Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ducati998 said:
Market seemingly is.
Soccy is conspicuous by his absence.

Obviously he needs to monitor the removal men as they empty the Chelsea flat.
He'll be eating in the cafe as a bona fide patron if we have a May style correction, forget about going undercover.

Black Swan, Roast Duck.............how's the Pie-n-Mash?

jog on
d998
This is not a black swan. This is statistically "normal". He will know about it if a black swan appeared, because with his massive open positions he would be bankrupt.

Regardless, I fell off my chair laughing at your post ! The Sock couldn't have got the timing more wrong if he had tried.

Everything is known in advance LOL.

PRICELSSS.

today and tomorrow are just a slap to let you know the main event is around the corner

Profitaker said:
untitleddx9.jpg

Margin has DOUBLED since yesterday - I bet the Soc is glad it was only ever paper trades.

DOW down 400 points ! Let that be a lesson to the Soc and his followers. Further slide expected tomorrow.

reminds me of the song
"what a difference a day makes"

or will it be "rollin rollin rollin rawhide"

£ 92,756 cash required to hold a position that is showing a loss of £ 149.

You just couldn't make it up.

1. The stated aim of this thread was to show that WRITING options has an EDGE over BUYING options because Writers are professionals whilst Buyers may or may not be professionals; is this correct??

2. Given the action in today's market can this opinion still hold true if the open positions are "rolled over"?

3. Is it therefore the case that this "EDGE" only applies in "normal" market conditions. When something "abnormal" occurs the edge is eroded due to the unlimited loss potential?

ducati998 said:
Soccy is conspicuous by his absence.
He is here ducati, make no mistake about it. He is watching, reading, wondering what to do, what to say. I have just taken him off of ignore - I can't wait for the "update" LOL.

BlueT

3. Today is not "abnormal".

It is fairly normal in terms of a distribution.

The black swan is truly abnormal, something in the order of 6 + sigma. Maybe we'll see it tomorrow, maybe in 19 years time, who knows ?

How do you know Socs didn't close out all his positions yesterday & then go short??

You might recall that the best traders go with the flow & switch positions in an instant.

As I've said before ...... all is known in advance. :D

Profitaker said:
£ 92,756 cash required to hold a position that is showing a loss of £ 149.

You just couldn't make it up.

Even if he could ride this out, it simply is not worth the worry. If he comes on and tells us that he is still happy with his £5000 profit and not worried, at all, about the margin requirement for his naked puts, or the fall on Wall Street, or the opening tomorrow, then he is not human.

Anyway, we can be sure that he will be very bizzy in the morning.

Glad I'm not a naked put writer :)

Split

starspacer said:
How do you know Socs didn't close out all his positions yesterday & then go short??

You might recall that the best traders go with the flow & switch positions in an instant.

because he would have posted to that effect yesterday

starspacer said:

well in that case he should have the curtesy to post it on this thread saying so after he has closed them, that's what this thread was all about wasn't it? I'm not on anybody's side here, but it would defeat the purpose of this thread if he left it out.

1. The stated aim of this thread was to show that WRITING options has an EDGE over BUYING options because Writers are professionals whilst Buyers may or may not be professionals; is this correct??

I would say that Anthony Bolton's slightly large purchase of a three month put was professional trade

dc2000 said:
reminds me of the song
"what a difference a day makes"

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Remember lads - not a black swan in sight!

(ouch!)

Sorry Socs - but if I'm in the market, I'm 'IN'. big time.

My 'money management' (God i hate that fraze) is probably a bit different to most. if i was picking up premium, i would be out after today for good. thats why i dont do it.

picking up nickels in front of a steam roller aint my gig.

respect for the 20 trades of winners though - cos we all know they see you through times like today right?

in the stock market, these big moves are more frequent on the down side over the up side. not so in commodities though from my observations.

starspacer said:

We don't know, do we? The fact that we are accepting (although somewhat reluctantly, by some posters) his word that his trades are genuine, does not mean that we are complete, gullible idiots and that he can post trades on hindsight.

No, the bottom line, here, is that he has over £90,000 margin requirement now and will, almost certainly have to be ready to increase that in the morning.

Split

Well, ladies & gents, it's been a pleasure trading with you all today.

I think I'll let you into a secret........This is my next investment with todays winnings. :D :cool:

Time for a snooze.

Seriously, guys, don't get hurt out there. This is a market for the pros only. :D

SOCRATES said:
Yes, and now look at my previous post. Do you think anyone understands it ? No.

Now here is some more..

What I have explained is only part of it, not all.

What happens, is that when you get yourself really tuned, the chart on the screen does not get confined to the perimeter of the screen. It wafts away to the right, beyond the right hand edge, into thin air, and it displays quite clearly what is going to happen next.

It does not appear in solid display, in solid form like it does on the screen, it appears with a smoky quality and sort of translucence that you need to adjust your vision to percieve it, not to see it, but to be able to percieve it, as part of the cluster of abilities. It is a skill and arrives with experience, knowledge and many hours of screen watching.

There you have it.

crackle, crackle....
PodQ come in PodQ
crackle crackle
PodQ can you hear me?
crackle, crackle

It's no good we've lost him, I saw him floating of to the right almost translucent he was, then a big black nasty bird attacked the Pod, screaming it was, and severed his link. The last we saw he was drifting aimlessly lower towards the lower right hand.

jog on
d998

Hmm ...in the words of the chuckle brothers

Oh dear

Oh dear Oh dear

hey socco ....have a butchers at price patterns thread......might come in handy when you start agn :rolleyes:

ducati998 said:
crackle, crackle....
PodQ come in PodQ
crackle crackle
PodQ can you hear me?
crackle, crackle

It's no good we've lost him, I saw him floating of to the right almost translucent he was, then a big black nasty bird attacked the Pod, screaming it was, and severed his link. The last we saw he was drifting aimlessly lower towards the lower right hand.

jog on
d998

The last I saw anything purple was on the 25th. No one is even bothering to quote him these days :) Such a pity, I suppose that this valuable thread will die out now. He mentioned, earlier, that he was working with bull :devilish: to write a hundred options in March. Hope that he has the margin money to finance them.

He's determined to prove us wrong, no matter what the cost. I admire that kind of determination but I wish that he would keep us up to date during this very interesting couple of days.

Split

Status
Not open for further replies.