Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread certainly taught everyone something.... ;)

Last edited:
wasp said:
This thread certainly taught everyone something.... ;)
Like don't take a load of risk on board just to impress or prove a point to some people you don't even know on a forum? One of the keys to this business is overcoming ego and emotion, it is.

Splitlink said:
The last I saw anything purple was on the 25th. No one is even bothering to quote him these days :) Such a pity, I suppose that this valuable thread will die out now. He mentioned, earlier, that he was working with bull :devilish: to write a hundred options in March. Hope that he has the margin money to finance them.

He's determined to prove us wrong, no matter what the cost. I admire that kind of determination but I wish that he would keep us up to date during this very interesting couple of days.

Split

I dont want to tempt fate but it seems the midget is also lost for words......
;)

I have a chart of soccy's posts (eh?) I can see in transluscent colour what he is going to say next. He will take care of everything, it is all going to be nice and dandy. After saying that he will add 'there you have it', as in 'i knocked you out' lol. It is no use, really. He will say the same thing regardless of what happens. You are taking the guy waaaaay too seriously.

Reactions: ian
ian said:
I dont want to tempt fate but it seems the midget is also lost for words......
;)

:LOL: I, deliberately, kept him out of my post. You are tempting fate, my friend :eek:

Split

FXSCALPER2 said:
I have a chart of soccy's posts (eh?) I can see in transluscent colour what he is going to say next. He will take care of everything, it is all going to be nice and dandy. After saying that he will add 'there you have it', as in 'i knocked you out' lol. It is no use, really. He will say the same thing regardless of what happens. You are taking the guy waaaaay too seriously.

I've learned a lot from his posts. You have to look way over to the right of the chart, into the future and, if you look hard enough, you'll see a kind of nebulous line, which will get clearer, if you are professional enough. If you are one of the banana eaters, you'll never get it but, never mind, bananas are full of nourishment and he'll, always, throw us a few, to keep our spirits up.

hate to disappoint you chaps but Soc could still come up smelling of roses, this move is all about March expiry Soc only has 3 contracts which he could roll and come back April/May with only one trade that went wrong

On the assumption of course that he could afford the 200k margin he will need to ride the storm

DC

According to what was PM'ed to me yesterday, there are 6 March 6175 contracts outstanding, written at 42.5 and presently trading at 74/77, roughly a £ 2k loss.

The margin has doubled overnight and I wouldn't be suprised if it doubled again tonight. Who in their right mind would stump up £ 96k in margin to hold a position showing a loss of £ 148 ?

Fortunately for him, they were all paper trades anyway.

dc2000 said:
hate to disappoint you chaps but Soc could still come up smelling of roses, this move is all about March expiry Soc only has 3 contracts which he could roll and come back April/May with only one trade that went wrong

On the assumption of course that he could afford the 200k margin he will need to ride the storm

Smelling, yes. But that's the nature of message board trading. The trader can manufacture whatever it takes to persuade the gullible that everything worked out fine, even according to plan.

But those who want to believe will believe, no matter what. Fortunately, they are responsible only -- one hopes -- for their own money.

dc2000 said:

I appreciate that, but would he be able to meet the margin requirement? Of course, if he is wealthy enough to put cash down, he could, but would he have this morning, first thing? If I was a millioniare, I would not risk over £100,000 to make £5000, and the less capital you have the more unattractive it is.

I think that the point has been made, but not in his favour. £5000 in twenty trades. Even if he did a hundred, that would make £25000---even if it was £50000-- and then take a Black Swan (today isn't a serious one, yet) just is not worth the worry.

It's one thing to say "Look, the options have expired valueless" at the expiry date, but it is another to risk it today, don't you think?

It needs balls (and not cannonballs, either). Here's me talking in a high pitched voice, for a start :)

Split

Last edited:
not me but then I dont post in purple or have an exclusive club I want people to join either

New margin parameters just published;

untitledqw0.jpg

Comments ?

I had actually thought the margin would have been a little more than that. Still, a loss of £17,000 and the writers still have the edge do they?

Just for information, the March 6225 Puts closed Monday night at 15.5, today they closed at 121.5. Of course the buyers are mugs :)

Profitaker said:
I had actually thought the margin would have been a little more than that. Still, a loss of £17,000 and the writers still have the edge do they?

Just for information, the March 6225 Puts closed Monday night at 15.5, today they closed at 121.5. Of course the buyers are mugs :)
Quite frankly I still hold the view that writers, in general, have an edge over buyers, for reasons that have been stated elsewhere in this thread, though like others I feel the thread did little to add anything to my former opinion To make use of that edge the writer must know how to control the risk that he takes on as having an edge will not guarantee him to win always. I do not know where Socrates positions currently lie, as I couldn't be bothered to follow them, but I wish him no ill, I save that for people who are on the opposite side of my positions, and I have no vested interest here.
The real casualty here imho is the myth, "that everything is known in advance" Were that the case then Socrates would have been here telling us all what was what, instead of sitting trying to workout, like the rest of us, if this is the start of a greater correction or simply a speed bump.

It's all rather academic anyway, as I have no doubt that the trades were nothing more than paper trades.

It has been interesting to see how the margin requirements have moved, as I do not write options, and have subsequently never looked at that before. I thank you for that contribution Profitaker

The real casualty here imho is the myth, "that everything is known in advance" Were that the case then Socrates would have been here telling us all what was what, instead of sitting trying to workout, like the rest of us, if this is the start of a greater correction or simply a speed bump.

I dont really hold with Soc's view that everything is known in advance but this move was being telegraphed two weeks ago

linesniffer said:
Agreed.

The stats that PT has posted and the obvious market move, have given this thread a very bizarre and ironic ending. Quite poignant.

This thread needs an epitaph.

Quite so;

undefined I have been instructed to pass on the following; Had the churlish behaviour of a number of posters not contributed to the deterioration of my thread, I may well have been inclined to provide advance warning of the drama to unfold. All positions were closed at a profit as of course the market had been giving many clues to those of us who can see past the subterfuge and nonsense.

undefined I am willing however to expand on this. The signs were clear as I have transponded myself to a higher plane where the question of feelings and emotion do not exist nor interfere with the trading paradigm, this skill is almost autistic in origin, you drop the box of matches, I respond 318, in an eyeblink, instantly, without hesitation, remorse or emotion.

undefined Some parting advice, not because you deserve it, but because I can you see......dc/db who can tell them apart.....you gentlemen require urgent attention to your emotional states, you partake of far too much goosip, and not enough trading, you need to sort your heads out, because believe me they need sorting out urgently, but I have neither the time, the inclination, nor the patience, find someone to clout your thick heads with a mallet is probably the best advice I can give you.

undefined I have been in council with the PodQ and as a collective decided that it most certainly not in my, or our collective interests to continue displaying knowledge that was only come by from many years of unceasing and disciplined study, locked in a study, venturing out only for a few hours every decade.

undefined As for that half-wit Profitloser.....Yes, but you have for a very long time persisted in incurring my displeasure, have you not ?You are not alone guilty of these misdemeanours with regard to me on these boards. Therefore you now have to suffer the consequences of your ill advised transgressions and share them collectively with your fellow transgressors, and this is the result.

undefined And last and very much least....dicattttttti...It is beyond you as it is beyond several others because it does not dawn on you that you do not understand that you do not understand, that's why. But you cannot complain that I do not tell you everything. You are not exceptional, because you are the norm

Adios peanuts..................down periscope

Status
Not open for further replies.