Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap Buddist said:
Well, I think this Bulletin Board is exactly (as it presently operates and how its currently managed) would be a very good if not exact replication of the idea that another member has put forward with regards to feedback for his ideas of opening a Trading Cafe.

LOL.

now and I did laugh but i think thats what would happen in the cafe in real life as happens here , whilst being a bloody good environment perhaps for the onlooker to watch the show and bloody chaotic laughs youd get too I suspect :) the merits of it being a viable environment for developing serious trading intentions are all over even before its begun.

It needs very strict format, with zero informalities allowed on the shop floor. This is for the majority's own good at first they need to be controlled and slowly taught and learn how to actually be free to take control of their own lives?

Trade2wins shop floor presently lacks this vision? control? management? Then you would have to say to the owners of the cafe as with this board what are your objectives.

If this is not know at the top, then its usually trial and errors management until, until a visionary is at the top the king pin who dictates ,(but the dictatorship can be subtle to even seem pleasant) for very good reason, and thats to get the objectives met.

In the meantime , I'll have a mocha choca .

In the usual cafe, however, you'll find a variety of things going on: jokes, huddled whispers, negotiations, wagers, plans, schemes. So a wide latitude is given a variety of behaviors.

But the patron who becomes aggressively obnoxious and insulting is cut off, then shown the door (better to lose one customer than a dozen), preferably before somebody busts his nose and prompts a free-for-all.

Db

Suggest any cafe has a boxing ring in the middle to settle up any minor disagreements in a traditional fashion once the bikkering has finished.

dbphoenix said:
In the usual cafe, however, you'll find a variety of things going on: jokes, huddled whispers, negotiations, wagers, plans, schemes. So a wide latitude is given a variety of behaviors.

But the patron who becomes aggressively obnoxious and insulting is cut off, then shown the door (better to lose one customer than a dozen), preferably before somebody busts his nose and prompts a free-for-all.

Db

yeah agree with the throw out , but was this site ever meant to embrace progress of trading concepts , traders with any serious intentions? If yes then somethings gone wrong or the objectives have changed ? Money from fast food over level of service and the foods own standard.

But as a cafe its fine. But I read people want to generally learn more here too ? too much in the one room maybe to cater for all tastes browsing the menus ?

Now where theres the will, then its possible I'd say.

If a trader, wants to show, demonstrate or in some way help others then controls need to be in place or optional to be used so they can function without burgers being thrown from the back towards the front?

On a member developing or trying to develop a serious thread, I think the option to toggle off replies should be used, for instance, this will delay,stop instant burger throwing from the off.

Discussion could then be switched on once the initial delivery is out there as the tutor/member wants it. ? it wouldnt have to be a private join club either then yet would still be controlled and totally visible to all members. Burger throwers would have no choice but to eat their own burgers and hold it in ?

This would benefit everyone the tutor? the burger chewers (holding it in) and saintly members able to follow the thread starters views to completion if its a series without having to walk throw vomit?

Whether then once discussion is switched on a gigantic spew of chewed burger heads to the front, who knows .

The above is only meant to assit the 2 , the cafe and some attempt of advancing trading/ers if they are being run side by side under the one site.

TWI said:
Suggest any cafe has a boxing ring in the middle to settle up any minor disagreements in a traditional fashion once the bikkering has finished.

Definately , I mean I can see more seats being ripped out and thrown in a traders cafe than has ever been at Millwall football club. I think it would start a kind of new hooliganism, slightly mal adjusted but partly gifted city pro's on a day off would join the cafe just for the ruck of it !

No more hardman contests to release the excess energy, lets go to that cafe and they'd come back with a few teeth missing ,a broken nose, start developing cauliflower ears over time and tales,comparison of old scars would abound .Dreaming of their next coach trip up north to do their cafe ! Strange people who they meet for the first time would say you a rugby player mate ? no I am a trader , you want some :LOL:

All that because of the traders cafe. I can see it.

Crap Buddist said:
yeah agree with the throw out , but was this site ever meant to embrace progress of trading concepts , traders with any serious intentions? If yes then somethings gone wrong or the objectives have changed ?

The Mission Statement:

Trade2Win (T2W) prides itself on being the leading community web site for active traders. Our aim is simple, we want to unite and support active traders across the globe. To this end we provide a range of facilities to enable our members to communicate with one another, share their knowledge and express their views. Furthermore we seek to provide educational and thought provoking content to help better educate our members in their trading lives.

jimmy1jag said:
As I understand it, this is akin to extracting the correct slide from the sub conscious mind's box of millions of images and super imposing it on the screen in front of you and then focusing the image (a bit like adjusting your eyes and mind to see those coloured 3D pictures you find sometimes, where you have to adjust you vision to see the 3D image in front of you). And once you've done that, you have to act correctly in accordance with the information in front of you... and all that with the conscious mind banging away inside your head (unless you've tamed it of course!) encouraging you to do the wrong thing.

The Law of Attraction comes to mind :idea:

Now jimmy,

What you have seen here is but the tip of the iceberg.

Now, here is one for you, that will get all the usual suspects going again.

Socrates has demonstrated his abilities on this thread -clearly - for all to see.

But, how do think that Socrates was able to add this very effective tool to his trading arsenal, for, from Socrates' previous threads, it is apparent that he was not trading FTSE INDEX OPTIONS.

I will tell you why.

You see, the Markets have many Instruments to facilitate trade.

Over time, and with great effort and dedication, certain traders attain a level of trading that starspacer rightly calls Trading Mastery.

The good part is, once Trading Mastery is attained, it is not difficult for the Master Trader do determine the synergies of the various Instruments, and this, in effect, leads to the prompt acquisition of additional skills that mould the MASTER VIEW.

Now, I just happen to know that Bulldozer is THE MASTER OF MASTERS when it comes to trading Options - so where do you think Socrates moulded his current View for FTSE INDEX OPTIONS.

And what is more, when you get two (2) Master Traders working together, you have what is called a VIEW TO BEHOLD.

I will ask both Bulldozer and Socrates to have a competition between them, for I also have my own Views that I want to mould effectively.

The competition will be to see which one of them can place 100 winning Option Trades on the trot.

The loser will donate £5K to the charity of the others choice.

As this will be a VIEW TO BEHOLD, it will not be held on this site, for obvious reasons, which are plain for all to see by now.

Let me see what I can do, for I like to help fellow traders whenever possible.

Furthermore we seek to provide educational and thought provoking content.....

That may well be the aim, but it's certainly not the reality. The loonies are running the asylum.

CYOF said:
The Law of Attraction comes to mind :idea:

Now jimmy,

What you have seen here is but the tip of the iceberg.

Now, here is one for you, that will get all the usual suspects going again.

Socrates has demonstrated his abilities on this thread -clearly - for all to see.

But, how do think that Socrates was able to add this very effective tool to his trading arsenal, for, from Socrates' previous threads, it is apparent that he was not trading FTSE INDEX OPTIONS.

I will tell you why.

You see, the Markets have many Instruments to facilitate trade.

Over time, and with great effort and dedication, certain traders attain a level of trading that starspacer rightly calls Trading Mastery.

The good part is, once Trading Mastery is attained, it is not difficult for the Master Trader do determine the synergies of the various Instruments, and this, in effect, leads to the prompt acquisition of additional skills that mould the MASTER VIEW.

Now, I just happen to know that Bulldozer is THE MASTER OF MASTERS when it comes to trading Options - so where do you think Socrates moulded his current View for FTSE INDEX OPTIONS.

And what is more, when you get two (2) Master Traders working together, you have what is called a VIEW TO BEHOLD.

I will ask both Bulldozer and Socrates to have a competition between them, for I also have my own Views that I want to mould effectively.

The competition will be to see which one of them can place 100 winning Option Trades on the trot.

The loser will donate £5K to the charity of the others choice.

As this will be a VIEW TO BEHOLD, it will not be held on this site, for obvious reasons, which are plain for all to see by now.

Let me see what I can do, for I like to help fellow traders whenever possible.
I have just come in to look and seen your post above.

It is absolutely SPOT ON.

Now I want you to understand I am not saying this to flatter anyone.

I am saying it because it is true and I am delighted when the truth, when the correct way to think is applied reveals that truth, a fundmental truth which we often refer to in my circle and we identify it as an axiom.

Now the thing is, that Bully is a Sacred Monster.

I will explain what a Sacred Monster is.

In the trading frimament there are many kinds of entities. One of them is very rare, the Sacred Monster. Bully is one of these, very rare they are indeed. A trader who has fully mastered the art of trading far beyond all the mechanics and mechanisms. In fact, in his niche and in his art, he is a genius.

Last year, I observed him in his struggles with several persistent posters contradicting him.

His persistent posture caught my eye.

I looked at it carefully from an impartial viewpoint and immediately recognised he was absolutely right, and what is more, I was the only member in the entire site to spot this.

I immediately spotted the 7 mouseketeers as he called them were barking up the wrong tree, but no amount of persuasion would induce them to modify their stubborn and futile stance.

This stubborn and futile stance is not uncommon on these boards, and curiously it is the same people again and again who do this, but by the same token they are not uncommon and in the sense they are able to drag others in if a crowd is allowed to form. It is typicla crowd behaviour in which the crowd are equally depowering to individuals who approach at first with an open mind only to have it corrupted by unwise, egotistical and blinded peer pressure.

Now you see, Bully and I immediately recognised in each other very specific faculties, and confluent market viewpoints.

At the same time neither of us will tolerate nonsense, but we are different in the sense that our fuses are of different duration. He has a very short fuse and cannot help losing his temper with dunces very easily and flying of the handle and exploding very quickly whereas I am more patient. That is why in the end Bully became overwhelmed by the persistent torpor that habitually permeates this site and only served to frustrate and agitate him further and so he requested to ban himself.

He was not banned, he chose to ban himself.

You are right also when you speak of synergies. In the Star Chamber we call it by a different name, but it amounts to the same. Therefore after having attained a certain level of awareness and cognition as a gestalt, it is not difficult to make a quantum leap from one instrument to another and to gain mastery in it quickly. which is what Starspacer describes.

The challenge is a very exciting one to me and one I would accept unconditionally.

The question is we need a venue in which we are guaranteed not to be interrupted and interfered with. I propose the mechanics, that is,the trading algorithms and decision trees remain screened so as not to give away edges and the results I leave to Bully to decide whether they ought to be made public or whether they ought to remain available only to selected observers, in consideration he is kindly offering to host it on his website in a manner that guarantees the exclusion of detractors and troublemakers, because quite frankly I have had a bellyfull here of having to struggle with rudeness, aggression and impertinence.

I would be ready to start on the project once the series here is finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
SOCRATES said:
I have just come in to look and seen your post above.

It is absolutely SPOT ON.

Now I want you to understand I am not saying this to flatter anyone.

I am saying it because it is true and I am delighted when the truth, when the correct way to think is applied reveals that truth, a fundmental truth which we often refer to in my circle and we identify it as an axiom.

Now the thing is, that Bully is a Sacred Monster.

I will explain what a Sacred Monster is.

In the trading frimament there are many kinds of entities. One of them is very rare, the Sacred Monster. Bully is one of these, very rare they are indeed. A trader who has fully mastered the art of trading far beyond all the mechanics and mechanisms.

Last year, I observed him in his struggles with several persistent posters contradicting him.

His persistent posture caught my eye.

I looked at it carefully from an impartial viewpoint and immediately recognised he was absolutely right, and what is more, I was the only member in the entire site to spot this.

I immediately spotted the 7 mouseketeers as he called them were barking up the wrong tree, but no amount of persuasion would induce them to modify their stubborn and futile stance.

This stubborn and futile stance is not uncommon on these boards, and curiously it is the same people again and again who do this, but by the same token they are not uncommon and in the sense they are able to drag others in if a crowd is allowed to form. It is typicla crowd behaviour in which the crowd are equally depowering to individuals who approach at first with an open mind only to have it corrupted by unwise, egotistical and blinded peer pressure.

Now you see, Bully and I immediately recognised in each others' very specific faculties.

At the same time neither of us will tolerate nonsense, but we are different in the sense that our fuses are of different duration. He has a very short fuse and cannot help losing his temper with dunces very easily and flying of the handle and exploding very quickly whereas I am more patient. That is why in the end Bully became overwhelmed by the persistent torpor that habitually permeates this site and only served to frustrate and agitate him further and so he requested to ban himself.

He was not banned, he chose to ban himself.

You are right also when you speak of synergies. In the Star Chamber we call it by a different name, but it amounts to the same. Therefore after having attained a certain level of awareness and cognition as a gestalt, it is not difficult to make a quantum leap from one instrument to another and to gain mastery in it quickly. which is what Starspacer describes.

The challenge is a very exciting one to me and one I would accept unconditionally.

The question is we need a venue in which we are guaranteed not to be interrupted and interfered with. I propose the mechanics, that is,the trading algorithms and decision trees remain screened so as not to give away edges and the results I leave to Bully to decide whether they ought to be made public or whether they ought to remain available only to selected observers, in consideration he is kindly offering to host it on his website in a manner that guarantees the exclusion of detractors and troublemakers, because quite frankly I have had a bellyfull here of having to struggle with rudeness, aggression and impertinence.

I would be ready to start on the project once the series here is finished.

Thank you Socrates,

I apologise for been a little selfish, but you know that this exercise will be of great value in moulding my own personal view.

We will wait for this series to finish, but in the meantime, I have started a poll to see if anyone wants to revive the Options Edge thread, and maybe some other dead ones as well.

Please submit your vote if you have not already done so.

Thank You.

These claims of omniscience are stretching the point too far.
Have you heard the phrase "The lunatics are taking over the Asylum" ?
Are we watching 'The Poor Distracted people in the House of Bedlam' ?

You can understand someone being taken in by the apparent ease of making money, and the apparent lack of risk involved, but when it comes to 'everything being known in advance', then there can only be one reason.
And that is a very unhealthy reason, and the unhealthiness seems to have attracted 2 or 3 other souls who must already have had similar states of mind.
Birds of a feather flock together.
And there appears to be an agenda to attract others to the fold and to whisk them away too.

Will the alleged all-seeing ones will be gracious enough to warn the world in advance of all future disasters from now on ?
Or will they watch smugly from a coven of grinning greedy acolytes and count their wages as people die or economies crash ?
And will they take over the running of the world, the galaxy and the Universe either for good or evil ? Perhaps God will be glad of the break.

So why are they still here you may ask ?
Surely the prospect of guaranteed wealth forever would entice them to better things than spending all day and night in a shed in the garden in front of a screen proclaiming their omniscience and fending off disbelievers with juju and psychobabble and playground taunts, and all without a shred of evidence of their claims.
Not very exciting is it ?
With their knowledge shouldn't they be sitting on a glorious beach somewhere with a Sat-link, surrounded by dusky maidens fulfilling their every whim and desire ?
Or saving the peoples of the world from disease and disaster and death ?
Or both ?
You'd make your pile a lot faster with the cure for Cancer, or ageing, or baldness.............
Or do you know how to get into Fort Knox ? Allegedly you do - in advance.
But no you do it the hard way - for reasons best know to you, you have picked writing options in a shed. Hmmm.

Or is there a chink in the armour, an uncertainty creeping in, a doubt, a worry ? Has there been an unwitting gaff ?
Here is the epitaph already penned by socrates : - "......it has to do with very near certainty".
Ah - not so sure then. One bomb is enough, and there will be more than one.
And the next one may already be ticking - but of course you know about that one don't you ?
Don't you ?

Glenn
P.S. Only one-liners, if anything at all from me on this from now on; half-term is already over.

Glenn said:
These claims of omniscience are stretching the point too far.
Have you heard the phrase "The lunatics are taking over the Asylum" ?
Are we watching 'The Poor Distracted people in the House of Bedlam' ?

You can understand someone being taken in by the apparent ease of making money, and the apparent lack of risk involved, but when it comes to 'everything being known in advance', then there can only be one reason.
And that is a very unhealthy reason, and the unhealthiness seems to have attracted 2 or 3 other souls who must already have had similar states of mind.
Birds of a feather flock together.
And there appears to be an agenda to attract others to the fold and to whisk them away too.

Will the alleged all-seeing ones will be gracious enough to warn the world in advance of all future disasters from now on ?
Or will they watch smugly from a coven of grinning greedy acolytes and count their wages as people die or economies crash ?
And will they take over the running of the world, the galaxy and the Universe either for good or evil ? Perhaps God will be glad of the break.

So why are they still here you may ask ?
Surely the prospect of guaranteed wealth forever would entice them to better things than spending all day and night in a shed in the garden in front of a screen proclaiming their omniscience and fending off disbelievers with juju and psychobabble and playground taunts, and all without a shred of evidence of their claims.
Not very exciting is it ?
With their knowledge shouldn't they be sitting on a glorious beach somewhere with a Sat-link, surrounded by dusky maidens fulfilling their every whim and desire ?
Or saving the peoples of the world from disease and disaster and death ?
Or both ?
You'd make your pile a lot faster with the cure for Cancer, or ageing, or baldness.............
Or do you know how to get into Fort Knox ? Allegedly you do - in advance.
But no you do it the hard way - for reasons best know to you, you have picked writing options in a shed. Hmmm.

Or is there a chink in the armour, an uncertainty creeping in, a doubt, a worry ? Has there been an unwitting gaff ?
Here is the epitaph already penned by socrates : - "......it has to do with very near certainty".
Ah - not so sure then. One bomb is enough, and there will be more than one.
And the next one may already be ticking - but of course you know about that one don't you ?
Don't you ?

Glenn
P.S. Only one-liners, if anything at all from me on this from now on; half-term is already over.
You need not get agitated and you need not worry, Glenn.
No one is trying to recruit anyone, as you imply.
This topic is not for everyone and ths thread proves it.
Therefore no one is seeking acolytes.
But on the other hand to be in constructive discussion with ones true peers within a framework of harmony and common interest is a delight.

This condition of harmony and common interest, not as you necessarily percieve it, but at a very high level is not attainable or indeed accessible to the many, only to the few, the very few.

This brings me to the topic of access.
Access is restricted as I have already explained.
It is restricted with virtually draconian exclusion.
This is because this thread serves to illustrate the point.
And the point is that the great majority are detractors and naysayers.
For this reason, the next series is unsuitable for the great majority to participate in and indeed witness. It therefore limits the excercise to the absolute infinitessimal minority, in which you are not included, and therefore not invited.

I am still here because this thread is not finished.

I always finish what I start. and what is more everything I do I do to the best of my ability, as I am devoted to the pursuit of excellencs, nothing more and nothing less.

All the options I have written will expire worthless

Some of them I closed early as scalps, to demonstrate it is possible to take profits on the trot and the rest are still open, and coincidentally, all of them are profitable.

So I am resolute in my commitment to finish this thread and prove the writer has the edge over the buyer, because, in an earlier post I mentioned it and I mention it again, this time for your specific benefit, which is that Writing is professional whereas buying may or may not be.
The rest of your post is nonsense and does not merit a response.

Last edited:
"The rest of your post is nonsense and does not merit a response."

Your standard way of dealing with reason - you can't answer so you have to dismiss it out of hand and hope that it will go away.
I trust that the readers havve seen through this. If they haven't then may God help them.
Glenn

Glenn said:

Your standard way of dealing with reason - you can't answer so you have to dismiss it out of hand and hope that it will go away.
I trust that the readers havve seen through this. If they haven't then may God help them.
Glenn

Most see through it, yes. Those who are most likely to fall for this act don't understand how it works. Unfortunately, they will tend to be new.

Glenn said:

Glenn
See what exactly ? What is there to see ?

Everything I say is crystal clear.

What more do you expect ?

You expect me to by you or think like you ?

Is that what you expect ?

It cannot happen and it won't happen.

dbphoenix said:
Most see through it, yes. Those who are most likely to fall for this act don't understand how it works. Unfortunately, they will tend to be new.
Now it is your turn...

What are you talking about ?

What is it you are implying ?

Go on, tell me.

Bertie, you are so transparent. Too bad we aren't all as stupid as you'd like to believe we are.

"Everything I say is crystal clear"
Yes, a vacuum is transparent because there is nothing in it.

You can't answer so you have to dismiss it out of hand and hope that it will go away.

All the questions asked of you are reasonable and sensible.
All you do is avoid answering, just like a politician.
If you want your ethics and purpose to be seen as somewhere below those of Estate Agents, then by all means carry on.
If you cannot read, please ask for assistance.

Glenn

dbphoenix said:
Bertie, you are so transparent. Too bad we aren't all as stupid as you'd like to believe we are.
That is not an answer ...that is an accusation.

I want an answer and not the usual s#it from you.

Go on, let's have it.

Glenn said:
"Everything I say is crystal clear"
Yes, a vacuum is transparent because there is nothing in it.

You can't answer so you have to dismiss it out of hand and hope that it will go away.

All the questions asked of you are reasonable and sensible.
All you do is avoid answering, just like a politician.
If you want your ethics and purpose to be seen as somewhere below those of Estate Agents, then by all means carry on.
If you cannot read, please ask for assistance.

Glenn
You the same as him above.

Status
Not open for further replies.