my journal 3

Last edited:
Months later I am still thinking about this thing:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/140032-my-journal-3-post2097800.html
In the meanwhile some jewelry, worth 30,000 euros, has been stolen in my house...

I think it was the maid who stole the jewelry. There's been other things in these 4 years with her, and I have more or less put the puzzle together, and concluded that she's a thief, not a smart one, but a good actress. She steals, then she plays dumb, so dumb that you think: how dumb would she be to steal and then come back the next day? Maybe she's not as dumb as we think, and yet I am not as dumb as she thinks either. So for another month, I won't see her, because in this summer break I've learned to iron my shirts. And I'll extend her summer break until I finish my vacation, too.

I won't accuse her, ever, because I am not positive, but I now have a 95% certainty that it was her. The final evidence was this. An ashtray disappeared six months ago, we complained - she replied she hadn't seen it anywhere. A few months later, maybe a month ago, before leaving for her vacation, the ashtray reappears (I only noticed it a few days ago) in the kitchen, near the ironing table, but it was not there, we didn't put it there, and she didn't say anything about it, and yet it was clear she had seen it and that she understood we had been looking for it everywhere. So this definitely has no explanation. So clearly it was her who brought it back. If she had found it, she would have told us "I found it!". But she's not a good enough actress and she wouldn't have known what to tell us, because I had looked everywhere for it. Yet she was dumb enough to return it, so I guess the puzzle is solved. She's a thief and she's probably the same thief who stole the jewelry. She's dumb and she thinks we are dumb and fall for her acting.

Sting in Kazan - Shape of my heart - YouTube

61 year old vegetarian

great version here:
Sting - Shape Of My Heart (Live) - Free listening

Last edited:
Gee, finally even they are acknowledging there's a change in the gold market and that it has been rising... they're only 2 weeks late:
Commodities Tomorrow: Gold headed higher? - CNBC
Rough day on Wall Street - CNBC
Gold climbs to 8-week high - CNBC
Gold back above $1,350 - CNBC
Gold surges in afternoon rally - CNBC

All waking up at once, once it's too late. Obviously this will add some fuel to the rise, probably the last green candle tomorrow.

Greg Nguyen makes exactly the same points in this post:
Random Thoughts from an Organized Mind: Gold rallies on haven demand; silver up 5%
Even when gold and silver are soaring, the financial media has to give back-handed reasons on the surge in prices.

For example, in this quote, they don't acknowledge that gold is a safe haven asset, but:

Gold futures rallied on Thursday as steep losses for U.S. stocks and a decline in the U.S. dollar lured investors into the perceived safety of the precious metal.

Notice how they subtly injected words like "lured" and "perceived", as if to suggest gold really isn't a safe haven asset, and that investors are being tricked into buying gold. Even when gold performs EXACTLY as it's supposed to, the benefits are grudgingly acknowledged, but laced with negative nuances.
Excellent analysis (it continues with more examples) of the manipulation in the media which reflects the manipulation in the markets, just like 911 has seen a manipulation in every field, but primarily in the media, which is owned by those doing the manipulating.

I've written several posts before on the manipulation of media, whether regarding to financial news or political news.

Last edited:
Today or, at the latest, next week will be my last day of discretionary trading for a while. With my silver trade, I've recovered all the losses, caused mostly by impatience during the last few months. Now I have again the capital needed for automated trading.

I will split the account in two, as advised by many before, and will use one small account for discretionary trading and one big account for automated trading.

Now it's a matter of waiting a few more hours/days, because I am very tempted to close my trades early, given that they're showing so much profit.

Once I'll have two accounts, provided financial collapse still hasn't happened, I will allow my automated trading to run undisturbed, and I will focus only on my discretionary trading, practicing on the chart game, and trying to reproduce on TWS what I do on the chart game. I will finally be able to use the paper trading account on TWS, something that they don't allow anymore if you're already running the real TWS, so, given that I run my systems, I haven't been able to practice on TWS paper trading. But with two accounts, I'll be able to do it.

Although... I am not really sure that what I do on a daily timeframe on the chart game can be done on intraday on my futures - due to commissions, and to the difference of timeframe, too. I might have to practice on TWS a form of overnight trading, just as I do on the chart game, which is boring though, because on the chart game you can speed things up, but on TWS you can't.

I'll see as I go along. The most important thing for now is that I split the account in two, so I don't put it at risk, as I did before. Discretionary trading makes the most money, but it has the emotional involvement, which can cause disaster. Automated trading is less dangerous but it doesn't make as much money.

I am still not sure and wondering whether I should resume my private math lessons, given that I am no longer focused on finding a formula that automates my money management (we did that 4 months ago), and only want to focus on discretionary trading.

There are advantages to reasoning with someone else, but there's probably even more advantages to reasoning alone. Especially if this implies that you don't have to disclose your ideas, don't have commitments to go to a place and meet someone. I don't know which choice has more benefits. You see, here I can come and write what I want, but if I create expectations in someone else, it will probably have a negative effect on my trading, because then I will have to succeed, and if you have to succeed, you fail. It reminds me the usual quote by... by Brian Lund:
10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Trading | The bclund BlogThe bclund Blog
This one may seem obvious but when I first started trading I was more interested in showing how smart I was by doing something most people didn’t understand. I spent a lot of time telling non-traders about the markets and making myself feel important.

I bought books, software, and attended seminars because I thought it was cool to be a trader. But all the while I was losing money in the markets.

Ask yourself this question, and be honest. What’s more important to you, having everyone you know idolize you because you’re “trader”, but lose money, or have everyone think that you are just some schlub who works in an ice cream store, while in fact you are really making a fortune in the markets?
In other words, the more people you involve in your trading, the more pressure you will feel when you're trading. So, in this sense, trading is easier if you're perceived as "some schlub who works in an ice cream store", than if you are, as he writes: "interested in showing how smart I was by doing something most people didn’t understand. I spent a lot of time telling non-traders about the markets and making myself feel important". The less your ego is involved, the better. And to help keep your ego down, you should not have any trading reputation to live up to.

several hours later.

I closed that silver trade and I tried to open that second account I was talking about but I gave up, because, after a chat with an IB representative and some thinking and investigating, i decided that:

1) too much paper work to open another account
2) you have to pay for the data fees twice
3) all, everything is doubled in complexity

Not worth it. Given that I don't have to trade discretionary with frequency, but only a few times per week. So, basically I will not open a second account.

Anyway, guys, I am back, finally:

dfsf.jpg

Sting - Shape Of My Heart / Lyrics
He deals the cards as a meditation
And those he plays never suspect
He doesn't play for the money he wins
He doesn't play for respect
He deals the cards to find the answer
The sacred geometry of chance
The hidden law of a probable outcome
The numbers lead a dance...

It took me four long months to recover from those famous losses i was telling you about. I didn't play for the money I won, I didn't play for respect. I played to find the answer, the sacred geometry of chance, the hidden law of a probable outcome.

Speaking of math, I have also decided that I will not resume my math lessons. They're very costly, and the only way I can adapt to the nature of automated trading (small gains) is if I don't put pressure on myself to make money fast, and the first step is to cut down on expenses.

Last edited:
chart game update

Attachments

• chartgame.com_practice_results.xls
    119.5 KB · Views: 104
Being on this forum and writing about trading is like being on the Titanic and playing in the band:

Titanic extended Video - And The Band Played On - YouTube

Titanic - Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you tonight. - YouTube

My newly restored capital will now go back to zero, simply because it's all fiat currency:
Fiat money - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term fiat money has been defined variously as:
- any money declared by a government to be legal tender.[7]
- state-issued money which is neither convertible by law to any other thing, nor fixed in value in terms of any objective standard.[8]
- money without intrinsic value.[9][10]

Not just fiat currency, but, even worse, electronic fiat currency. All my years of work to achieve this ability to... compound capital... check out this wonderful chart of my dreams:

sdf.jpg

All this work will serve no purpose when the financial collapse will happen. Years of work thrown away.

Then I will have to work like everyone else. I would have been better off just quitting my banking job and living as a hermit in the forest. The collapse is imminent. It's a matter of months. The gold has already all flowed to the east.

Look What Will Happen After The Dollar Collapse - YouTube

Peter Schiff - Dollar Could Collapse This Fall 2013 - YouTube

'US dollar will collapse in 2013' - YouTube

US Dollar Collapse, Soon Won't Be Able to Buy Gold at Any Price -- Bitcoin - Galt's Gulch - YouTube

» What Is Going To Happen If Interest Rates Continue To Rise Rapidly? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Economic collapse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Past economic collapses have had political as well as financial causes. Persistent trade deficits, wars, revolutions, famines, depletion of important resources, and government-induced hyperinflation have been listed as causes.

During severe financial crises, sometimes governments close banks. Depositors may be unable to withdraw their money for long periods, as was true in the United States in 1933 under the Emergency Banking Act. Withdrawals may be limited. Bank deposits may be involuntarily converted to government bonds or to a new currency of lesser value in foreign exchange.[7]
During financial crises and even less severe situations, capital controls are often imposed to restrict or prohibit transferring or personally taking money, securities or other valuables out of a country. To end hyperinflations a new currency is typically issued. The old currency is often not worth exchanging for new.

Inflació_utan_1946.jpg

debt.jpg

THE DOLLAR COLLAPSE IMMINENT - WHERE NOT TO BE WHEN IT HAPPENS (USD, NWO) - YouTube

Last edited: