my journal 3

Ouch!

I failed.

My emotional control totally failed.

She came to me, correcting me about something, and saying "you only do this, so do it right", or something close to it. More polite, longer, but that was her point. Deliberately insulting me.

And I said "what? I only do this...?".

She said "and other things..."

I said "... and a long list of other things...".

But it was too late. I was feeling deeply insulted. I pondered for a few minutes. Is this how I get rewarded for all my work, working much harder and much better than everyone else? By seeing my work belittled?

So first I went for a "coffee break", which I never do, unlike all the other colleagues. I bought a slice of pizza.

After half an hour I came back, and my colleague asked me if everything was OK. I said "yeah, but I feel like going for another break".

Then I went for another break. And bought some water. And brushed my teeth.

Then I came back from the second break, and after 5 minutes, I got up and came home.

Ah ah, that was excellent.

Yeah, I guess it was totally emotional, and totally against my rules, but maybe it will nonetheless work.

Needless to say: I demand respect.

I don't get promoted, I don't get bonuses, but I did get nice words and was praised, always. Not only that, but recently the boss caused me a nervous breakdown with her excessive and foolish requests. Which, allegedly for her were easy, but I was the only one who could do them, and no one else ever attempted to do them. This is a constant event: the boss pretending that what I do easy, but then no one else can do it.

If, in a situation like this, you also take the praising away from me, and on top of not rewarding me financially, you now begin to treat me like an idiot and begin to pretend that I don't work, then it is just too much for me to take.

There is no way I am going to accept something like this. This is just too unfair. I know I am right and I know I can win this one. I am just too right to lose on this one.

I am not dealing with the BUND but with people, so yeah, this confidence is what screwed me with the BUND, but it won't happen with people. Because you can affect people with your behavior and attitude, whereas you cannot affect the BUND, and you can appeal to their sense of justice, whereas the BUND has no sense of justice.

Nonetheless this was a major test that I failed. I failed first of all by feeling those emotions. Then I failed to control them. Then I failed, at the last ESESA phase, to stop all further actions, and instead took action based on my vengeful emotions (although I didn't kill her, so even in my emotional action there was some reasoning). I didn't even think of the relaxation techniques. I immediately got to work with avenging the injustice suffered.

This is exactly what screwed me with the BUND. It doesn't matter if my behavior will work or not (in getting me respect). I took it personally and stopped reasoning.

I am thinking that maybe in my head there is a baggage of just too many injustices, that I put up with during my entire life, for me to be able to bear even just one more. Maybe that is why I am so temperamental and emotional.

I wish I had reasoned about it, but my action was entirely dictated by emotions. I am still in the grip of emotions right now, as I write.

Even now I am thinking of a way, a gigantic way, to get back at her. What could I do?

Be sick all next week? Take a week off?

Start yelling at her in front of everyone?

An important factor in this situation is that my buddy the taxi driver who picks me up, comes every morning at 7.30 am, so it is not practical to cancel it, by texting him or calling him an hour earlier.

At the same time, if my boss keeps insulting me, it will be hard to not react emotionally. I am still not advanced, not that advanced in my ESESA methodology.

This test is as big as the BUND. As serious as the BUND going above 150 and proving me wrong all those times I had called a top (starting at 144).

We'll see.

No matter what happens, I will not quit my job, and I will not kill myself. They will have to fire me and kill me. I will keep playing my game as long as I can.

Another thing that I am sure about is that if she keeps acting this offensively to me, I won't even say "hi" to her from now on. Once I am certain that she means to offend me, I will no longer say "hi" and "bye".

I am very close to it. By doing what I did today, I have told her that I have been offended. It's pretty clear.

If she threatens to report me for leaving work without providing justifications, then I will know that she is in bad faith. If she acts nicely, then I will know she is just a stupid bitch, so stupid as to not realize that she offends me when she talks that way and belittles the amount of work I do.

It's either of these two: extremely stupid or extremely mean.

Usually they turn out to be extremely stupid and I turn out to have been extremely touchy.

Whichever one she turns out to be, I will change, because, whereas she spent 2 years complimenting every day for how much and how well I worked, now it is unequivocal that she is not doing it anymore.

So, whether she's doing it on purpose, to spite me, or whether she really thinks, mistakenly, that I am not working that much, she is a bitch to me, and I will treat her coldly and not appreciate her any longer. I don't appreciate anyone who doesn't appreciate me. From now on, I will be expecting her to act like a bitch. The only question is if she's a stupid bitch or an evil bitch. She doesn't see my work, and then she's stupid. Or she pretends she doesn't see it, and then she's mean.

---

Hours later, I am thinking this. I am getting myself into a huge mess for what? For one sentence? The boss... ah ah?!

Ridiculous. I built a castle of revenge on one grain of uncomfortable sand in my shoe. Oh, wow. I am so behind in learning rationality and lack of emotions. This is amazing. She said what she said, but so what? I have to see what's in it for me, from one line of action and from the other. This is bull****. I took things too personally. ****ing idiot I've been. She's a bitch, and I'll be aware of it from now on, of how she can bite and offend people, but this doesn't mean I should be hurt. She means to offend me and disrespect me, but it's up to me what my reaction will be. As I said, I may decide to kill her, but not out of emotionally polluted reasoning. And today's reasoning was totally polluted.

Now that the temperature of my mind is decreasing, I am seeing things more clearly and this that my boss is giving me is a good, an excellent opportunity to practice emotional control.

I thought I was faced with "just" 1) someone treating me like an idiot. For that ATM incident (she asked me for crazy calculations from two different databases, with different timeframes and fields, and, coupled with other problems, caused me a nervous breakdown, from which I still haven't recovered)

Until 3 days ago, I thought I was only faced with that one problem (that we both considered each other an idiot) when, 3 days ago, it turned out that I was also faced with 2) someone who thought I could work more and who wanted to overload me with work, when the others are joking around all day long.

Today I found out I am dealing with someone who thinks that I am not working that much, or pretends to think that.

I now have three great opportunities to keep my self-control in the face of adversity, instead of saying "the hell with everything", get up and go home.

Today I walked home, two hours early. I hope I will be able to refrain from doing the same thing next Monday. I don't see much more that she can do to make me lose my temper. Now I am prepared for these things.

She spent 2 years telling me how great I was, like a couple of other bitches at the same office, and now, like one other bitch, she is taking it all back.

No big deal, i guess. I guess I was spoiled.

Let's get back to work, on my emotional control. This is a great opportunity.

What I did today felt great, and it was unprofitable.

It felt great just like I felt great by doubling up on the BUND. Until I brought my account from 47k to 2k. I felt great all the way to 20k. I felt I was going to make it all back, plus more. Then, once I was below 20k, I kept doing it, but it didn't feel that good anymore. Getting back at the BUND.

At the office, you can't really see your capital increase or decrease that clearly. Maybe I've been causing my office capital to blow out repeatedly, without even knowing it.

On the other hand, with trading there's some element of chance, whereas in life, it's... maybe in life there is just as much chance. Or rather, humans are more predictable, but... I'll leave it as an open question, whether a human, even just one human, is more predictable than the a given stock/future/index.

Last edited:
Jasmin Stocker alias Mine

She doesn't even have a wikipedia entry. Amazing.

They're all good.

Still no wikipedia entry.

wow

Last edited:
dunno if i am in the mood, but I need to study this song by Peter Igelhoff, and, although I like better the version by the Comedian Harmonists, I have to post his, because theirs isn't on youtube. But you can hear it here:
https://archive.org/download/ComedianHarmonists-41-50/ComedianHarmonists-IchFreuMichSo1937.mp3

the full page is here:
https://archive.org/details/ComedianHarmonists-41-50

Peter Igelhoff is here:

But there's also a version by Fritz Weber:

Let's double-check the lyrics from the usual source:
http://www.lyricsmania.com/ich_freu_mich_so_lyrics_comedian_harmonists.html

Ich freue mich so, ich freue mich so,
ich bin so glücklich und so froh
und weiß nicht mal warum,
und weiß nicht mal warum!

Es singt in mir, es klingt in mir
und was ich tu, gelingt bei mir -

Die Leute, die sagen:
"Wer Glück hat, ist dumm!",
die sollen mal nicht fragen:
"Wieso, weshalb, warum?"

Oft hab' ich kein Geld -
wer kennt das nicht auf dieser Welt?
Doch ganz unbesorgt,
es kommt schon wer, der mir was borgt.
Ich kann die Leute nicht verstehen
die durch die schwarze Brille sehen.

Es singt in mir, es klingt in mir
und was ich tu, gelingt bei mir -

Die Leute, die sagen:
"Wer Glück hat, ist dumm!",
die sollen mal nicht fragen:
"Wieso, weshalb, warum?"

tarallarallarallarallala.

Es singt in mir, es klingt in mir,
tarallarallarallarallala.
Ha-ha-ha-ha...
tarallarallala...

und weiß genau warum:
Ich bin ja nicht so dumm!

Tarallarallala...

Wow, they manage to sing a whole lot in just 2 minutes (I am referring to the Comedian Harmonists' version). Now I have to translate it.

I am so excited, I am so excited,
I am so happy and so glad,
and don't even know why,
and don't even know why!

It sings in me, it sounds in me,
and I manage to do what I do -
and don't even know why,
and don't even know why!

Those people, who say:
"who is happy is stupid!",
should not ask:
"Why, why, why?"

and don't even know why,
and don't even know why!

Often I have no money -
Who in the world doesn't know the feeling?
But I am not worried,
soon there's someone who lends it to me.
I can't understand the people
who see things through dark glasses.

and I know exactly why:
I am certainly not so stupid!

I'll continue tomorrow. There's just one new verse left (the rest is repetition of previous verses). No wait, I actually finished it now. It was really easy. Nothing like that song sung by Ilse Werner that I translated about 10 days ago.

It was really tough (and maybe wrong) to translate "Wer Glück hat" because everywhere they say it means "If you're lucky", but in this song it wouldn't make any sense. Besides, it's from the 1930s, so maybe it had a slightly different meaning, and even today Glück also means happiness.

---

In the next few weeks I also want to learn this one:

http://www.comedian-harmonists.de/texte.htm#Auf Wiedersehn, my Dear

LOL, it's the first time I find some moron who uses a comma in the title of a web page, and it works, too. Well, it's not exactly the name of a file, but an anchor, so maybe that's why it worked. No, wait, unbelievable. I just renamed a txt file in "inde,sdf.html" and explorer opens it. So you might be able to use that as the name for a web page as well.

---

Anyway, I have slowed it down by 20%, and removed the useless parts, so here's the clip to enable someone to learn it:
View attachment 20_pct_slowed_Ich_Freu_Mich_So.mp3

Last edited:
learning to accept problems with boss will teach me right trading attitude

Just got up.

I have good news.

Relaxation techniques worked.

I woke up in the middle of the night, at 4 AM and kept doing it until it worked.

The problem with heavier stress, such as thinking about my boss treating me both like an idiot and a slacker, both of which I am not, is that it takes longer, and after one session, the thoughts keep coming back to your head.

So here's what I did (cf. previous posts for details on these techniques).

Deep breathing, 2 minutes.

Progressive muscle relaxation (PMR), 10 minutes.

Then, as soon as I stopped the thoughts came back, and I was starting to despair.

But after a while, while my mind was in the grip of these polluting influences, I got back at it.

More deep breathing and more PMR.

Then, once again, they came back. Although my body now was relaxed and the breathing regular.

So I did some autogenic training. My hand is getting limp and heavy... and so on, for the rest of my body.

After about an hour of this, I fell back asleep (it might have been a bit longer, I didn't check the time or I'd have jeopardized the effect of these techniques). While normally what I'd do is ruminate these thoughts for hours until the alarm goes off (although today is a Saturday) and then I'd either skip work (taking a day off) or go there quite mad at whoever caused me to stay awake.

So, OK, I have found out what works to make me relax and go back to sleep. With harder problems, I have to keep trying, because the bad thoughts WILL keep coming back quite a few times. At least at this point of my... "emotional evolution".

I have also thought, after waking up, about the nature of the problem with my boss.

The problem could have two main causes:

1) the boss is resenting me for something and she's getting back at me. It would not be the first time that a boss resents me for making them feel like they're not the boss, because, while I treat them respectfully, I often show them, involuntarily, that I don't really think much of them. Or rather, they probably realize that they're not worth that much. That's when they feel threatened and they start bothering me. I have seen these 3 behaviors:
A) making me stand up waiting for orders, longer than necessary
B) blaming me for something that I hadn't done and yelling at me
C) present situation: pretending that I am stupid and now even that I don't work

Pretty rare but unpleasant experiences, all three.

After some thinking, I would tend to exclude that my problem with the boss is of this nature: that she truly thinks I'm stupid and truly thinks I don't work that much. She's intelligent enough to realize that I am not stupid: she keeps on asking me to solve her problems, so it really doesn't make sense. So does the rest of the office. Yes, true, they could tell themselves that they're philosophers while I am good at solving these stupid little problems such as everything related to computers (hardware and software). And probably that is what they all tell themselves. But they can't go as far as thinking I am stupid. So this can't be the reason. Or... it's not likely to be the reason. As to the amount of work I do, no one could say that I don't work, while I am always working and without taking any breaks, like everyone else instead does.

So she's probably not talking to me like an idiot and a slacker because she thinks I am one.

Maybe instead she's felt treated like a stupid by me and now she's getting back at me.

So I think my boss is in bad faith and getting back at me for whatever reason, by downplaying my role, and outright insulting me (cf. previous posts).

This might have to be addressed, but before addressing the problem, I must stop feeling anger. That is the rule I established: no action dictated by emotions.

So yes, it is odd and feels wrong to not get back at her or try to retaliate in some way, so that through the stick and the carrot methodology (proven to work), I might get the respect I deserve.

Well, for sure, I will no longer appreciate her, trust her, or... do anything that I haven't done until now. In fact the problem is that I don't know what I could change that I am willing to change. I believe the boss deserves to be greeted, so I can't stop doing that. I also believe that if anyone, even my worst enemy, asks for work-related help, I am paid to provide my help. And also I believe I should do my work.

I definitely no longer will say I appreciate her. And yesterday I did the worst that I could do: leaving the office without saying bye and 2 hours ahead and without explanations. My point got across, but it wouldn't make sense to do it again, and it will probably not be enough. I wanted to say: hey, you have offended me. Now I've said it pretty clearly.

So for now, until I no longer feel emotions about it, I will probably have to live with a boss who, probably in bad faith, treats me like a slacker and an idiot. The only advantage I have is that I will know what to expect from her.

An interesting thing is that both my boss and another colleague spent over a year telling me how intelligent, hard-working and precious I was, and then, suddenly, they stopped. In both cases this might have coincided with me not appreciating them back. I guess I am doing the same with my father.

These might be the mechanics of this:

1) you try to please someone and get their esteem back, so you treat them very nicely and pay compliments to them

2) this person keeps on being negative and critical of you

3) you give up and try the opposite method

4) that person, who was pleased by your compliments, then wonders why the hell you stopped paying compliments to him and why you're suddenly being so rude

In one case, with my father, I was the one trying to be appreciated by the other, and in the other case, with my two colleagues, I was the one they were trying to please.

But there's no way to prove anything and ascertain the real causes (except talking to her about it, which I won't do).

So, whatever the reasons for what she's doing... I might be wrong, and she could really be thinking that I am an idiot, but IQ-wise and speed-wise, I'm pretty sure I am not. It is the first time that someone dares to treat me like an idiot. At least that I can remember of. I remember when I was working as a web designer, I was the least talented web designer, but that didn't make me an idiot, nor was I treated as one, and those were the most intelligent people I met in an office (no one had completed a college degree).

Anyway, whatever the reasons for what she's doing, I still have the appreciation of all the other colleagues, and respect, so I should be able to get on without this specific person, although she's the boss.

I should be able in other words to not have to worry about devising a method to make her stop.

And now the strategy is to calm down and not get mad. It's going to be really hard because intelligence and hard work are my two main values, and the fact that someone doesn't acknowledge them in me feels very unjust and offensive.

But if I can't fix this, I can't fix my trading problems either.

Actually in this nature it is really close to a trade going wrong.

This person is telling me you're not that smart and you're not that hard-working, and the BUND (before I got back at it and blew out my account) was telling me: you're not smart and not hard-working, as I am going in a different direction than you had predicted.

Both are telling me that I am wrong, that I haven't figured things out, and that I haven't done my homework.

The difference is that the BUND is the supreme judge of this, and in this sense we can say that the markets are always right.

Whereas the boss could be wrong. After all, despite what I recently said, I do not believe that we should be working to please the boss. I believe we should try, as much as possible, to do the work properly, and make the boss accept our proper way of doing it. I've never been a kissup and will never be.

If the boss owned the bank and had the power to fire me, we could also say that the boss is always right.

But she doesn't have that much power and won't attempt to use all her power against me, also because I would resist and maybe she has some sense of justice left in her.

Recapitulating, as I said, the BUND and the boss are so similar in their not letting me have my way, that... learning to cope with my boss, without being in the grip of emotions, should also benefit my trading attitude.

It is easy to accept reality when reality is pleasant and everything is going more or less according to your plans, in trading and in life. It's another thing to accept reality and keep calm when things are not going your way.

This is it, my ultimate test. If I do not manage to face this test with my boss, or at least attempt to do so, then I will have to give up altogether, and say that my emotional control methodology and theory sounds very convincing, but that I cannot implement it and that an over-sensitive and touchy control freak like me cannot change and become a profitable trader.

Last edited:
pretty good movie:
http://streamcloud.eu/wqmxkw559uer/1939battlefield.avi.html

especially for the fact that it is entirely based on a true story:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajemnica_Westerplatte
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Westerplatte

first battle of world war 2, fascinating story, when I am reading these newspapers of early September 1939, all saying over and over again that Danzig became German again on September 1st, yet for another seven days the Poles were still holding out on the Westerplatte.

minute 14.45, on westerplatte:

only 15 Poles died on Westerplatte, vs. 200 Germans

moving scenes at minutes 13, 14, 15, 16, 17: of course the concentration camps were kept hidden from the Germans. Now we know how innocent they all are. Simply by seeing the lies they were being fed from the news of the time. Americans of today believed Bush's war on terror and that Obama did 911, so aren't going to allow the Germans of then to believe these lies? I think they have that right.

Last edited:
pretty engrossing, and nowadays almost unknown, mini-tv series, "Holocaust":

7 hours long, top actors, top director, plot sometimes laughable, but overall above average as far as historical accuracy, and it raises some interesting points. I came across it, because of its very high rating (a critic rating of 9.3, definitely not deserved, considering that Taxi Driver got 8.7, but this is because it's unknown and no one who doesn't like it will even find out about it), on this excellent movie website:
http://www.moviepilot.de/movies/holocaust

This website is better than anything I've ever found in English, including in some aspects superior to IMDB, for example in its cross searches, when you want to find a comedy with De Niro or a movie with both Joe Pesci and De Niro:
http://www.moviepilot.de/filme/beste/genre-komodie/person-robert-de-niro
http://www.moviepilot.de/filme/beste/person-joe-pesci/person-robert-de-niro

Also, from what I have seen so far, its ratings are closer to my movie preference/taste (almost identical) than rottentomatoes' ratings, which are also quite good, and still much better than IMDB's.

Last edited:
Quite fascinating. I am reading, on page 7 (yup, I have already read over 10 pages, including the other newspaper, the Welt Blatt), about the two different air raid signals ("fliegeralarm"), one to begin the alarm and one to end it:
http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/anno?aid=dkb&datum=19390902&seite=7&zoom=33

I managed to find those same alarms on youtube because I wanted to know what the newspaper description corresponded to in terms of sound:

Yo, these things are still working today, having been built from over 70 years ago. In some cases they weren't removed.

Here's another one:

The sound does rise up and down, just as they said in the newspaper: "...auf und ab schwellenden heulton...".

This is the original one, from a 1944 recording:

Best clip here below, with sound analysis:

It seems that they are mostly made by Siemens and I could find two types so far: WK2 and e57. Actually this guy's entire channel is dedicated to air raid sirens:
https://www.youtube.com/user/e57michel/videos

Fascinating little story about the British equivalent, the sirens they used in ww2:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_defense_siren#United_Kingdom
These sirens, mostly built by Carter, Gents Tangent, Castle Castings, and Klaxon Signal Co., have 10 and 12 ports to create a minor third interval (B♭ and D♭ notes) and are probably the world's most recognized World War II "air raid siren" sound. In fact, recordings of British sirens are often dubbed into movies set in countries which never used this type of siren.

What is interesting is that, in the clip below, not only the "alarm" signal but also the "all-clear" signal seems identical to the one used by Germans, described in the newspaper as "langgezogenen gleichbleibenden Heulton ohne Tonfall". Something like "continuous unchanged siren without inflection". It seems exactly the description of the "All Clear" siren by the British.

Another interesting related thing I recently discovered is that the Germans used to have a national anthem identical to the British one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heil_dir_im_Siegerkranz
"Heil dir im Siegerkranz" (German for "Hail to Thee in Victor's Crown") was from 1871 to 1918 the unofficial national anthem of the German Empire.[1] Before the foundation of the Empire, it had been the royal anthem of Prussia since 1795 and remained it after 1871.[2] The melody of the hymn derived from the British anthem "God Save the Queen". For these reasons, the song failed to become popular within all of Germany. Not only did it fail to win the support of most German nationalists, it was never recognized by the southern German states, such as Bavaria or Württemberg.[3] After World War I, the German Empire came to an end and "Das Lied der Deutschen" became the national anthem of the Weimar Republic.[4]
Who knows, maybe a small part of why they failed to unify Germany earlier is because they picked the wrong anthem.

Last edited:
During this weekend, even today (Sunday), I have been going back and forth from rage against my boss to saying to myself that I have to pass this test and not react emotionally, and not even feel emotions.

I have improved in the past weeks. The neighbor slamming her door doesn't bother me anymore. Sure, if I could I'd kill her, but she doesn't arouse long lasting emotions, nor extreme emotions in me. Same with the neighbor child screaming and jumping around.

I have improved, but I need to pass this ultimate test: my boss, who, for whatever reason (in good faith or in bad faith, maybe to spite me), is now treating me 1) like an idiot and 2) like a slacker and 3) like someone who doesn't pay attention to details, after complimenting me for one year about my intelligence and dedication and even said that I have a high sense of duty, and that everyone appreciates me.

Now she reversed all this, this horrific bitch, and I am very tempted to take it personally, but I must not. I must seize this opportunity to learn, although I am not so advanced in my emotional training to bear something like this so easily, and accept it so immediately. I would have preferred some more gradual steps. But this is what I need for my trading, too, so tomorrow I must go to work, and accept whatever reality I am faced with, even being degraded and belittled and mocked in front of everyone.

I am not saying I cannot take counter-measures, but I am saying I must not feel emotions, and not take emotional actions (such as not going or leaving). Not because I am Christian, not because I am good, and not because I appreciate or wish this bitch well, but entirely because to be efficient (in trading and in life) I must lose my emotions.

I say this, to express in writing my present mental state of wisdom, after playing, repeatedly, throughout the weekend, with the idea of skipping the whole next week of work... to spite her, to do as much damage as I can to her. But this would be wrong:
1) in efficiency: it would be a risky course of action, whereas there's clearly more efficient and less risky countermeasures
2) in methodology: skipping work means acting out of anger and it would be a mistake, according to all my theories of the past few weeks. First you eliminate the anger or better yet not feel it in the first place. Then you think about what should be done. Just the same as in trading, which teaches us many efficient behaviors that also benefit our life.

I really hope I can handle this situation without emotions, because otherwise it would signal how far behind I am in my ESESA training. It would mean that I am the same person who used martingale and could not exit a losing trade, but had to hold on to it forever, until blowing out his account.

Last edited:
One day later:

I went to work, and spent my six hours there. My boss didn't blame me for leaving early on Friday, so I guess she understood that I got offended by how she talked to me. I think she was almost afraid of my reaction (or afraid of further potential reactions), so that she didn't even tell me to do anything extra today, nor harassed me in any way. She did however tell me to do some normal work that I usually do, so it's not like we ignored each other, which was another thing I wanted to avoid. So, maybe, my emotional reaction was effective in getting what I wanted: no further insults. If I get insulted, I cannot work properly. That was my message and maybe it got through to her. If you insult me, you're not going to get anything from me.

I am glad I didn't overdo it.

on propaganda, then and today

Interesting bit from my Austrian newspaper:
http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/anno?aid=dkb&datum=19390902&seite=7&zoom=33

Snap2.jpg

The previous part of the article said how the population should not listen to foreign radios, because of their manipulative propaganda, and it added that, for those who didn't comply out of decency, there were penalties.

But then, in this final part of the article (the one in the image), and this is surprising to me, instead of explaining further why we people shouldn't listen to foreign radios (which is what it did in the first part), it says (highlighted phrase): "people (or "the population") cannot evaluate foreign news". So it seems to me contradictory, because at first it speaks to us the people, and then it speaks of us, and it says we can't assess the news. It seems to me that it is either contradictory or insulting, because if it still talks to the people the whole time, then it is telling the people they're gullible idiots. Unless it's pretending that the readers are not regular "people", and this has to be done for the lower classes, who could be deceived. But this is unlikely with 200.000 copies sold every day, out of a total Austrian population of 7 million.

Of course another interesting point of this article is that it shows us totalitarian governments have to prevent people from hearing a second opinion, lest their own propaganda stop working.

---------

Speaking of propaganda, I am now on page 8 (top, left, above the picture), where they argue that now the people have heard from the fuhrer's mouth that his very generous proposal for a fair solution of the Danzig and Corridor's problems, were answered by the Polish mobilization. So, OK, this sentence could even sound convincing, if it weren't for the fact that 1) the first ones to attack Poland are the Germans, 2) their troops had been mobilized even before the Poland's, and 3) they didn't limit their action to invading Danzig and the Corridor but half of Poland (the other half being invaded by the Soviets).

But I guess that, since the readers don't know any of this yet, this sentence could be convincing.

Actually the readers know, on September 2nd (the date of the newspaper), that Germany attacked, so they could even think: wait, hitler makes a proposal, the Polish mobilize, and then we attack? What sense does this make?

That's where the false flag attacks come in:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Himmler
Operation Himmler (less often known as Operation Konserve or Operation Canned Goods) was a 1939 false flag project planned by Nazi Germany to create the appearance of Polish aggression against Germany, which was subsequently used by Nazi propaganda to justify the invasion of Poland. Operation Himmler was arguably the first act of the Second World War in Europe.[1]

So that the reader could now say: hitler made a proposal, the Polish mobilized, then started invading our country, and only then did we reply (with the famous concept of "active defense", similar to Bush's "preemptive" attacks). So, now everything made sense to the reader. A "weapons of mass destruction" type of thing. That's why they didn't want their people to listen to foreign radios.

A-ha! You had the nazis running your own country and you never even realized it, did you?

The difference, as I said before, is that Germany took back lands that were its lands before ww1, whereas Bush really had no reason to be invading the middle east, other than 911, which is precisely the false flag they produced.

So, think about it, the USA got away with much more than Hitler got away with. And this is merely because it's the strongest country in the world, not because it had any more rights to do what it did. In fact it had much less right.

Last edited:
complete and 10-day-long ESESA failure at work with boss

Big failure lately.

I am home on a Wednesday, having taken a day off. My boss doubled my work, stressed me out, I allowed her to stress me out, and to get me angry. Not only that, but I also took actions under the influence of emotions. It doesn't matter how wrong and dishonest my boss is. My reaction was the only problem I have to be concerned about.

No trading can take place without emotional control, and you must at least be able to not act when you're under the influence of emotions. Even automated trading can go wrong if you allow your emotions to enter the field, because you'll simply disable the systems as a reaction to a loss, and take things into your own hands, and I blew out my account several times this way, too.

Let's analyze how I failed with my boss and see what lesson we have learned.

SUMMARY OF WHAT CAUSED MY EMOTIONAL CONTROL FAILURE
After months of increasing emotional control and subsequent calm, my boss one day asked me to do other things, which were the equivalent of doubling my work for the next two months.

Since I was already working my full six hours every day, this caused some problems: I told her that it was too much and that I either had to decrease the quality of my work (which I don't want to do) or the quantity (and not do the work she had just assigned to me). During these conversations she said things that bothered me, such as "you only do this... so you can do this other thing, too...", and "you only do this... so do it right"... all lies needless to say. After I got upset, being dishonest, she denied having said or meant anything to that extent. My opinion of her right now is pretty low.

STEPS OF MY FAILURE
Let's analyze this situation with my ESESA scale.

1) Event took place. First problem: I did not organize myself well enough to avoid the Event.
2) Sensations (physical ones) did not take place. This was entirely a connection of events with emotions, entirely skipping unpleasant sensations: I didn't get whipped or fired (lack of money causes physical harm) ... no physical harm.
3) Emotions. I felt anger, frustration, a sense of injustice, hate, scorn for her, worry, anxiety... I was in the grip of emotions for about 10 days, already, and still counting.
4) Symptoms. All the usual symptoms of stress: scratching, insomnia, etcetera.
5) Action. At this point, having noticed all these failed lines of defense, I should have stopped all action, in order to avoid actions influenced by emotions. But I didn't do this either, and I left work, more than once, just going home in the middle of the day - mostly in order to spite her, although in fact it did stop further action, but it wasn't the only available way. I could have taken frequent relaxation breaks.

LESSON LEARNED
OK, what I have learned from this is that when the stress is very high, at the moment, I am still unable to cope with it with my ESESA analysis of it and my relaxation techniques.

This means I am still far from being able to trade, because trade causes a similar stress to the one I experienced, and even if it didn't, I might trade based on the emotional stress I am experiencing at work.

The change relative to the past is that this time I have analyzed the situation, from the start till the end.

Last edited:
Interesting 1998 German movie about conspiracy theories and hacking (although in this movie these two subjects are not really linked with one another, except for the fact that the protagonist Karl Koch is interested in both):
http://www.moviepilot.de/movies/23-nichts-ist-so-wie-es-scheint

Streaming from here:
http://streamcloud.eu/87ohgf2vq8cy/...erman.1998.DVDRiP.XviD.iNTERNAL-HP4f.avi.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_(film)
In 1980s Germany at the height of the Cold War, 19-year-old Karl Koch (August Diehl) finds the world around him threatening and chaotic. Inspired by the fictitious character Hagbard Celine (from Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea's Illuminatus! Trilogy), he starts investigating the backgrounds of political and economic power and discovers signs that make him believe in a worldwide conspiracy.

At a meeting with hackers, Karl gets to know the student David (Fabian Busch). David and Karl are able to hack into the global data network—which is still, at this point, in its early stages...

Inspired by a true story, the life of Karl Koch:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Koch_(hacker)
Koch was loosely affiliated with the Chaos Computer Club. He worked with the hackers known as DOB (Dirk-Otto Brezinski), Pengo (Hans Heinrich Hübner), and Urmel (Markus Hess), and was involved in selling hacked information from United States military computers to the KGB.

This system administrator, Clifford Stoll, caught one of the German hackers, Markus Hess, who was also spying for the KGB:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_Stoll
In 1986, while employed as a systems administrator at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Stoll investigated hacker Markus Hess, who hacked into multiple accounts. After identifying the intrusion, he set up a honeypot for Hess, eventually tracking him down and passing details to the authorities. It is recognized as one of the first examples of digital forensics. At the time, gaining cooperation from law enforcement was a challenge due to the relatively new nature of the crime.[2] He described the events of his investigation in The Cuckoo's Egg: Tracking a Spy Through the Maze of Computer Espionage, and the paper "Stalking the Wily Hacker".[3] Stoll's book was later chronicled in an episode of WGBH's NOVA titled "The KGB, the Computer, and Me", which aired on PBS stations in 1990.[4]

Documentary with him, also based on this book he wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cuckoo's_Egg

This documentary is actually ten times more interesting than the movie "23" itself. It's very well-made because it doesn't skip any logical details, and the narrator is not dumb journalist (as is usually the case) but a scientist (Clifford Stoll), who understands the problem, and one who has a passion for explaining what he knows in the most simple and immediate way.

The only problem is that after he caught the hackers... one of them got killed, or rather "suicided":
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Koch_(Hacker)

Koch was found burned to death with gasoline in a forest near Celle, Germany. The death was officially claimed to be a suicide.[2][3] However, some[who?] believe there is little evidence supporting suicide and many believe that Koch was killed in order to keep him from confessing more to the authorities. Why Koch would be targeted, and not Pengo and Urmel, is unknown.

Koch left his workplace in his car to go for lunch; he had not returned by late afternoon and so his employer reported him as a missing person. Meanwhile, German police were alerted of an abandoned car in a forest near Celle. When they went to investigate, they found an abandoned car, that looked like it had been there for years, as it was covered in dust. Near to the car they found a burned corpse (Koch). His shoes were missing and have never been found. There was a patch of burned ground around him, which although it had not rained in some time and the grass was perfectly dry, was controlled in a small circle around the corpse. It is thought[by whom?] to be highly unlikely that this type of controlled burning could have been achieved by Koch himself which leads many to believe that his death was not suicide.[4]

At the end of this excellent documentary, Clifford pays a tribute to the memory of Koch, whose death he may inadvertently have caused. It reminded me of how aviators from enemy countries during the war shot at each other's plane, but after the war they often made friends.

---

other documentary on the subject:

Last edited:
Wow, quite good:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clueso
Clueso (pronounced [klyˈzo]; born April 9, 1980 as Thomas Hübner in Erfurt) is a German singer, rapper, songwriter and producer.

Perfect text to learn German, but still too much work for me:
An allem, was man sagt, an allem, was man sagt ist auch was dran
Egal, wer kommt, egal, wer geht, egal, es kommt nicht darauf an
Ich glaube nichts, ich glaub an dich, glaubst du an mich, ich glaub ich auch
Ich frage mich, ich frage dich, doch frag ich nicht: „Fragst du dich auch?“

Ich bin dabei, du bist dabei, wir sind dabei, uns zu verlieren
Ich bin dabei, bist du dabei, sind wir dabei, uns zu verlieren?
Ich bin dabei, du bist dabei, wir sind dabei, uns zu verlieren
Ich bin dabei, bist du dabei, bin ich dabei, uns zu verlieren?

Leichter als leicht geht es vielleicht, leichter als das, was vielleicht war
Leichter als leicht, es ist nicht weit von hier zu dem, was noch nicht war
Suchst du mich, dann such ich dich, ist die Versuchung groß genug
Ich lass es zu, komm, lass es zu, komm, lass es uns noch einmal tun
Ich geb nicht auf, gehst du mit mir, gehst du mit mir mit auf uns zu?
Fällt dir nichts ein? Komm, leg nicht auf, komm, reg dich auf und komm zur Ruh

Taken from http://lyricstranslate.com/en/gewinner-winner.html-2#ixzz3HZVQTM8t

Last edited:
French friend - französischer Freund

Notice anything?
http://context.reverso.net/translation/english-german/french+friend
French friend - französischer Freund

The capitalization is exactly the opposite. The German "friend", "Freund" takes the first capital letter because it is a noun, and nouns are capitalized in German.

But adjectives are not, even if they mean nationality. The opposite is true in English. Nouns are not capitalized. And in some cases adjectives are.

great artists, a cappella, by themselves, multi-track:

this mike beck is really good

Dan Dicks explains that not believing the usual mainstream lies does not mean always automatically assuming there is a false flag situation going on. We know they often lie, but that should not allow us to always assume the worst, without doing any research. However, whether we do research or not, our attitude will still be far from the sheeple, who assume what the mainstream news say is the truth.

Last edited: