Best Thread My Journal at a Prop house

Morning from Dallas guys as i am here till tomorrow with work so behind the london time -6, how has it been today the week so far guys?

just lookin at eur/usd at an interesting support level

eur1.gif

brakeout of the lower support line with a pull back and then an entry past the low
not sure ifs to late in the day for it?

cheers

pat

so we got the brakeout and pullback and away we go with a huge brakedown

eur1.gif

fingers crossed

well that did nt take long targets hit :)

Last edited:
morning guys hope everyone had a great weekend its was a hot one in london,

anyway not sure if anyone trades this pair aud/jpy but an interesting pattern has developed and i have heard the aud is to fall off a cliff big time :)

anyway let me know what you think
cheers

pat

eur2.gif

anyway not sure if anyone trades this pair aud/jpy but an interesting pattern has developed and i have heard the aud is to fall off a cliff big time :)

cheers

pat

View attachment 83476

Perfect wedge mate. Not alot of gaps many trendline touches. It looks like it's going to happen today. It seems to break when the trend lines are about 1/3 the distance apart that they begun at, so if the range was 600 pips at the start i would expect it to break the trend lines around 200 pips. if you look at Jahdave's thread eurusd elliot wave i think this will conincide with our negative risk outlook. I think AUDJPY's attempt at retracing back to the top trend line might not have much luck this time. 5min and 1min chart showing wedges and it's likely to break to the upside. So I think it's time to be patient. Swing lows are still going up so i would wait for a break of trend before shorting. Got a good entry at 75.05 i think.

Attachments

• AUDJPY.bmp
    2.1 MB · Views: 136
  • AUDJPYentry.bmp
    2.2 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:

cheers

pat

View attachment 83476

Why not simply trade the AUD/USD, pretty much simbiotic with AUD/JPY but a much lower spread...

same pattern as you say black swan on the aud/usd and you are right the spread is tighter

brettus what is your time frame on your chart? also mate you never sent me those details, let us know if its still available thanks

eur2.gif

Are you short 7505 on aud/jpy brettus? are you just shorting the the trendline?
my top trendline is sitting around the 7550 area

Hi Guys,

Nice setup on Cable.

Downward trend line leading it and sideways range and the levels meeting pretty much bang on.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GU.jpg
    GU.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 672
Are you short 7505 on aud/jpy brettus? are you just shorting the the trendline?
my top trendline is sitting around the 7550 area

I was, but it dropped down to the 74.60 area, so i binned it for 30 tickets profit. Waiting for the proper set up. On a 30min chart swing points were at the 75.30-40. Overall it was a bad trade. Do you see the GBP set up for a long position. thats interesting with AUDUSD set up for short. I think long GBPAUD could be the trade.

did you manage to get short cable at this stage pozzyp?

evrything started firing late tonight, this is the chart of the flagged up aud/jpy

eur2.gif

Trading Idea. Long GBPUSD. Target 1.4700. Stop 1.4150

Attachments

• GBPUSDtrendup.jpg
    GBPUSDtrendup.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 169
Hi guys,

Cable last night touching bang on this upper trend line and still in its range. We are pushing up to it again so should be an opportunity to buy the break up to the top sideways range resistance or short down to the base if the level holds. As always will be waiting for lower time frame price action at the level of interest to gage the entry.

attachment.php

pozzy

Attachments

• GU.jpg
    GU.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 762
This level on Cable is looking like its going to hold as price makes a lower low on my 3min chart. Setting up for the short just waiting for it to confirm.

Cable still fighting with this level, the short is still pending but if it pushes above 1.4434then will void the short and start looking for a long.

Cable still fighting with this level, the short is still pending but if it pushes above 1.4434then will void the short and start looking for a long.

Out of interest, why 14390 as the entry point? waiting to clear the noise around the big figure? I'm in at 14405, sl @ 14437 but may move to follow trendline down if still in trade, first target around 14350

Out of interest, why 14390 as the entry point? waiting to clear the noise around the big figure? I'm in at 14405, sl @ 14437 but may move to follow trendline down if still in trade, first target around 14350

Hello mate,
Yeah def can get a bit of noise at the round number but looking at the 3 min can see price was making higher highs and higher lows so it was clearly going up. It then reacted off the resistance line and made a lower low, so was expecting it to pull back and make a lower high somewhere. Then to continue to move down so my entry is below the lower low. If it pulls back much higher then it will break the high and the res level so short will void. At the moment it is just drifting sideways. It makes more sense on the chart than me trying to type it lol.

attachment.php

pozzy

Attachments

• GU.jpg
    GU.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 820