Best Thread My Journal at a Prop house

Cable hovering for a bit but now making its push down. Not hit first target yet but is about 6 ticks away, get down there!!!!!

Woop 2/3rds of the trade cashed so now we are breakeven what ever happens.(y) hopefully we can run this for a few more (or a lot more) pips :D

Stopped managed to 1.4415

Yea mate. The swing high worked perfectly for the stops there. lobbed it out at 65. Found the perfect limit a bit late

Attachments

• GBPUSD.png
    GBPUSD.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Higher high made on the 3Min so bringing my stop down to 1.4380. worse case the Trade is now +25 on 2/3rds of the position and +10 on the last 3rd (y)

cable stopped out so didn't get and huge run on it but still no complaints this end. +35 to 1 Lot and the setup is still valid so now looking for a rentry. :)

cable touched that trendline again, watching for new entry (btw previous trade had profit taken @ 143650 - fib level, should have kept the TP @ 14350 as it just touched down there.... rest stopped out @ 14395 for 10 pips on one unit and 55 on the other - happy with that)

cable touched that trendline again, watching for new entry (btw previous trade had profit taken @ 143650 - fib level, should have kept the TP @ 14350 as it just touched down there.... rest stopped out @ 14395 for 10 pips on one unit and 55 on the other - happy with that)

short again at 14405, first target at 14368, s/l @ 14430 -

short again at 14405, first target at 14368, s/l @ 14430 -

price seems to have found a floor @ 14387 ish - some higher lows should have seen me scratch this but hung in..... now slightly against, may move stoploss down/close out if higher high is made @ around 14414 - still in wait and see mode currently, outlook for the next two days should be interesting as it seems a real wedge is forming -

price seems to have found a floor @ 14387 ish - some higher lows should have seen me scratch this but hung in..... now slightly against, may move stoploss down/close out if higher high is made @ around 14414 - still in wait and see mode currently, outlook for the next two days should be interesting as it seems a real wedge is forming -

Saw this earlier. Looks like it's going up.

Attachments

• GBPUSDwedge.png
    GBPUSDwedge.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 194
morning couple of interesting charts this morning is it deja vue

aud/usd same as aud/jpy from the other day nice reversal at a big trendline also usd/jpy doing similar things

992.gif

993.gif

on the aud/usd lower time frame price is making lower lows and lower high

if price brakes down then 8325 is the area of interest

993.gif

well that trade has completly done a u turn which could send it to been a long trade now but i wont be taking any longs at the moment just my preference only looking for shorts

Last edited:
Hi pozzyp

I have just started working my way through your journal, very interesting. Do you have a method of obtaining a price target for your trades? If not do you mind if I post a couple of charts illustrating a method that works for me

Thanks
Nut

Hi pozzyp

I have just started working my way through your journal, very interesting. Do you have a method of obtaining a price target for your trades? If not do you mind if I post a couple of charts illustrating a method that works for me

Thanks
Nut

Hi Nut,

Thanks for the msg glad you are enjoying the journal.

I trade from a fair few different methods so some strategies have fixed price targets others I will use a trailing stop and try to run the trade for as long as possible. It all depends really I use different trade management on different setups.

At the moment where im working we are trading fairly mechanical rule based systems with the idea being it keeps the equity curve a lot smoother as there’s fixed risk/reward in place as well as fixed money management which helps protect against doing your nuts.

For the private accounts (personal as well) and they are the trades I usually post on here, Im not tied by a boss or risk manager so a lot of the time they are more discretionary.

For sure post some charts would be good to see just try not to swamp the place (y)

Thanks

Pozzy

Morning Guys,

Euro once again getting smashed down to the depths of doom. Looking at EU 4hr/daily I have marked off where we found support last time round these levels so will be looking to see how price reacts around this level.

Pozzy

Attachments

• eu3.bmp
    1.9 MB · Views: 209
Morning Guys,

Euro once again getting smashed down to the depths of doom. Looking at EU 4hr/daily I have marked off where we found support last time round these levels so will be looking to see how price reacts around this level.

Pozzy

Mate it looks like it could go either way. Theres a good top trendline too.(Wedge) I think theres some intervention around there, but if it breaks that bottom line, surely 1.18 is on the cards next.

Mate it looks like it could go either way. Theres a good top trendline too.(Wedge) I think theres some intervention around there, but if it breaks that bottom line, surely 1.18 is on the cards next.

Yeah mate, Its a serious level. The only thing is if it holds do you have the confidence to buy it? Doesn’t seem like the best of ideas to be long Euros. But gotta trade the plan I guess:confused:

Going to look to trade it in the same way as always breakout pull back strat.

Its worth bearing in mind we have seen a massive sell off here so I feel like im coming into the move a little late. Would like to see a retracement first before shorting this but im going to short the pull back none the less. Ill try and post the trade as I take it.

Attachments

• EU2.bmp
    1.6 MB · Views: 225