my journal 3

excellent interview, from both sides

usually this German comedian-journalist jokes around incessantly, but with his idol Sacha Baron Cohen he had to tone it down

Here's what he did with Nicolas Cage:

Not too funny. I can't believe he still gets a chance to interview all these superstars.

On the other hand, there are plenty of famous comedians who are not funny, and famous actors who can't act... and famous singers who can't sing...

These actors are taking it pretty well. Others would take offense at someone interviewing them dressed up as a clown. Although there's a dilemma... If you take him seriously, you respect him, but you get offended. If you don't take him seriously, you don't get offended, but you're considering him an idiot, and then you're disrespecting him. So maybe it would be more respectful to him to get offended, instead of taking him for an idiot.

In this sense, Tim Burton's reaction, when he tells him to go see a doctor, is maybe the most unpleasant but also the most respectful one:

It's like saying: I refuse to allow you to keep making a fool out of yourself. I am not going to pretend your behavior is OK. I am not going to treat you as if you were mad.

I think he is affected by extreme egocentrism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egocentrism
Egocentrism was derived from Jean Piaget's 1951 theory of cognitive development. Egocentrism refers to an inability to differentiate between self and other.[1]

An individual who is egocentric would meet the necessary and sufficient criteria of:

1) The individual is always under the assumption that all actions and events revolve around their existence.
2) The individual fails to acknowledge any perspectives other than their own.
An individual who meets only criteria 1 is identified as an narcissist. Although egocentrism and narcissism appear similar, they are not the same. A person who is egocentric believes they are the center of attention, like a narcissist, but does not receive gratification by one's own admiration. A narcissist is a person whose ego is greatly influenced by the approval of others while an egotist does not care for opinions of others. An individual who meets only criteria 2 is labeled as absolutistic. Similarly, egocentrism and absolutism appear to be the same but are not. An egotist is similar to an absolutist, in that both believe their opinion to be the greatest. They differ in the sense that an egotist's opinion must always allow everything to center around themselves, while an absolutist can form an opinion that does not center themselves, yet believes their idea and opinion is non contest.[2] Egocentricism most commonly appears in early stages of childhood. As a child grows older the manifestation of the egocentric traits either become more subtle or carry on to adulthood. The manifestation of egocentrism in adulthood can be similar or exact to that of childhood but less overlooked because of social constructs, dogmas, and norms.[3]
I used to be in that state when I was about 17. But even for writing a journal here I still share some of those traits.

The interviewer, instead of just asking questions to the stars, forces the stars to make the interview about him instead of them, just like wikipedia said, he fails to 1) realize that it's not his time to be the star and 2) realize he's not being funny/appreciated:
"1) The individual is always under the assumption that all actions and events revolve around their existence.
2) The individual fails to acknowledge any perspectives other than their own."

I totally identify with him, because I used to be that way, being an only child and everything. You get used to so much attention, that you feel entitled to more than your share, and this in turn causes you many unpleasant situations, when you go look for that attention that others don't feel you are entitled to. You're going to try to get it at all costs, at the cost of degrading yourself.

Last edited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoah_(film)
Shoah is a 1985 French documentary film directed by Claude Lanzmann about the Holocaust. The film primarily consists of his interviews and visits to Holocaust sites across Poland, including three extermination camps. It presents testimonies by selected survivors, witnesses, and German perpetrators, often secretly recorded using hidden cameras. Critic Roger Ebert described it as "one of the noblest films ever made".[1]

As Claude Lanzmann does not speak Polish, Hebrew or Yiddish, he depended on translators to work with most of his interviewees. This process enlarged the scale of the documentary, which is nine hours and twenty-three minutes long.[2] While winning notable awards, the film also aroused controversy and criticism, particularly in Poland, but also in the US. A number of historians criticized it for failing to show and discuss the many Poles who rescued Jews, or to recognize the millions of Poles who were killed by the Germans in an extermination campaign.

In the end, despite or because of his childish exhibitionism, rizzo ends up bringing up the best in most people, and we get to find out how these actors really are, by how they react to this test of their patience. In this sense these clips are more useful than the regular interviews. Although, unintentionally, he does disrespect these superstars in the process. And the only interesting thing is how these superstars react. The content related to the movies themselves and acting is completely irrelevant.

now, let's compare the interview above with the interview given to another German interviewer for the same movie:

now let us see Kevin James interview with another German interviewer:

the last 2 minutes with justin timberlake are particularly embarrassing

with german actors:

---

wow, very recent show (10 days ago), where he is actually serious and without a costume, with Liam Neeson:

what an honor

---

Ok, in clown mode again, but this one is quite interesting, due to the intelligence of the actors and directors:

this is good, too - because of how they react:

oh, with gary oldman:

Last edited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Film_Unfinished
A Film Unfinished (Hebrew title: שתיקת הארכיון Shtikat haArkhion, German title: Geheimsache Ghettofilm) is a 2010 documentary film by Yael Hersonski, which re-examines the making of an unfinished 1942 German propaganda film (titled Das Ghetto, "The Ghetto") depicting the Warsaw Ghetto two months before the mass extermination of its inhabitants in the German operation known as the Grossaktion Warsaw. The documentary features interviews with surviving ghetto residents and a re-enactment of testimony from Willy Wist, one of the camera operators who filmed scenes for Das Ghetto. It premiered at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival, where it won the "World Cinema Documentary Editing Award", the film was released theatrically in the US on 18 August 2010.[1]

The film's distributor, Oscilloscope, appealed to the MPAA over the film's R-Rating, but were unsuccessful in reclassifying the film.[2][3][4] Oscilloscope says the R-rating is inconsistent with cultural norms because the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, which is visited by school children, has more graphic footage.[5]

This is so good about such a bad reality that it is disturbing (I could only watch 5 minutes of it, but I rate it a 9 out of 10):
http://www.moviepilot.de/movies/asphaltkinder-in-bukarest

It makes you understand violent people. It makes you understand poverty. Emigration. Drug addiction. That's why I am for opening up all frontiers.

This is not a movie. It is a documentary. I believe documentaries are superior to movies. In fact, maybe I should stop watching movies altogether put together.

Just 10 minutes of this documentary are more powerful than my top ten movies put together.

Last edited:
After hearing all this German music, old and new, I would say the best of the new music (from the last 30 years) I've heard so far is Jasmin Stocker alias Mine:

Alles geht voran
Und alles fängt von vorne an
Das Glück ist heiß, es brennt
Das Glück ist scheu, es rennt
Und ich lauf hinterher

Nimm die Beine in die Hand
Alles was passiert, fängt grade an
Das Glück ist nah, es liegt an mir
Ich sollte mitgeh'n aber ich bleib' hier
Und schau ihm hinterher

Alle steh'n zusamm' und jeder geht für sich
die vielen Möglichkeiten fordern mich
Das Glück ist heiß, es brennt
Das Glück ist schnell, es rennt
Und ich komm nicht hinterher

This is the best one, she's a genius:

Frag mich nicht wo mir der Kopf steht,
er taumelt,
frag mich nicht worum es sich dreht,
ich staune, über,

R:
und ich warte,
ziehst du mit, ziehst du mit mit mir,
und ich warte,
ich seh dich immer noch so weit weg von mir,
ich frag mich immer noch,
worum geht es dir dabei,
ich frag mich immer noch, worum geht es dir dabei.

Lässt du mich dich halten, wenn du fällst, fällst,
du fällst auf, hör auf ich hör nicht mehr auf dich,
ich tausche stolz ein gegen das was mir fehlt und du,
du hältst mich auf,

R:
und ich warte,
und ich warte,

hör auf ich hör nicht mehr auf dich...

See how she sings, feel the pleasant contrast between her melody and the rap, the perfect timing of every note and word. This is class. That is why she only has 8.521 views, whereas this guy has 10 million views:

Because there is more stupid people (at least in Italy) than intelligent ones. Bad music, bad singing, bad video... 10 million views. That is why I have a general rule to stay away from people.

I think she's amazing, and she's not even famous. Not even a wikipedia entry. So unfair.

http://minemusik.de/

holy cow, she's got a following of intelligent people, but that's not enough to make her views go above 10,000:

Quite interesting, I never realized how far stupidity could go. The nimrod above gets above 10 millions, she gets belows 10,000.

wow, i found an even better version of "Ziehst du mit":

It's a pleasure to watch these musicians create this performance. So simple... yet so pleasant. It must be a very well-made video. You don't achieve these results randomly or at your first try. These people are all perfectionists. I got it from here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/LaMosiqa/search?query=mine

They've also got other videos of her and of other musicians. Great resource.

check these guys out:

And these? Beautiful.

87 views. It could be Sixpence None The Richer:

Hmm, they only got 13 million views, close to that kid who wants to eat Nutella. Pretty sad, too. But these other guys, Natas Loves You, only 87 views. How sad is that? They're as good as superstars.

Well, at least they have a wikipedia entry:
http://lb.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natas_Loves_You

662 views:

beautiful

wow, unpleasant song but she's clearly very talented. This one below is even better, but she could use an orchestra. It could be a very pleasant song, with a different arrangement and an orchestra. I can recognize a beautiful melody, which is hidden by the rough performance. 437 views:

These Germans really kick ass.

Last edited:
Origins: Rap Battle - WW1 Uncut - BBC

hm, not that good, but still interesting

... the reason I looked it up is that they mentioned it on this German radio show on Bayern 2, Tagesgespräch:
http://www.br.de/radio/bayern2/gesellschaft/tagesgespraech/index.html
http://www.br-online.de/podcast/mp3-download/bayern2/mp3-download-podcast-tagesgespraech.shtml

Podcast downloadable here:
http://cdn-storage.br.de/iLCpbHJGNL...8P/140801_1200_Tagesgespraech_1-Weltkrieg.mp3

A larger part of the show was on this even more interesting documentary, "14 – Tagebücher des Ersten Weltkriegs":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14_-_Diaries_of_the_Great_War
14 - Diaries of the Great War (titled Great War Diaries when aired on the BBC) is a 2014 international documentary drama series about World War I. It uses a mix of fictionalized scenes, archive footage, and animation. All episodes were directed by Jan Peter, series authors were Jan Peter and Yury Winterberg.[1] In a dramatic advisory capacity, Dutch producer and screenwriter Maarten van der Duin and BBC-author Andrew Bampfield worked on the film's development. The series is based on an idea by Gunnar Dedio, producer at the film company LOOKS Leipzig and Ulrike Dotzer, the Head of Department ARTE at Norddeutscher Rundfunk.

They can be watched here, although I only found the first of eight shows, at the official ORF.at website, the Austrian public television (which co-financed the film):
http://tvthek.orf.at/program/Archiv/7648449/Der-Aufbruch-Teil-1/7933393

However, I kept searching and found all of them here:
https://www.alluc.to/l/14-Tagebuecher-des-Ersten-Weltkriegs-mp4/ooy8k8w

If you're going to watch it, you need at least 8 hours, and be prepared to interrupt it and do a lot of related wikipedia searches, at least if you are curious. I'm going to go for it, starting now.

This is necessary anyway, whether I like it or not, because to understand world war 2 and nazism, I first have to understand world war 1. And this documentary tells you precisely what these people were thinking. The dialogues are based on the diaries written by people back then. Famous journals such as that by the French Louis Barthas, the British Charles Edward Montague and the Cossack Marina Yurlova.

wait, dude, i found the first 4 episodes at the ORF tv thek:
http://tvthek.orf.at/search?q=14+–+Tagebücher+des+Ersten+Weltkriegs

For the last four episodes, you'll have to use the unofficial links.

Links to the streaming video of this documentary in English are here:
https://www.alluc.to/stream/14+-+diaries+of+the+great+war+host:vodlocker.com+lang:en

Last edited:
very interesting interview with "Casper", German-American rapper (only partly about rapping):

I don't like his music, but I find him very wise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casper_(rapper)
Benjamin Griffey (born 25 September 1982), better known by his stage name Casper, is a German rapper signed to the German music label Four Music.

Biography[edit]
Casper was born in Extertal in North Rhine-Westphalia to a German mother and an American father, Arlen Griffey, who was a soldier stationed in Extertal. His family moved to Augusta, Georgia, in the United States, when he was two weeks old, where he lived in a trailerpark. At the age of 11, he moved back to Germany with his mother and younger sister. Despite his mother being German, he had not been raised bilingually and therefore struggled at school initially.

Last edited:
Wow, Mine, what can I say? I can't get her out of my mind. She's such a genius:

I guess this is a case of bad marketing, and her unwillingness to compromise: she probably refuses to change her song or let someone else sing it. She should be at the top of all charts for this song, instead of having 15k views. What the hell is wrong with the world?

Gee, if the song were in English and the singer were some stupid famous chick, blond with blue eyes, and no glasses, this song would be famous, and number 1 right now.

Here's yet another song by her:

so simple and yet so perfect

Just one regret about the lyrics: instead of talking about love, and the usual related crap, it would be better if it talked about humans, how stupid and conformist they are, how much damage they do because of their stupidity. Talking about love is a waste of time. It is a stupid feeling and there's enough songs about it.

Last edited:
After hearing all this German music, old and new, I would say the best of the new music (from the last 30 years) I've heard so far is Jasmin Stocker alias Mine:

This is the best one, she's a genius:

See how she sings, feel the pleasant contrast between her melody and the rap, the perfect timing of every note and word. This is class. That is why she only has 8.521 views, whereas this guy has 10 million views:

Because there is more stupid people (at least in Italy) than intelligent ones. Bad music, bad singing, bad video... 10 million views. That is why I have a general rule to stay away from people.

I think she's amazing, and she's not even famous. Not even a wikipedia entry. So unfair.

http://minemusik.de/

holy cow, she's got a following of intelligent people, but that's not enough to make her views go above 10,000:

Quite interesting, I never realized how far stupidity could go. The nimrod above gets above 10 millions, she gets belows 10,000.

wow, i found an even better version of "Ziehst du mit":

It's a pleasure to watch these musicians create this performance. So simple... yet so pleasant. It must be a very well-made video. You don't achieve these results randomly or at your first try. These people are all perfectionists. I got it from here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/LaMosiqa/search?query=mine

They've also got other videos of her and of other musicians. Great resource.

check these guys out:

And these? Beautiful.

87 views. It could be Sixpence None The Richer:

Hmm, they only got 13 million views, close to that kid who wants to eat Nutella. Pretty sad, too. But these other guys, Natas Loves You, only 87 views. How sad is that? They're as good as superstars.

Well, at least they have a wikipedia entry:
http://lb.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natas_Loves_You

662 views:

beautiful

wow, unpleasant song but she's clearly very talented. This one below is even better, but she could use an orchestra. It could be a very pleasant song, with a different arrangement and an orchestra. I can recognize a beautiful melody, which is hidden by the rough performance. 437 views:

These Germans really kick ass.

Ok, I finally got down to it and translated the first of these songs by Mine, "Ziehst du Mit":
Frag mich nicht wo mir der Kopf steht, Do not ask me where my head is,
er taumelt, it staggers
frag mich nicht worum es sich dreht, Do not ask me about what it turns
ich staune, über, I am astonished, about it

und ich warte, and I wait
ziehst du mit, ziehst du mit mit mir, go with me
und ich warte, and I wait
ziehst du mit, ziehst du mit mit mir, go with me
ich seh dich immer noch so weit weg von mir, I see you still so far away from me
ich frag mich immer noch, worum geht es dir dabei, I wonder still, what are you doing,

Lässt du mich dich halten, wenn du fällst, fällst, Let me hold you if you fall
du fällst auf, hör auf, ich hör nicht mehr auf dich, you fall, stop, I won’t listen to you any more
ich tausche stolz ein gegen das was mir fehlt und du, I’ll proudly trade one for what I need, and you
du hältst mich auf, you stop me

hör auf, ich hör nicht mehr auf dich..., stop it, I won’t listen to you any more

Pretty ****ing dumb. I told you she should have written a song about people, society, all the bad things that we do and have done. People's stupidity, people hurting themselves and animals... so much to write about, and instead what does she do? She wastes her great music to say such stupid repetitive "love" / "relationship" concepts.

I might still translate another one, Hinterher. Although I don't like the beginning, as it's too loud, and it reminds me of those stupid South American native songs (not that the natives are stupid, but the songs I am referring to are quite stupid and repetitive, and loud, just like the beginning of Hinterher).

---

Done with Hinterher, too:

Alles geht voran, Everything moves forward
Und alles fängt von vorne an, and everything begins from the front (not clear, TN)
Das Glück ist heiß, es brennt, Happiness is hot, it burns
Das Glück ist scheu, es rennt, Happiness is shy, it runs
Und ich lauf hinterher, And I run after it

Nimm die Beine in die Hand, Start running
Alles was passiert, fängt gerade an, Everything that happens has just started
Das Glück ist nah, es liegt an mir, Happiness is close, it’s up to me
Ich sollte mitgehen aber ich bleibe hier, I should go along, but I stay here
Und schau ihm hinterher, and look at it afterwards (not clear, TN)

Alle stehen zusammen und jeder geht für sich, All stand together and everyone goes for himself
die vielen Möglichkeiten fordern mich, the many possibilities challenge me (not clear, TN)
Das Glück ist heiß, es brennt, Happiness is hot, it burns
Das Glück ist schnell, es rennt, Happiness is fast, it runs
Und ich komm nicht hinterher, And I can’t keep up with it (not clear, TN)

Last edited:
Max Raabe & Palast Orchester

http://www.nthuleen.com/teach/lyrics/keinschwein.html
Kein Schwein ruft mich an.
Keine Sau interessiert sich für mich...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Raabe
Raabe developed an interest in the sound of German dance and film music of the 1920s and 1930s, such as the songs of the Comedian Harmonists, from seeing old films on television and from his parents' record collection.[2] He formally studied music at the Berlin University of the Arts, intending originally to become a baritone opera singer. He and eleven other students formed the Palast Orchester in 1985. The ensemble initially used music arrangements that Raabe found whilst shopping at various flea markets.[3] The orchestra worked for one year to learn these arrangements without any public engagements or performances.[4] The orchestra first performed publicly at the 1987 Berlin Theaterball, in the lobby as a secondary act, but with such success that the audience left the ballroom to hear the orchestra's performance in the lobby.[5] Raabe and the Palast Orchester had a hit with his 1992 original, Schlager-styled song "Kein Schwein ruft mich an" (literal translation "No pig ever calls me", meaning "No-one ever calls me"), a pop song in 1920s style.

Last edited:
Falco

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falco_(musician)
Johann (Hans) Hölzel (19 February 1957 – 6 February 1998), better known by his stage name Falco, was an Austrian pop and rock musician and rapper.[1]

Falco had several international hits, "Rock Me Amadeus",[1] "Der Kommissar", "Vienna Calling",[1] "Jeanny", "The Sound of Musik", "Coming Home (Jeanny Part II, One Year Later)" and posthumously, "Out of the Dark". "Rock Me Amadeus" reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts, making him the only artist whose principal language was German to score a vocal number-one hit in the United States (Bert Kaempfert reached No. 1 in January 1961 with the instrumental "Wonderland by Night"). His estate claims he has sold 20 million albums and 15 million singles, which makes him the best selling Austrian singer of all time.

England was founded by a bunch of German immigrants

after these posts...
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/140032-my-journal-3-post2389454.html
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/140032-my-journal-3-post2400676.html

...one more piece to the puzzle:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stem_duchy#mediaviewer/File:Central_Europe_5th_Century.jpg

an enlightening map of the Germanic tribes in the late 5th century:

1024px-Central_Europe_5th_Century.jpg

Look at the arrows I drew (regarding the migration of the Angli and Saxoni), and look at all the names of the peoples from which today's countries have taken their names: "Britons", "Alamanni" ("Allemagne", Germany in French), "Langobardi" ("Lombardy", an Italian region), "Franci", "Dani", "Suioni"...

I suppose we cannot say that Sardinia was completely inhabited by the Vandals in the 5th century, so this map only indicates where the Germanic tribes had gone in the 5th century in Europe and, presumably, where they were also in power. It doesn't mean that in Sardinia they were all Vandals, and in England they were all Angli or Saxoni. But what it probably means is that they were the ruling class. Provided that the map is correct to begin with.

This is interesting, because now that it's clear that these "Anglo-Saxon" German tribes were ruling in England, and gave it their own language, the term "anglo-saxon" appears to be erroneously used nowadays to indicate the English-speaking world, and this wikipedia entry proves both of my points:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_(disambiguation)
Anglo-Saxon may refer to:

Anglo-Saxons, Germanic tribes that settled down in Britain and founded England
Old English, their language
Anglo-Saxon England, their history
Anglo-Saxon world, modern societies based on or influenced by English customs
As the so-called (mistakenly) "Anglo-Saxon world" today has expanded to and influenced Germany, that is, as it went back to where the name comes from, they use terms such as "Anglicism", which in German is "Anglizismus":
http://www.dict.cc/?s=anglicism
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/anglicism
...an English word, idiom, etc., occurring in or borrowed by another language.
So we have the paradox of a people calling a foreign language the same language that not only derives from their ancestors but that also bears their name.

But then, you know, what is this all about? This brings us again to the topic of death. Indeed, between the Angli and the Saxoni and today there are 1500 years and many generations, and what do the people who left Germany in the year 500 have in common with the people who are in Germany today? If it were the same person, you would be welcoming your relatives, and there would have been no world wars either. But, due to the span of human life, this is not the case. People descending from those who went to Britain 1500 years ago are not the same as the descendants of their relatives who stayed in Germany.

That's how it was possible for them to kill each other in both world wars.

Last edited:
top historical research:

The Vatican's Role in the Promulgation of Italy's 1938 Racial Laws