New Trades Thread

It's only money right? The market will correct at some time. :whistling

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 1.43.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 1.43.46 PM.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 124
added another 100 shares of XIV..currently down $350 which i don't mind showing at all

Are you using the fixed commission schedule? I only ask because I think you save more money and reap the add liquidity rebates with the tiered commission schedule.

It's only money right? The market will correct at some time. :whistling

once we don't go mad and risk too much..things will be fine..the market can go any way..down i lose some more..up i make some back..as you know..it is not a real loss until i close the trade..not like my es option trades which have expired worthless..will sum up the whole lot when all trades shown here are closed

main thing is i am not worried about it:)

Are you using the fixed commission schedule? I only ask because I think you save more money and reap the add liquidity rebates with the tiered commission schedule.

commissions for non daytrading do not bother me..they are not even worth thinking about..different if you are scalping 500 to 1000 shares a good few times for the open..but that is for later..for now i continue to risk small money and keep in touch with the markets..need to get back to TwC shortly..unable to find my lost file..one last look..if not then i have to do it again:rolleyes:

once we don't go mad and risk too much..things will be fine..the market can go any way..down i lose some more..up i make some back..as you know..it is not a real loss until i close the trade..not like my es option trades which have expired worthless..will sum up the whole lot when all trades shown here are closed

main thing is i am not worried about it:)

Absolutely.

So, are you the fixed commission schedule? If so, you should really switch to the tiered commission schedule.

How did you come to that calculation did you leverage a lot? 100 pips to a yen. 118.68-0.95=117.73

Comé hai calcolato quello?

If you bought 10,000 USD/JPY @ 118.68 = ¥1,186,800/117.73 = $10,080.68
$10,080.69/$10,000 = 1.008 = 0.8%.

If you leveraged 12:1, then you would 9.6%.
1,200,000 USD/JPY @ 118,68 = ¥ 14,241,600/117.73 = $120,968 - (12*10,000) = $968/$10,000 = 9.6%

Simple - there is more than 1 way to trade dollar/yen (spread bet / futures to name the most obvious 2) there for, leverage is calculated differently, and margin applies.

Im not saying your calculations are not correct, they are, but you are talking about physical purchase price.

So my calculation - to make it simple to the way the majority are likely to play -

Acc $2,000
Risk 2% = $40
Stop $40/20 pips = $2 per pip
Gain = 95 x 2 = $190
190/2000 x 100 = 9.5%
New Balance $2190

What is the gain if its not 9.5%?

Not wanting to start a big debate, as I have seen that in the past, but it does show there are many different ways traders report returns, and if it is a private account it doesn't even matter, as long as the user is happy as Larry.

Hanno un buon week-end
Ciao for now

Comé WW ha calculato quello? Leva finanziaria?

well.... I was risking 2% per 20 pip (WW did his homework).....I normally risk 2% per 10 pips, my risk is based on technicality and when my risk is larger than 10 pips due to volatility like in this case I still risk 2% but reduce my volume/stake.

Need to go .....have a great WE

Last edited:
Absolutely.

So, are you the fixed commission schedule? If so, you should really switch to the tiered commission schedule.

yes..i am looking at some different brokers..ib is fine for the small size..100 to 500 shares..once you go over that you are throwing away money..but for now they are fine..i like the charting program called quotetracker..or qt for short....in the past you could subscribe..they do not allow any new subscribers now since tdameritrade bought qt..i might open a tda account to daytrade using options..as i really like qt..it is ideal for daytrading..tws charts are crap..the basics are terrible..but they will not implement the simple additions..i have asked them many times..i gave up..waste of time

Simple - there is more than 1 way to trade dollar/yen (spread bet / futures to name the most obvious 2) there for, leverage is calculated differently, and margin applies.

Im not saying your calculations are not correct, they are, but you are talking about physical purchase price.

So my calculation - to make it simple to the way the majority are likely to play -

Acc $2,000
Risk 2% = $40
Stop $40/20 pips = $2 per pip
Gain = 95 x 2 = $190
190/2000 x 100 = 9.5%
New Balance $2190

What is the gain if its not 9.5%?

Not wanting to start a big debate, as I have seen that in the past, but it does show there are many different ways traders report returns, and if it is a private account it doesn't even matter, as long as the user is happy as Larry.

Hanno un buon week-end
Ciao for now

io comprendo. Si un pip é 1/100 yen. $2/pip. 118.68 = 11,868 pips * $2/pip = $23,736 valore commerciale. $23,736/$2,000 = 11.868:1 leva.

$23,736 USD/JPY @118.68 = ¥ 2,816,988 / 117.73 = $23,926 - $23,736 = $190

Your calculations appear to be correct to me. I was just asking if you leveraged. Apparently by a huge amount.

Molto bene.

I always wondered how you people traded the forex market with less $25,000. If you leverage enough to reach that trade value, then your order will not be directed to the odd lots.

yes..i am looking at some different brokers..ib is fine for the small size..100 to 500 shares..once you go over that you are throwing away money..but for now they are fine..i like the charting program called quotetracker..or qt for short....in the past you could subscribe..they do not allow any new subscribers now since tdameritrade bought qt..i might open a tda account to daytrade using options..as i really like qt..it is ideal for daytrading..tws charts are crap..the basics are terrible..but they will not implement the simple additions..i have asked them many times..i gave up..waste of time

Not quite. The more shares you trade upon a monthly basis, the better the commissions become until you actually start to make money just by moving it around.

At a certain point on the tiered commission schedule, they charge $0.0005/share; however, most exchanges will pass through an add liquidity rebate of up to $0.003/share for equities greater than $1.00/share. You can end up receiving $0.0025/share just by placing a trade.

Not quite. The more shares you trade upon a monthly basis, the better the commissions become until you actually start to make money just by moving it around.

At a certain point on the tiered commission schedule, they charge $0.0005/share; however, most exchanges will pass through an add liquidity rebate of up to $0.003/share for equities greater than $1.00/share. You can end up receiving $0.0025/share just by placing a trade.

yes..but that requires a specific way of trading..which is not the way i do it..if my r/r is 1:4..which it is..and i can get 3 winners from 4 trades per day..which i know i can..then commissions will not bother me at all..they are just a small expense in the overall context

it is much more important to have your method working consistently..and you head in the right place

yes..but that requires a specific way of trading..which is not the way i do it..if my r/r is 1:4..which it is..and i can get 3 winners from 4 trades per day..which i know i can..then commissions will not bother me at all..they are just a small expense in the overall context

it is much more important to have your method working consistently..and you head in the right place

That is definitely important. I am not arguing with that. The commission thing is just a plus.

That is definitely important. I am not arguing with that. The commission thing is just a plus.

ok..it is time to do some work..the sooner the testing is done the better..we can see then if it warrants some small risk with live trades..when i get interested in something i have to get it done