Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, bertie forgot that you're supposed to palm the pea before you shuffle the shells . . .

dc2000 said:
Ducatti how did you come by this gem

Come now dc, have you not tumbled it?
I am the High Priest of the Star Chamber. I personally allocate the bananas.

Soccy was required to oversee one of the training acolytes, thus he had to be dispatched by nuclear submarine to the *secret* trading exchange that links the world financial markets into one seamless platform allowing almost endless riskless arbitrage opportunities.

These example trades had thus been hedged & arbed until they were in effect risk-free.
Soccy will return in good time to resume duties once he has flayed the acolyte.

jog on
d998

ducati998 said:
Come now dc, have you not tumbled it?
I am the High Priest of the Star Chamber. I personally allocate the bananas.

Soccy was required to oversee one of the training acolytes, thus he had to be dispatched by nuclear submarine to the *secret* trading exchange that links the world financial markets into one seamless platform allowing almost endless riskless arbitrage opportunities.

These example trades had thus been hedged & arbed until they were in effect risk-free.
Soccy will return in good time to resume duties once he has flayed the acolyte.

jog on
d998

doh.gif

I have been following all of this and I am dismayed at your collective stupidity.

I have neither the time nor the patience to engage in stupid arguments.

All the trades are still open.

All you will get is an update every weekend from now on.

SOCRATES said:
I have been following all of this and I am dismayed at your collective stupidity.

Socrates, I don't care who you are or how much money you have. The stupidity is on your part. No one with any sense is going to practice writing puts against increased margin calls on the scale that you are doing.

Who the hell do you think you are to to insult peoples intelligence in this way?

Stuff you and your weekend posts, I'm putting you on ignore.

Splitlink said:
Socrates, I don't care who you are or how much money you have. The stupidity is on your part. No one with any sense is going to practice writing puts against increased margin calls on the scale that you are doing.

Who the hell do you think you are to to insult peoples intelligence in this way?

Stuff you and your weekend posts, I'm putting you on ignore.
I forgot to include : your collective and individual stupidity and malice.

Now put me on ignore or do what you like.

"Shrug".

SOCRATES said:

reading between the lines i would say it looks like you had a bad day at the office.

Another 'burning of the books' is on the cards me thinks...Snapped he has...no doubt..none at all. :eek:

SOCRATES said:

Is collective stupidity different in some way to singular stupidity of unbelievable proportions

Who's arguing? we all agree, stupidity beyond words.

Oh dear

Oh goody

SOCRATES said:

Can't wait it's better than Eastenders anyway.

Seriously though I would like to see what you have to say. Got to respect the fact that you keep coming back with a retort (I was going to say answers, but I'm not convinced you do come back with answers...)

See you on here at the weekend, good luck with the trades.

SOCRATES said:

I've seen some dumb so called traders in my time.

If you are still holding all short puts unhedged after the further fall this morning then you are incredibly stupid.

If as I suspect along with others here that all this is pretend paper trades then I suggest you go away and learn some more before you attempt to attain any respect from anyone who actualy trades for a living.

Pathetic and stupid. nothing else to say

linesniffer said:
There is a line of argument that could defend Socs, in terms of that the thread was never intended to be about margin requirements?

But that would then negate the edge of writing for us mere paupers.

Then again, was it ever about us mere paupers.

If you were a millionaire, would you place margin of £130000 when your trades were showing a loss of £ 17000? It's bad business management, IMO.

Split

SOCRATES said:

for the good of this thread that you started you should have the curtesy to tell us exactly what is going on. If it is a loss then it is a loss, maybe over confidence on your part or something put you off. That's all besides the point, you have stated your open positions, the markets have reacted accordingly, so what we want to know is: are you actually on those positions or have you done something behind our backs that we don't know about? If the latter, then the purpose of this thread to demonstrate a point is void and null.

On the contrary, dear boy, we are not after arguments, we are after FACTS. What are your margins and what is your present profit/loss?

Last edited:
stoic said:
for the good of this thread that you started you should have the curtesy to tell us exactly what is going on. If it is a loss then it is a loss, maybe over confidence on your part or something put you off. That's all besides the point, you have stated your open positions, the markets have reacted accordingly, so what we want to know is: are you actually on those positions or have you done something behind our backs that we don't know about? If the latter, then the purpose of this thread to demonstrate a point is void and null.

On the contrary, dear boy, we are not after arguments, we are after FACTS. What are your margins and what is your present profit/loss?
With respect stoic, Soc has told us what he is doing ..... holding the positions. Previous posts show margin & unrealized profit/loss.

The Masses have been quick to condemn. A fascinating insight into mischievous minds. I really hope (and expect) Soc to win out here.

Typical post as follows:

"If you were a millionaire, would you place margin of £130000 when your trades were showing a loss of £ 17000? It's bad business management, IMO."

Depends on confidence/expectation of outcome. Also, no one knows Soc's wealth. This might be a relatively small position. Also, Soc might be using a hedging strategy. The point is - - you don't really know. And, if I may be permitted, it would be discourteous to expect Soc to reveal this info.

A really fascinating insight into Mob behaviour. Animalistic psychology at its best.

starspacer

starspacer said:
With respect stoic, Soc has told us what he is doing ..... holding the positions. Previous posts show margin & unrealized profit/loss.

The Masses have been quick to condemn. A fascinating insight into mischievous minds. I really hope (and expect) Soc to win out here.

Typical post as follows:

"If you were a millionaire, would you place margin of £130000 when your trades were showing a loss of £ 17000? It's bad business management, IMO."

Depends on confidence/expectation of outcome. Also, no one knows Soc's wealth. This might be a relatively small position. Also, Soc might be using a hedging strategy. The point is - - you don't really know. And, if I may be permitted, it would be discourteous to expect Soc to reveal this info.

A really fascinating insight into Mob behaviour. Animalistic psychology at its best.

starspacer

thank you starspacer for finally confirming whose side it is that I should be on. Not only is your reply silly, it also shows the apparent - and to put it bluntly - idiotic understanding and spin that Soccy baby and co. are capable of.

I am in total agreement with JohnG FX now.

I think I speak for dc2000, ducatti, profittaker, splitlink etc. . when I say that we are not in the slightest way interested in the weekend updates in the sense that hindsight is such a wonderful thing to have :cheesy: But don't let me put you off, Soccy, please let's have your updates, with mentions of hedging/ taking the hit etc. . . that you might have or have not have done.

As far as I am concerned this thread is now NULL and VOID. So. over to you ducatti, for the image(s), comedy, (homo)sexual jokes etc . . . we might as well be entertained while we are at it :cheesy:

Oh, and I forgot to add, if he knew everything in advance then he would have known about the drop, hence why bother taking the loss?

SOCRATES said:

Neither do you have the ability. The facts speak for themselves (see above).

Goodnight.

I still say I will give the benefit of the doubt since he said 80% would expire worthless, and discarding the margin discussion (which is a lot by any standards given the profit-loss involved)....but

starspacer said:
Also, Soc might be using a hedging strategy. The point is - - you don't really know.

At the begining of the thread (and apologising in advance if I am wrong, given my ignorance with options), he said he would be writing naked options (at least the first trade)

err, hedging? what part of "naked" is it that i got wrong? dont get it.

jacinto said:
....At the begining of the thread (and apologisi^
err, hedging? what part of "naked" is it that i got wrong? dont get it.

Hedging as part of OVERALL wealth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.