Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do get disheartened sometimes posting potential setups that don't come to fruition, but anyway...

3-touch resistance line has been established with the close of the last hourly candle. I'm hoping the 13:00pm candle will form a swing high, and possibly an inside bar.

I cannot short GBP/USD. I like to look at the daily and I feel from the daily that it wants to move higher.

I do get disheartened sometimes posting potential setups that don't come to fruition, but anyway...

3-touch resistance line has been established with the close of the last hourly candle. I'm hoping the 13:00pm candle will form a swing high, and possibly an inside bar.

With respect that's a one-touch trend line, it takes two touches to esstablish a t/line. I also question it's validity (whether it produces a gain or not) as it doesn't really join the more obvious swing @ y/day's hi with anything??

Just an opinion.

With respect that's a one-touch trend line, it takes two touches to esstablish a t/line. I also question it's validity (whether it produces a gain or not) as it doesn't really join the more obvious swing @ y/day's hi with anything??

Just an opinion.

It's a Level 1 DeMark supply line joining points 1 and 2.

The rest of the line after point 2 is a projection - I usually show it in a different colour.

But thanks for the help.

Take a look at these chart examples for further clarification of how a break even stop usually gets nailed to the tick before the market then comes off. In all cases the entry (and breakeven) is marked by the purple line.

I'm not sure where you guys enter, but I've checked all of those charts and in every chart price finds resistance higher (or in the case of the YM chart, finds support lower) than where the purple line is drawn. So in all of these cases, when you're trading off S or R you're far from being stopped out BE.

If you wait to put an entry on, you're by definition late and especially in the USDCAD and YMH9 example, it's clear that the optimal entry is far earlier than when price crosses the purple line.

But again, I'm not here to make my case and if people here prefer a mechanical approach, that's perfectly okay by me.

Do any of you do more than one type of trading? like scalping as well as swing trading for example?? Ifind myself scalping of tick charts in the evening because when the volume kicks in I can see more short tewrm trade setups, but I generally like to stick to swing trades of higher time frames. I want to master every type of trading lol. Is this unwise? I often hear people say to pick a time framestyle and stick to it?

You'll see examples in my journal of what im talking about....

im long cable

edit: it already hit my profit target whilst posting the image :)

Attachments

• cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 148
Candles

Do any of you do more than one type of trading? like scalping as well as swing trading for example?? Ifind myself scalping of tick charts in the evening because when the volume kicks in I can see more short tewrm trade setups, but I generally like to stick to swing trades of higher time frames. I want to master every type of trading lol. Is this unwise? I often hear people say to pick a time framestyle and stick to it?

You'll see examples in my journal of what im talking about....

Scalping Forex.....take a look at this guy...frenetic...but he does well if one believes his posts !

Shakesfx Journal. Scalping the pip outta it... - Page 52

im short cable here at 1.4285
60pip stop / 120 pip profit target.

See what happens. Ive had a very god day points wise. Well over 200, so I wont be distraught if it fails, lol

im about to get ****ed on the dow, another day of bs price action and anorexic volume, ****ing pathetic

Took you up on that 35 pips £5 per point. Saw it breaking anyway. Cheers, i owe you a pint (at leasT).

Ofcourse blanchflower...

Back to basics with a setup based on the Daily chart, with the 4hr for a trigger.

Also, going to hold it for as long as necessary, including overnight.

Attachments

• Daily.jpg
    Daily.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 4hour.jpg
    4hour.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 152
what instrument do you mean Genics? and what timeframes? Im interested because Ive had one of my best days points wise today, but didn't do great yesterday when i think you did. Do you think its choppier today?

i trade off a 5min and 512 tick charts, this whole week has been awfull! such low volume, averaging 1400 contracts per 5min all day..thats bad! on the ym btw

Status
Not open for further replies.