should become resistance on the Dow before we can start the next leg down.

If we come off 7800 from below, I will again add more on new lows.

Interesting, thanks Tom,
Where do you get such a bearish view for the dow from? Is that talk in the city. I'm not trying to second guess it at all as it's beyond the scope of my punative memory and knowledge!

gbpusd

Gbpusd finding support at the23.6% fib (circled in white) of the move up from point C (referred to in post #3490) to current intraday hi, following the pullback...double test of the area on 5/15min charts.

No 'with trend' folow thru to a new HH in 1hr up trend yet.

11ij1h2.gif

EURJPY hourly pin

Still learning pins but EURJPY hourly chart.
This pin is on the monthly pivot:

Attachments

• eurjpy hourly.gif
    eurjpy hourly.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 150
Nice one nicy.

Attachments

• eurjpydaily.jpg
    eurjpydaily.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 130
  • eurjpyhour.jpg
    eurjpyhour.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 141
Where do you get such a bearish view for the dow from?

Zoom out on a daily chart.

As Jacko would say on FF, if you are in doubt about the trend, show it to a five year old. They will get it right every time :)

Is that talk in the city.

I try to think my own thoughts and not be influenced by others although I have to admit, it's hard when you sit with some excellent traders.

Generally though I find that if I have an opinion on the market, most of the other better traders are placed the other way. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes I do. I guess the key is not how often you win or lose but how much you make when you win and how much you lose when you lose :)

I'm not trying to second guess it at all as it's beyond the scope of my punative memory and knowledge!

Hey, I know that people like to appear humble and so they put themselves down sometimes in their posts. I see a lot of posts along these lines.

Mate, you must believe in yourself and your opinion.

Don't say you are not going to second guess. Second guessing is what will make you a better trader.

Don't take everything at face value. Question it within the boundaries of your own experience and never, ever, ever be afraid to go head to head with another trader - even one that you think knows more than you.

I know some people think I am an arrogant t*sser because I've come on here and been saying "the Dow IS going to X" rather than starting with "I think..." or "I believe"...but you have to have self confidence in this game. Otherwise how will you ever be able to put some serious money on the line if someone else can change your opinion on a whim.

You got two options: do a Livermore and hide yourself away in an office where no one with an opinion can get to you (and since you frequent a bulletin board that ain't gonna be the case) OR trust your instincts, trust your market knowledge, trust your experience and just do it :)

Interesting, thanks Tom,
Where do you get such a bearish view for the dow from? Is that talk in the city. I'm not trying to second guess it at all as it's beyond the scope of my punative memory and knowledge!

In the city? He's in Woking lol!! Come on TD close this positions let's go fishing!

OK. If cable breaks 14275 it will only have to break 14300.

However, FOMC will decide the direction. Just thinking this might be a possiblity to trade.

Usually on NFP etc etc I look for a break into s/r then trade the opposite direction.

Anyway, point is, once cable breaks the 14300-14100 range it should make a decent move.

I would love this w/e gap to get filled.

Great stuff. Every contingency covered (y)

i am currently long then dow and i agree with dante, a rejection around 7800-900 would confirm the move down again and i will be going short from these levels if it looks good

Zoom out on a daily chart.

As Jacko would say on FF, if you are in doubt about the trend, show it to a five year old. They will get it right every time :)

I try to think my own thoughts and not be influenced by others although I have to admit, it's hard when you sit with some excellent traders.

Generally though I find that if I have an opinion on the market, most of the other better traders are placed the other way. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes I do. I guess the key is not how often you win or lose but how much you make when you win and how much you lose when you lose :)

Hey, I know that people like to appear humble and so they put themselves down sometimes in their posts. I see a lot of posts along these lines.

Mate, you must believe in yourself and your opinion.

Don't say you are not going to second guess. Second guessing is what will make you a better trader.

Don't take everything at face value. Question it within the boundaries of your own experience and never, ever, ever be afraid to go head to head with another trader - even one that you think knows more than you.

I know some people think I am an arrogant t*sser because I've come on here and been saying "the Dow IS going to X" rather than starting with "I think..." or "I believe"...but you have to have self confidence in this game. Otherwise how will you ever be able to put some serious money on the line if someone else can change your opinion on a whim.

You got two options: do a Livermore and hide yourself away in an office where no one with an opinion can get to you (and since you frequent a bulletin board that ain't gonna be the case) OR trust your instincts, trust your market knowledge, trust your experience and just do it :)

good post, always believe in yourself not someone you think is better than you. dante is a better trader than me..but when we have gone head to head on positions..i do believe im currently on top :p

Euro downtrend and support into resistance. cant really be arsed posting anymore unless its a really good setup. this one is halfarsed imo.

has some fibs on that area i guess though.

Attachments

• quicky.jpg
    quicky.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 165
heh im male, keep forgeting to change that back..my trading buddy thought he was HI larious doing that..........

whats eurjpy doing phill, my fx analysis is about is usefull as tarot cards would be

was going to enter at 11900, i only really trade euro eurgbp cable and ftse. So i have no idea about eurjpys personality.

Probably shouldn't have ignored the daily insidebar.

Going to wait for 1.30 news.

hows gold btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.