my journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting rid of reading: will watch movies and write reviews

Ok, I was down to writing, reading and watching movies and didn't know what I'd read.

Guess what, since I would only be willing to read trading books, but that'd make me relapse into my trading addiction, I will have to discard reading for the moment. Until I get some ideas of what to read.

Ok, so I am left with stuff that happens on the computer, which is good because it's practical but bad for my eyes.

I think I am going to find out a way to connect my laptop to my widescreen tv, so I will save my eyes at least when watching movies. Yeah.

I wrote myself a note.

So, ok, that's it.

I will watch movies and write reviews right here. Deal. It's a deal. And it will get me off of my trading addiction.

No gambling allowed

So, as I said, from now on on this site there's going to be a lot of movie reviews and links and just a few good trades. No gambling allowed.

Attachments

• Gambling-Sign-716161.jpg
    Gambling-Sign-716161.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 755
  • No_gambling.png
    No_gambling.png
    666.8 KB · Views: 1,253
  • no-gambling.jpg
    no-gambling.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 5,100
  • taxigun.jpg
    taxigun.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 205
  • scarface-photo-scarface-6229381.jpg
    scarface-photo-scarface-6229381.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 247
  • the-shining-large.jpg
    the-shining-large.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
travis, I would not recommend watching movies or even watching tv while trading (except occassionally seeing what bloomberg and cnbc do report).

Instead I would recommend to have music on, I for example like oldies from the 70ies, and sometimes classic music.

My favorite station is Big R Radio 100.5 Classic Rock via SHOUTcast.com using VLC media player on Linux, and prior that on Win using WinAmp or what it was...

Yeah but you didn't read the last 50 posts... I meant to say other things. Certainly I wasn't talking about watching movies while trading. Please don't make me write everything all over again.

Travis, Go find yourself some outside interests will you ffs. Get a girlfriend or something, your going to end up in a nuthouse at this rate. Time away and doing different things different stimulus...from what I can see your going around in ever decreasing circles. You won't be happy until you have blown this account !

travis, I would not recommend watching movies or even watching tv while trading (except occassionally seeing what bloomberg and cnbc do report).

Instead I would recommend to have music on, I for example like oldies from the 70ies, and sometimes classic music.

My favorite station is Big R Radio 100.5 Classic Rock via SHOUTcast.com using VLC media player on Linux, and prior that on Win using WinAmp or what it was...

I like a good book- not a trading one, either, Very keen on all Harry Bosch novels. Keeps me occupied in between pressing a button.

It's been a hard day at the office, gal. :)

Doing a little better. Talked to my parents for a few hours.

Yeah, I've been spending too much time on the journal. Someone had to tell me so. I can't expect to vomit anything I feel like on this journal, and just receive compliments all the time.

Someone telling me: wrong wrong wrong... I gotta accept that as well.

I tend to exceed at everything I do. Sometimes I excel, but mostly I just exceed.

Will watch a movie now.

I may come to review it later.

No, your completely and deliberately missing the point:).
Think of my words as a wake up call to get other perhaps neglected areas of life back on track...When there is nothing positive going on outside of trading and everybody else is a retard and understands nothing, (the problem lies within)...then I respectfully suggest there is an imbalance going on here which in all likelihood will manifest itself in poor trading activities....all the things you have written about...frustration, anger, motivation, relationships. etc.

So you have a 8k account...can you tell me then what business you have losing 3k in a day on that size of account and back down to 5k....If the only thing you can think about is how to get the account above 5 k .....then guess where the account will always be ....yep 5k ...cos thats the only number going on in your thinking....5k 5k ...it's always gonna be at 5k....get that freekin number out of your head(y)

Yeah, Yeah... I get the point. But I can't discuss with you because you're global moderator, whether I'd agree or disagree. You have the power of banning me. I don't feel free to discuss with moderators. I can't speak my mind freely.

gawd, travis, it's not like you dont already KNOW what the problems are. You KNOW them. But you are fighting so hard not to have to truly look them in the face, like a kid sticking his fingers in his ears and going "la la la, I can't hear you", even to yourself.

You have posted all those words about gambling and addiction, and you say you have read them and recognise yourself, but you still won't take that last step, you are still saying: "I don't like what I'm hearing, so even tho I know it's true, I'm going to try and find an escape route...a way to go on trading and still deal with my gambling and my addiction and my psychological problems".

travis, there ISN'T one.

Please believe me, this message is so well-meant. But until you are truly in a place where you accept it, on a visceral level? Nothing will change...

All the best, mate, and I hope you have a peaceful holiday.
Tess
X

Yeah, Yeah... I get the point. But I can't discuss with you because you're global moderator, whether I'd agree or disagree. You have the power of banning me. I don't feel free to discuss with moderators. I can't speak my mind freely.

:LOL: Of course you can speak your mind freely, For example and in the nicest possible way...tell me to fek off mind my own business....there ...hows that...i said it for you.:)

It's christmas eve...you should be out on the town...they wont all be retarded...just most of them.

I will solve it all, trust me. Just a few months ago it wasn't even clear to me that I had any problem. Now it's totally clear that I have a trading addiction. Things get better. I solve problems. I know I get things done. I've gotten things done before. I am not a bum.

I may bother some of the readers, and I hope I don't get banned for posting all this personal stuff here.

But I will solve the problem soon. Why do I know that? Things have been evolving. Someone reading may not realize this, and may think I've always been at this stage, but I haven't.

Come on, I won't disrespect moderators to that extent. But I am careful, because sometimes, on some forums, moderators take part in discussions and then delete your thread or ban you (it happened to me on another forum), because you contradict them or you argue with them. In my opinion moderators - with the power they have - should not write any posts at all. Moderators posting and participating in discussions and then having extra powers... is intimidating.

Status
Not open for further replies.