my journal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
having to reboot myself, or rather: "turn off"

It sucks but tonight, like every night, the time has come to force my own brain to be turned off. It doesn't want to, as usual. And this is what causes me insomnia.

It doesn't want to be turned off even if the body is tired.

When you turn it off, you don't have a guarantee that you will be able to turn it back on the next day. I'd rather keep my own brain turned on all the time, like a server.

turn_off.jpg

Tomorrow back to work. With that hyperactive annoying guy. I can't stand him. I wish my days at work were all the same. The problem is that they keep getting worse.

back from work, back to work

Here I am. I stayed at work longer because I was working on some vba formula to search on our suspicious transaction reports database.

Soon I'll watch this movie on tv:
http://www.letswatchsomething.com/watch-6640-Gomorra

This week the systems almost broke even. They lost like 400 dollars. I am satisfied, considering the previous week they made over 1000.

A lot of work on systems awaits me tomorrow.

I might be able to finish all work in the weekend. The problem is that the guys at disktrading.com have not sent me the GBL data yet. I will wait another week for that data and then I'll call myself "disappointed", despite many years of great service provided by them. I'll have to find a vendor for GBL, even though it's not easy at all, unless you're willing to pay 1000 dollars for that data.

Last edited:
Re: having to reboot myself, or rather: "turn off"

It sucks but tonight, like every night, the time has come to force my own brain to be turned off. It doesn't want to, as usual. And this is what causes me insomnia.

It doesn't want to be turned off even if the body is tired.

When you turn it off, you don't have a guarantee that you will be able to turn it back on the next day. I'd rather keep my own brain turned on all the time, like a server.

View attachment 92602

Tomorrow back to work. With that hyperactive annoying guy. I can't stand him. I wish my days at work were all the same. The problem is that they keep getting worse.

travis - You must switch to de-caff.

Re: back from work, back to work

What's GBL? German Bunds?

Have you seen the thread Forex Morning Trade? They are a bunch of customers who have bought a system to trade the GBP-USD. When the indicator is inline with a couple of other standard indicators (I think one of them is MACD) at 05:00 GMT+1 they buy with 40pips target and 20 pips stop loss. It looks like the system they are trading is very simliar to the kind of trading you do. I've been lurking on the thread initially to see what the system was about. It's fascinating, just out of human interest, watching them congratulate each other when they make a winning trade, and commiserate and give each other encouragement when they lose. What's really weird is that they all just post on that thread and none of them post anywhere else on T2W. I can't work out if that's a good sign or a bad sign.

Yes, I noticed that thread. It has about two thousand views per day, 50 posts per day, quite impressive. But I have never been a follower, especially if I cannot see what the system is doing, so I am not too interested, even if the system worked. I prefer to do my own thing and know exactly what's going on.

The GBL is the German Bund, yes.

Last edited:
Last edited:
swindle singers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuKP8ZGw7eE

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Swingle_Singers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Swingle_Singers
The group, directed originally by Ward Swingle (who once belonged to the Mimi Perrin's French vocal group Les Double Six), began as session singers mainly doing background vocals for singers like Charles Aznavour and Edith Piaf. They also did some jazz vocals for Michel Legrand. The eight session singers sang through Bach's Well-Tempered Klavier, as a sight reading exercise and found the music to have a natural swing. They recorded their first album Jazz Sébastien Bach as a present for friends and relatives. Many radio stations picked it up which led to the group recording more albums and winning a total of five Grammy Awards.[1]

An early hit for the group was Bach's "Air on the G String", recorded with the Modern Jazz Quartet. This is also the theme tune to a popular Italian TV Show Superquark...

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superquark

Last edited:
Travis, tomorton was just making a joke. For me, you and all your subscribers to laugh at. How could you think that he was making fun of you? I'm sure if he wanted to make fun of you he could do better than that! Cheer up mate!

Sam.

All right. Let's keep monitoring him, and let me know when he'll be making fun of me.

Re: yeah

This is your second sarcastic post (out of five), where you're making fun of me. The first one was here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/85510-my-journal-2-a-145.html#post1258228

You've got two more to go, according to my estimates. Then I will ban you for about one month, always according to my estimates. I am very touchy and I don't enjoy being made fun of. Especially on my journal.

Calm down travis, both posts were sincere. As for the first, this thread is one of the most entertaining on the site and I honestly recommended it as such: your open personal writing offers a fascinating (if a bit worrying) view of a trader's psychology.

As for the second, just recall your well described insomnia and your rather tense reactions to your work colleague's mild idio-syncracies: whereas caffeine is a well known psychostimulant, perhaps the kindest observation I could make would be that these issues arise from outside yourself.

As a third observation, I would personally vouch for a good quality red wine at the right temperature, in moderation, and not before 6pm.

Ok, then I misunderstood. Sorry for accusing you. Thanks for the feedback. I don't drink coffee and I just drank beer to help me go back to sleep but it didn't work this time. Sometimes it does. Still better than xanax.

Ok, then I misunderstood. Sorry for accusing you. Thanks for the feedback. I don't drink coffee and I just drank beer to help me go back to sleep but it didn't work this time. Sometimes it does. Still better than xanax.

Alcohol content beer, typically 3-5%
Alcohol content red wine, typically 12.5-14.5%. Never fails.

Yeah, but often I puke when I drink wine.

You wouldn't happen to have GBL data?

I am starting to get really pissed off because disktrading.com has yet to send me the GBL data it had promised me.

German Bund. You or anyone else. Because I am starting to get impatient. I am not going to write them any hate emails though, because I cannot get into an argument with them. They are my favorite source of data, for quality and price.

Actually, let me state it more clearly: at that price they are my ONLY source of data. They said they'd give me the data for free, but I am actually willing to pay 200 dollars for it. But I am afraid that if I write them even one more email urging for the data, they will stop doing business with me.

I can get into an argument with almost anyone, except the guys who have the data. Those guys, as far as I know, are irreplaceable. Forget writing them even just one more email.

Last edited:
German Bund. You or anyone else. Because I am starting to get impatient. I am not going to write them any hate emails though, because I cannot get into an argument with them. They are my favorite source of data, for quality and price.

Actually, let me state it more clearly: at that price they are my ONLY source of data. They said they'd give me the data for free, but I am actually willing to pay 200 dollars for it. But I am afraid that if I write them even one more email urging for the data, they will stop doing business with me.

I can get into an argument with almost anyone, except the guys who have the data. Those guys, as far as I know, are irreplaceable. Forget writing them even just one more email.

What does the L stand for in GBL? GBL to me just frustrates me as an abbreviation for German Bund. Why not just B for Bund. And CL. Nymex Crude Oil. CO? I'm missing something. Where is this L coming from?

Last edited:
"CL" stands for Crude and Light is my guess. Maybe when they created the symbol it wasn't Sweet yet:
http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/light-sweet-crude_contract_specifications.html

For the GBL it's different:
http://www.eurex-bonds.com/public/documents_functional_answers_en.html
...Future contracts currently listed on Eurex® (short-term government bonds [FGBS], medium-term government bonds [FGBM], and long-term government bonds [FGBL])

You don't happen to have the data for the GBL? What about your friends?

Re: back from work, back to work

What's GBL? German Bunds?

Have you seen the thread Forex Morning Trade? They are a bunch of customers who have bought a system to trade the GBP-USD. When the indicator is inline with a couple of other standard indicators (I think one of them is MACD) at 05:00 GMT+1 they buy with 40pips target and 20 pips stop loss. It looks like the system they are trading is very simliar to the kind of trading you do. I've been lurking on the thread initially to see what the system was about. It's fascinating, just out of human interest, watching them congratulate each other when they make a winning trade, and commiserate and give each other encouragement when they lose. What's really weird is that they all just post on that thread and none of them post anywhere else on T2W. I can't work out if that's a good sign or a bad sign.

Hi Adam

I have looked at this thread and backtested the idea. The idea has worked considerably well since 2007, but when you backtest it back to 2005 to 2007, the P&L was stagnant. Saying this, it didnt lose any money and i have managed to optimise over those 5 1/2 years, but since 2007 it hasnt had more than 3 losses in a row, which is amazing. I would recommend anyone following it and to just give you an idea i have 250k margin for this idea. Although i believe optimising it is a waste of time because it may not work going forward. The best idea is 80 point profit target. 40 point trailing stop. 24 point break even, and 40 point stop loss. Over 5 years return of 60% with max drawdown of 6%, before you shout and scream saying thats crap, you dont understand risk reward levels i'm looking at. If you're interested, look at ProSwingTrading aswell because he's very good. JahDave's EURUSD elliot wave analysis is good, but i dont really know how he's trading it.

Brett

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.