Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking the DOW has been oversold? Good convergance with PA and a few of the indicators and the Stoch' is coming off the lows. BTW, Does anyone know of a good site that shows the US 2yr/10yr yield spread?
(I don't trade indicies so take my penniesworth mit pinch o' salt!)

I don't know about that...I've just funded another account so I can sell more. Praying for a rally now so that I can hit it short at 7600.

I don't know about that...I've just funded another account so I can sell more. Praying for a rally now so that I can hit it short at 7600.

Thought you were after a private train... by the sounds of it looks like your onto a friggin fleet of TGV's ?!

Not shortsandlongs i see
Remember you have £100 free trial (4 trade minimum)
That's the last time I'll refer to your account for professional reasons.

Well done on the trade, keep your head!

:clover: I hope it does that for you :)
It is dragging WTI and brent crude with it, making me very happy.
Nicola

though the stock market fell to its 2nd lowest since the crisis, theres no panicky flight to usd and yen.
Could it be that the insiders brought this fall so they can load up on cheap stocks with their cheap yen and usd for the next bull run?

Should see a nice sh*t out in the US once Europe goes home. Seems like they are absorbing a lot of the selling at the moment. Give it an hour or so.

OK, that's it for me on this board until I am out of this position as I really don't want anything to effect my decision making. This position I have is a huge one and certainly the biggest I have taken.

Targets:

I'm going to close 1/3 of my Dow at 7200 which I expect we will reach by the end of the week.

That's just above the major 2002 lows (and the all time low since the inception of the YM contract).

I'll take the second third out just ahead of the 1997 lows (6971 in the DJI cash).

A final target for me on the third will be 5200 on the DJI which is the 1996 low on the monthly.

Stops: Currently all above 7960.

If any of my targets are hit and we see a significant rally I will put sell orders for the same size in the exact place I close out and move remaining stops to the highest it squeezed before I am triggered.

Interesting,

I agree with your 2002 lows within a few days - certainly 7453 will be hit in my opinion, and if it goes through that then 7200. There is still a lot of resistance at these levels so it wouldn't suprise me to see a bounce before 7200 though. Up to a couple of days ago there was a lot of bullish talk in equities with many pundits predicting a bull run from here, this morning being a classic on CNBC with the presenters looking astonished when the technical analyst said new lows were coming and a potential drop of 15-20% in the pipeline - so I don't think sentiment or the market is quite ready for a large drop right now.

When 7453 is hit I will buy some April ATM calls and the same for 7200 as I think there will be a nice rebound from these levels.

OK, that's it for me on this board until I am out of this position as I really don't want anything to effect my decision making. This position I have is a huge one and certainly the biggest I have taken.

Targets:

I'm going to close 1/3 of my Dow at 7200 which I expect we will reach by the end of the week.

That's just above the major 2002 lows (and the all time low since the inception of the YM contract).

I'll take the second third out just ahead of the 1997 lows (6971 in the DJI cash).

A final target for me on the third will be 5200 on the DJI which is the 1996 low on the monthly.

Stops: Currently all above 7960.

If any of my targets are hit and we see a significant rally I will put sell orders for the same size in the exact place I close out and move remaining stops to the highest it squeezed before I am triggered.

Are you adjusting your targets for inflation?

Heads up.

There's pin/hammer forming on the daily of NYSE:SWC (Stillwater Mining). The R:R is roughly 1:1 inside a symmetrical and ascending triangle. A potential 5:1 on a break out to next higher resistance.

I personally dislike triangles!

Gbpusd

Screenshot shows the current consolidation channel inbetween the red horizontal lines on 1hr contained by supply in 4305-20 region and demand in 4140-20 region. Fibs are of the 4601-4122 (dotted) and 4984-4122 (solid) swings.

BOE/Mpc Minutes due at 0930am gmt. Monday open gap as yet unfilled.

Today's current Hi is circled at the first test of the descending resistance T/Line joining the swing hi at point a with the swing Hi (not seen on screenshot) at 4984

j9pm3l.gif

Screenshot shows the current consolidation channel inbetween the red horizontal lines on 1hr contained by supply in 4305-20 region and demand in 4140-20 region. Fibs are of the 4601-4122 (dotted) and 4984-4122 (solid) swings.

BOE/Mpc Minutes due at 0930am gmt. Monday open gap as yet unfilled.

Today's current Hi is circled at the first test of the descending resistance T/Line joining the swing hi at point a with the swing Hi (not seen on screenshot) at 4984

j9pm3l.gif

Alright mate, I just tried to buy that after the sharp fall when it stalled off the 61 (low of range to high) which combined with yesterdays 5pm spike low.

Suffice to say it stopped me out pretty quickly :)

Pretty poor news out of the UK this morning with Moodys threatening a downgrade. I'm waiting for the BOE now. Might try and be a buyer at the low of the range. Otherwise if it breaks that and holds its time to become a seller.

I'm just doing these posts so I can learn how to take on 1h myself. I'm a 5m man, often picking exact (i mean within 5 pips) of tops and bottoms but i can never keep a good trade for long enough.

Update on cable.

Res - Pin + 14300 number + resistance line.
Support - pin + 14100 number + support line.

Hope this breaks so that it doesn't turn into the euro.

Also with ftse tanking...

note: was long cable 141 and took at 14116 (target should have been 14130 tbh), but this is what i need to overcome.

Attachments

• erm- repitiion.jpg
    erm- repitiion.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 177
I see a hourly pin bar on cable with the head above the neck of the forming H&S,
tail below. Maybe a rebound to 14220 zone ?

Attachments

• gbp.doc
    66.5 KB · Views: 180
I'm just doing these posts so I can learn how to take on 1h myself. I'm a 5m man myself, often picking exact (i mean within 5 pips) of tops and bottoms but i can never keep a good trade for long enough.

Update on cable.

Res - Pin + 14300 number + resistance line.
Support - pin + 14100 number + support line.

Hope this breaks so that it doesn't turn into the euro.

Also with ftse tanking...

Looks like an H4 level at 1.4048 could come into play to form an extended range on Cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.