my journal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe not, maybe I was not a fool

I woke up just now and thought about it again. There is some truth to what I said above, in that for others it is not as easy to rebel as it is for me. However, it is also true that I was blinded, in my rebellion to the boss, by good faith and hard work. If you break your back for four years trying to do things right, then it's hard to be submissive, when a new boss asks you to do everything wrong, and pressures you to tell him that you agree with his orders (this part is because he's an insecure contradicting idiot and keeps trying to get me to agree with him, after I tell him I totally disagree for months).

At this point, however, my disagreeing, protesting, objecting, rebelling has gone too far, in terms of disrespect for the boss, and in terms of emotional toll for me: I lose my temper on a daily basis, confronted with things I cannot change, I cannot sleep at night, and I cannot work once I come home, and I am looking like a madman to many (stupid) colleagues. It's ok to be a minority if I stay by myself, but I cannot take it for so many months, without any hope of winning a battle. I am not like that last japanese soldier who kept fighting for 30 years after the war was over.

So yesterday I talked to my historian uncle and he told me that during dictatorships in the 1600s there was a writer who argued that, when we're forced to obey unless we want to die or go to prison, it can be considered ok to hide our opinions, and even honest. His book was titled "Concerning Honest Concealment". And that is the behavior he recommended to me in order to avoid going crazy over impossible orders by the idiot boss or being fired for telling him he's an idiot.

Here's what wikipedia says about that book:
Della dissimulazione onesta è un libro scritto da Torquato Accetto.

Meditando sul conformismo e sull’ipocrisia della società del suo tempo, l’autore si interroga su quale possa essere la risposta e la reazione dell’uomo onesto. Accetto vuole dimostrare che la dissimulazione, quando si identifica con la prudenza e non giunge alla volgare menzogna, diventa nelle mani del saggio un'arma per difendersi dall'oppressione dei potenti.

Nato nel contesto della dominazione spagnola in Italia questo breve trattato fu pubblicato a Napoli nel 1641 e rapidamente dimenticato. Il libello fu riscoperto da Benedetto Croce all’inizio del XX secolo.
That answers exactly my doubts. When you're surrounded by conformism and hypocrisy, if you're honest, what are you supposed to do? This writer, Torquato Accetto, argues that if you don't lie, but simply conceal your ideas, out of prudence and to protect yourself, it is ok.

So that is what I am going to do. There will be complete reversal in my attitude, so they will know that I am concealing and not that I changed my mind. Dude, the office with this boss, will fall apart, and we will all be considered responsible, precisely because he's an idiot who doesn't take responsibility for his mistakes. But hopefully I'll get my satisfaction and money from trading soon, so I'll be able to handle this sad reality. This will be the first time that I conceal my ideas. Nope. Well, you see, before this I either said what I thought, or I wasn't asked. In many places I was before, I was not asked for opinions but simply told what to do. That is much easier for me. This will be the first time that I conceal what I think. Well, wait... who knows and how can I remember? Let's then say that I don't remember such a major effort of concealing my thoughts.

Tomorrow I will be tested in this new attitude with:

1) orders that cannot be executed and I will say "yes" or "I will try my best", even though I know it cannot be done.
2) orders that should not be executed and I will say "yes" or "I will do my best", and I will try to limit the damage from his orders.
3) being blamed for mistakes I did not make, and I will be quiet, reminding myself that I am dealing with an idiot.
4) more and more stupidity

You see, a great part of the problem is that the ACE kaizen team cannot give us direct orders but has to go through our boss first. Then, being an idiot, he should translate their "desires" and "suggestions" into orders, unless he wants to interrupt his kissing up career (he got promoted not out of merit but because of being a yes-man). I said "he should translate", because that is not what he does. Being such a stupid intellectual wimp, what he does is pretend it's a decision by the office, which simply cannot be. My colleagues, who are mostly yes-men, play along, when he asks for these "opinions", with questions such as "we all agree on this, right?" and "this is ok, right?". Until now, I could not help replying "not at all, this is a disaster... we're destroying the work of four years...".

Now will begin my new phase of "honest concealment". You want to destroy me by either firing me or making me go crazy with your insistence and contradictory orders and unjustly blaming me? Fine, I will turn into a yes-man. I won't tell lies. I will be quiet and obey, trying my best to limit your damage to the office and to my work.

My fighting days are over. From now on, I will engage in "honest concealment", much like soldiers do. This abrupt change in my attitude will almost be an extra mockery of your orders, because everyone will see it as brain-washing rather than as me kissing up to the boss, which of course no one can accuse me of (after months of heated arguments).

[...]

Anyway, I regard this change in attitude as giving up. There's nothing exciting about it, but it's the only thing I can do: giving up my fight, and let my work and the office fall apart without opposing resistance. Giving up is not something I do frequently, especially not after starting a fight - I either don't start or I don't give up (such as I did for trading, where I didn't give up, despite over a decade of losses). I am curious to see whether it will really be a defeat or if in the end I will be proven right. But, in this situation, the only way to be proven right is if this idiot boss goes somewhere else, because there's no way of fixing his damage while he's here with us producing more damage - he is simply too stupid to ever do things right. And he's too stupid to trust those who are doing things right for him.

Anyway, right now there's nothing I can do but swallow my pride and pretend I am Fantozzi, at least temporarily:

Last edited:
second thoughts and third thoughts about silver and copper

Terrible but also good. That's what I am thinking now about my choice of expanding my systems to copper and silver.

Dude, copper has a spread of 3 ticks at best, which is pretty big considering that each tick is 12.5 dollars.

And silver. Dude, silver has 2 ticks of spread at best, but each tick is 25 dollars. On average, in ten years of backtesting, my systems make 300 trades and 30 thousand dollars of profit. Now, if you apply this fact to silver, that means that... at least another 25 dollars times 300 trades = 7500 dollars will be taken away from the profit of each of those systems. Yeah, I am saying this because in my tradestation reports I used a spread costs of only 1 tick, whereas silver has at least 2 ticks. So this means my dozen systems on silver will all have a profit reduced by about 25%.

So that is why my second thoughts were "what a terrible choice...", but then my third thoughts were "...but good", because by venturing into silver and copper (and nasdaq) I reviewed/improved all my existing systems for all traded futures and the consequence was that, on top of creating about 25 systems on copper/silver/nasdaq, I also created another 30 systems on the other futures I was already trading. Besides, for some copper/silver systems that trade rarely, the impact of spread costs can be ignored.

And also, I am hoping that in the future the volume of these metals will increase, which seems to be the case at least on silver.

For copper, it seems that the volume is all going into the chinese futures, because it hasn't increased in recent years. At least as far as I can tell from here:
http://www.futuresmag.com/Issues/2011/April-2011/Documents/TradersView2011.pdf

futures.jpg

The evil dudes taking the volume from our exchange are, in descending order, SHFE (chinese mofos), MCX (indian mofos) and LME (british mofos), and my buddy CME - COMEX is suffering. This isn't good. Why isn't all the volume coming to america? It was complex enough to figure out all the goddamn specifications of CME futures, and now it's out of the question that I go and study the chinese and indian futures, let alone the british ones.

Last edited:
oh yeah, growing more peaceful by the second

Oh yeah... I am going to stop caring about my work and whether it will go down the toilet or not. I've tried everything and now I won't oppose any more resistance, and let my idiot boss lead us towards the cliff and then beyond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dyt8xICiqU

Actually, from now on, I will go to those awful daily meetings dancing like mc hammer.

Oh yeah, I'm glad I put this tape in.
I'm just gon' cruise down the road,
look at the stars in the sky,
and drift off into the sweet memories that I have...

Oh yeah, I will open up my shirt,
and show them my gold chain...

Tomorrow is the big day, when I'll begin a new life at the office, with an attitude of "honest and respectful concealment" of my disgust.

[...]

And once I'll learn to be fake (at work), I'll have to find some other problem to fix, since it seems that I always need a big problem to fix, and a big battle to fight.

[...]

But let's not say that I am learning to be "fake", otherwise I will never be able to implement the new attitude. Let's say that I need to learn to be respectful of authorities (the boss) even when I disagree with their orders, and even when they accuse me unjustly. I have never been in the army, but I guess this is exactly what they teach you there.

In fact, I would like to think that I am private joker, but maybe I am private Gomer Pyle:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093058/

Or maybe, I'd like to think that I am Gomer Pyle and instead I am Private Joker, and I'll survive (by adapting in order not to be fired) and be your regular Fantozzi employee:

Last edited:
excellent one:
http://www.putlocker.com/file/A646096789D81872

I just started it and I can tell it's an excellent one:
http://screenplayexplorer.com/wp-content/scripts/Its-Kind-of-a-Funny-Story.pdf

Not perfectly smooth, but meaningful script.

Original, great... improving. All right, it's not perfect and not perfectly smooth, and there's problems with the acting of the protagonist and some other patients, which is not too pleasant...

AARON: Dude, you just need to chill more. Your problem is you never chill.

All right, it's so so, but it's better than any movie with tom cruise.

All right, its biggest asset is its originality. It's not perfect, but it's original. Sometimes it's too original, and sometimes painful to watch by how bad it is, and that makes me fail it overall, but I can't say it boring. Let's say it is discontinuous: something's good and something's bad. It can be watched. Definitely not a masterpiece, but definitely not "entertainment": we can still call it "art" and say it's not a commercial movie.

It's crap. After 1 hour and 10 minutes into it, it just totally falls apart. The actor sucks, the script doesn't hold together, the whole thing doesn't hold out.

It's as if it were directed by a beginner director and made by a bunch of beginners. With good intentions, but limited skills.

They did a good thing in using this song:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Is_My_Mind?

Ok, I keep watching... and it gets worse every minute. It happens with a lot of movies. They start great, and then they keep on getting worse throughout their 100 minutes.

I am going to stop watching it before it finishes, after just 80 minutes of it.

Last edited:
When I don't write here, I keep working on the systems, so this means that I've been working for hours on the tradestation reports, and finished all that.

Then for a while I've been working on the six faulty/failed systems I had fixed, and this part I hope to complete by today, so those will be the first 6 systems I will entirely automate (easy because they already exist and I only have to change some parameters).

Then the hard part will come: automating the remaining 46 systems. That is why I am so stressed out. I am doing this overwhelming work on systems, all of it on excel, and on top of it, I have a boss at work who keeps asking everything and the opposite of everything, and, as a consequence, he keeps screwing my statistics which I also keep on excel. So, as Tony Montana would put it, I've got ****ing excel coming out of my ears.

Besides I am in a state of despair, because one thing is to work your ass off on formulas and then, once you figure them out, you get to keep them. And another thing is you work your ass off on some formulas, then you get an idiot for boss, and he asks you to delete those useless columns. Then you try to resist his orders because he'll regret them himself, but he keeps insisting for weeks, and so you finally give in, knowing he'll blame you for it in a few months, because idiots don't take responsibility for their orders.

But now all this will be behind me. After giving my blood for this office for four years, and caring about how well the office was doing, I was given an idiot as boss, and the office and my work are now being destroyed by him. I tried resisting but in vain. So at this point I will stop caring, and let the office fall apart. I hoped to be listened after putting all these efforts into something. I don't get listened to? Too bad, I can't get a heart attack because of such a shame. My only option now is to stop caring, and take whatever crap I have to take, without really paying attention to it. Stop caring, stop caring, stop caring. I'll brainwash myself so I stop caring, otherwise it will mean more of anger attacks and more arguments with the boss, all leading to nothing, except damage to my health.

[...]

I am going to:

1) relax
2) stop caring about the well-being of the office
3) stop caring if I didn't finish my tasks before it's time to go home
4) stop caring about being precise and on time
5) start taking coffee breaks like everyone else does
6) take my eyes off the screen once every hour
7) start being a regular employee, who doesn't put half of his effort and caring into his work

This is the only way I can survive in an office ruled by an idiot. I've been working conscientiously since 1997. It had to take a big idiot to get me to stop something I've been doing for so long. Congratulations, G.C..

[...]

I was thinking. Until here, all these years I have been a control freak, and increasingly so as the years went by and I gained in independence and trust. This is not bad at all. For my job I needed precision and being on time, and reliable. It means being a control freak. Now they take it away from me, placing me in a situation where I cannot control anything anymore. The consequences will be two, as predicted in many posts for many months:

1) loss of reliability in my work, which has been destroyed
2) increase in freedom and relaxation for me

A few months from now the consequences will be... just one actually:

1) boss risks being removed from his position as a consequence of his mistakes and his disastrous management of our office.

For a control freak like me, what begins tomorrow is like a vacation pretty much. And with no sense of guilt, because I was really forced to forgo any worries related to my work, since, having such an idiot as a boss, it is just impossible to keep doing it right. He's asking me to destroy it in the first place, and has been removing all my work tools, one by one: time, diligence, precision... and the worst thing of all: data ("stop data entry for this column..." and such).

I will barely avoid madness by ceasing to care about my work and the idiot's erratic feedback. It's either this, or I will have to be hospitalized for one reason or another. I cannot handle this boss and at the same time care about my work. He either leaves, I leave, or I stop caring. Otherwise I would get heart attack, panic attacks, anger attacks - this boss is just too stupid to handle for me.

Last edited:
In exactly 10 hours, I will be at the office to inaugurate the new obeying employee, who doesn't care about his work, because he just has to worry about saying "yes" to everything he's told.

Just wait 10 hours and we'll have some fun. I will show them how much I can change, if it's absolutely necessary. They'll regret it but it will be too late, and they won't be able to reverse me again.

You will regret turning off and disappoint such a brilliant mind. Shame on you, you moron. I have given all my best efforts for this bank, and you let me and the bank down. I care about the bank more than everyone else in it. I care about doing things properly. You want me to obey, regardless of your stupid orders? Fine. You'll regret not trusting me. The stupid and lazy people like you should always trust the intelligent and hard-working ones like me. But hell no, you had to destroy my mind and critical mind. Fine. You don't deserve to know what my mind thinks. I will turn it off for you.

One day, in a few months, someone will wake you up and tell you that our office worked much better with the previous boss, and I wonder how you will react, if you will at least acknowledge your stupidity. I hope so. There's plenty of people acknowledging my hard work and intelligence and I don't care if you treat me like a moron and drive me crazy with your stupid orders. I will survive your leadership by turning off my critical thinking.

There will be a stupid one leading, and all the intelligent ones following because they were forced to swallow their ideas.

Kind of like the United States lead by George Bush. The moron people vote and elect him, and then he leads the rest of the country towards disaster.

**** you, man. I am leaving the office all at your mercy and in your hands. You wanted to destroy it? Go ahead. Everyone has seen me complain for months. Now I give up. **** everything up, since that's the only thing you're capable of doing. Screw up all you want. I don't care anymore about having built this in 4 years of work. You idiot. You don't deserve to be the boss of anything, not even your family. And another idiot is the guy who made you the boss. I am done with you. I will screw you more by obeying you than by objecting to your orders. But you left me no choice. Emotionally, I can't take this anymore, being all alone against you and the rest of the kissing up bank. I give up. Destroy everything. I am ok with it. It's too hard to oppose resistance.

[...]

Hey, **** you, man. Who put this thing together? Me. Who do I trust? Me. You wanna go on with me, you say it. You don't - you make a move. I've got this rocket on my side. This rocket of mine is going to go up soon, and up your ass one day.

Snap1.jpg

Last edited:
big day - the end of my sincerity at the office

It's going to be the greatest punishment for my boss, but he doesn't know it yet.

You ignore all my objections? You give me unfair accusations? You destroy my work and ask me to do it for you? You give me contradictory orders for a month? You forget that I said you're asking me to screw up my statistics and the reliability of my work and then ask for precision with you new screwed up method?

Complaining and arguing only gets me to lose my temper and you still don't listen to me and proceed with the destruction of my work and the office?

My only choice is to at least preserve my health, stop being sincere, stop having any thoughts, and say "yes" to everything you say, regardless of what I once could have thought about it. I am going to stop thinking and stop worrying. You left me no choice.

It is the first time I do this at the office, but I have no choice. I will start today, cold turkey. I know I will manage some way to do it, because otherwise I'll get a heart attack from the anger you arouse in me every time you open your mouth.

Watch me do it, live on this journal. I will come back at about 3.30 pm and tell you all about it, about my first office carefree day, like the protagonist in office space. One day, he just decides to stop caring about the contradictory and stupid orders he receives.

G.C., you will regret having an employee that told you what was on his mind, and that had something valuable on his mind. G.C., you just completely screwed yourself.

crazy son of a bitch I am...

It did not go as planned. Today at the meeting there was the head of the ACE project, and nonetheless I spoke just a little less than I usually speak, but as usual it was all against what we are doing.

I am glad I spoke for the colleagues and for the boss. No one else dared to say anything, since the major Dick was there.

But I was asked, so, within the time I was allowed to speak, I managed to get red, slightly raging, too, and to say that I was against the latest change they were suggesting.

However today there were some changes in my behaviour. Since I can't afford to get up and go home slamming the door (doing it once was enough, on Friday), I just went for a coffee break, whenever I felt the blood rushing to my head, due to the impossible tasks assigned (doing the same as before, yet with a screwed up order and reduced efficiency).

I think I went for 3 coffee breaks today. Oh, and one cigarette break by myself. I am becoming a normal employee. The boss is in for a big surprise. Starting today everything will fall increasingly apart as a consequence of his changes. You wanted to run the office and not trust me? Fine, now deal with the mess you created.

And today I am going home at 3 pm just like I did all last week.

Ah ah, hilarious.

He just asked me if I'd finish by today, since now I am behind. I said "hey, I have 20 minutes left, so I can't finish it by today". He was disappointed and left.

So let me get this straight:

1) you ask me to mess up my own work
2) I reply "beware my efficiency will get much worse as a consequence"
3) you still order me to mess it up

And then... you expect me to work extra hours to make things perfect? And have a nervous breakdown while you have fun with your colleagues on a coffee break? No ****ing way. I dare you to fire me if you're not happy with my new lower efficiency. I dare you to fire me if you're not happy with the fact that I don't stay extra hours to make your messed up procedure seem as efficient as my previous procedure.

back home

It was a good day. We kept on screwing things up, as ordered by the boss, but the good part is that I did well as far as the only things within my control:

1) no fits of anger, no losing my temper
2) leaving the office at 3 pm sharp

If I can keep going like this from now on, then I will do ok for months. Then, within this year, the office will fall apart, and I don't know who they'll accuse and who'll be punished for this. The boss should be the one, but they could look for a scapegoat, in which case i would be the one.

However, for a good three months, I will survive thanks to implementing #1 and #2. Then, in September, it will be my turn to go on vacation. And then, resting for one month will allow me to survive for another month, after I come back. So we safely make it to November.

By then, the income from trading should be enough to allow me to mentally relax and not care about work as much.... so basically if I can hold out for 3 more months, I have nothing to worry about.

Then, after a while longer, it will be this, Mediterraneo:

Dude! Drawdown is over. We just exceeded the previous early April peak.

A drawdown of just one month and a half: getting better!

That's right. Our first (major) drawdown, when we started trading their account, hit us immediately, in June 2010, and lasted 3 months.

Then, another drawdown hit us in October and last two and a half months. In fact, with all these long drawdowns, we were still below zero at the end of December. Then we changed the systems traded: added good ones, dropped some bad ones. And the engine started to work properly.

And this peak-to-peak drawdown has lasted exactly 6 weeks.

My hope is that we will not exceed one month of (peak to peak) drawdowns in the future, which would mean we're making money every month.

Let's explain why I keep saying "peak to peak":
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/drawdown.asp
A drawdown is measured from the time a retrenchment begins to when a new high is reached. This method is used because a valley can't be measured until a new high occurs. Once the new high is reached, the percentage change from the old high to the smallest trough is recorded.

I need to explain this because the concept is tricky, and everyone keeps talking about peak-to-trough:
http://www.hackinghat.com/index.php/python/calculating-peak-to-trough-drawdown

So why do i talk about peak-to-peak? Because I am measuring time, and time gets measured peak-to-peak, whereas the depth of the drawdown gets measured peak-to-trough. So this is one rare case where it is commonly accepted to use the same term for two different measurements.

Snap4.jpg

I am putting the link to this drawdown post in the "money management" folder.

Last edited:
and boss, here's some more wisdom for you

You **** sucker, if by some miracle, after years of hard and dedicated work, I turned myself into an amazing machine and created ingenious patterns that allow me to produce 100 units in six hours, and then, you, against my advice, order me to destroy those patterns and that machine that I am, I will not stay 3 extra hours to produce the same 100 units. I will now stay the same six hours and produce just 50 units (of worse quality, too), and then, you idiot, should not be disappointed that I don't extra hours to repair the damage done by your new method. You fool. Just appraise the damage you have done. Don't blame it on anyone else. By being stupid, by giving in to the kaizen team, by not listening to me, by not trusting me.

You made me inefficient, you **** sucker. Now you pay the price. I am not breaking my back to repair the damage you did, against my repeated advice. Now you deal with it. You **** sucker lazy fake kissing up lying idiot.

I am not going to have a heart attack nor a nervous breakdown to suit your needs, you butt kissing liar.

You messed with the wrong dude. I will fight until the death, against your despicable behaviour. The just person does not bow to the dishonest lazy stupid person, even if he's the boss.

I can't fight with arguments, because otherwise I lose my temper and get fired or get a heart attack before that happens. So I have to fight with facts. The facts are: I will work the same six hours as before, and you get what I produce. The rest I don't produce, the parcels I don't open, you can shove everything up your ass.

You spat on my work and on my skills. Now go get help from the other butt-kissing colleagues. Get help from those guys who go on coffee breaks with you all day long. Don't come to the just guy, whom you screwed once too many.

You've just lost the one person who was doing all the work, by pusing him too hard. It's ok for me to work hard, and not get rewarded (never promoted). But it's not ok that you spit on my work, make me destroy it, and then expect me to stay extra hours to fix your mess, and produce the same amount with your faulty procedures.

You despicable idiot. You don't deserve to be a boss, and the guy who put you in charge doesn't deserve to live. That's right, and I will pop a cap in your asses. You read the Bible, Brett?

Last edited:
doing ok

Spoke to father, gave me book on stupidity. Spoke about work of course, and about how I am stuck in a situation where my best option is to avoid losing my temper by putting less effort into my work.

If you're stressing out in order to do everything perfectly and then you get an idiot relaxed and stupid and careless like my boss, who makes you screw everything up, then of course you're going to get mad. The key is to stop caring, in order to preserve your health.

I told him about how today I went on 4 coffee breaks with my colleagues. He said "better four coffee breaks than getting up, leaving and going home". So I now have a total consensus among all my advisors (relatives, parents, friends, and myself) that my focus has to be on self-control and relaxation.

These were my phases:

1) 2007 to 2010: four years of total focus on work, precision, reliability of all kinds. Nobody bothers me or interferes with my statistics. Total independence.
2) 2011 january to april: idiot boss and kaizen team come almost at the same time and my focus stays on perfection but also I start stressing out about the useless meetings, and start warning them of ongoing loss of quality
3) 2011 may: the boss, pushed by the team, orders me to implement harmful changes, and my reaction is losing my temper repeatedly. The boss blames me for problems he caused, and I lose my temper even more, and last friday i leave work after arguing with him. I also reach a point where I realize I can't go any further.
4) 2011 late may: accordingly to #3, during these last few days i have decided a new course of action: I have to put myself in a more relaxed state of mind, since efficiency doesn't matter anymore, except to myself. They blew my work. They don't seem to care right now. I can't keep on focusing on efficiency or I'll get mad again at my boss for simply talking. Everything he says and changes is wrong. Since I cannot afford to get mad any more, the course of action will be:
a) leaving at 3 pm sharp
b) coffee breaks and similar (joking around), just like all the other colleagues - I cannot give my life for the bank while such idiots are around, and especially with such idiots as bosses.

Relaxation, slacking off, coffee breaks. Less focus on work. Less caring about perfection. Less caring about reliability. It sounds crazy, but that's what they've forced me to do.

Last edited:
drawdown is over

Uploading equity line updated until yesterday's trades:

Snap1.jpg

This gives me a lot of confidence and puts me in a good mood. My imaginary friend is saying all sorts of nice things to me.

Imaginary friend: hey, travis, you're amazing.
travis: yes, i know
Imaginary friend: how did you achieve all this?
travis: I keep telling you. Being stubborn, working hard, total focus on the objective and leaving everything else outside your life. You know, this is what i was doing also at work, but now they disappointed me, and they won't get it any more. I'll become like the other employees, much less committed.
Imaginary friend: I admire you so much.
travis: I know. Everyone does.

Re: drawdown is over

Well done on the new a/c Hi - great stuff !

Uploading equity line updated until yesterday's trades:

View attachment 114698

This gives me a lot of confidence and puts me in a good mood. My imaginary friend is saying all sorts of nice things to me.

Imaginary friend: hey, travis, you're amazing.
travis: yes, i know
Imaginary friend: how did you achieve all this?
travis: I keep telling you. Being stubborn, working hard, total focus on the objective and leaving everything else outside your life. You know, this is what i was doing also at work, but now they disappointed me, and they won't get it any more. I'll become like the other employees, much less committed.
Imaginary friend: I admire you so much.
travis: I know. Everyone does.

Thanks. First compliments received from someone other than me and my imaginary friend.

wow wow wow... !

I'll write more later. Very quickly:

Last night - he said - he stayed in the office until 22.00 to revolutionize my stats, and make them simpler. We talked for 30 minutes during which:

1) I told him he's going to regret it
2) the mess will become apparent immediately
3) I will leave at 3 pm and won't stay extra hours to fix his mess

I even left in the middle of the meeting, because - I told him - "I am about to lose my temper, I'll be back in 15 minutes".

I'll write more when I come back from work. He surely loves me, and even more surely he's a total idiot. He actually thinks he's helping me!

Among the other things I told him "you can't improve in 4 hours what took me 4 years to build".

Part of the problem may have been that i am a perfectionist, so I am never totally satisfied with something. So probably this idiot boss (and others, too, maybe) thought "hey, this guy is never happy, so let's not worry about his complaints". The problem is that he was too stupid to understand the nuance between regular complaining and 20 instances of anger fits (which are not usual for me) because of what they're making me do (destroy my work and organization of four years).

oh, yes... not fired yet!

Very very happy that i could fight like a lion for my ideas against the wrong and the injustices and I still did not get fired.

Awesome

I got home. Today, among the other things, I manged to tell my boss:

1) you'll regret it in a few months
2) you can't expect to turn upside down in 4 hours my work of 4 years and have good results
3) you want to be part of this kaizen farce and pretend everything is going well? Fine, but don't count on me to lie like the rest of you.
4) hold on - I am about to have an anger fit. I'll come back in 15 minutes.

After an hour from the heated argument (with two witnesses), he comes to my room, very easygoing, and says "is everything ok?". And I replied "not at all...". And he said "yes, of course, but besides that thing...". Dude, "that thing" is the destruction of four years of my dedicated work. How can one be so stupid as to ask me just one hour after one those arguments if everything is ok?

Anyway, I am satisfied. I managed to say what i think in front of plenty of people, and he still didn't want to listen to me. There's no way they'll accuse me of anything when things will go very wrong, within one month.

I must have had about 10 arguments with the boss, and 10 arguments with the kaizen dicks. The witnesses, in total, have been about 20 people. The voice spreads, so probably by now the whole compliance department knows about this.

There is no way that they will accuse me of the disaster that will happen.

Once again i can confirm that the boss is:

1) a good guy
2) an idiot

Last edited:
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not

Wow, wow, wow!

I came across this movie and I am watching it:
http://www.putlocker.com/file/142J6YJZV4A1P
http://www.letmewatchthis.ch/watch-476725-Dinner-for-Schmucks

Good stuff.

It seriously brings up the topic of accepting compromises for the sake of making money, and this issue is very related to my boss and my other colleagues kissing up to the management and letting very bad stuff happen to our work and office, and not telling those giving them orders that we're going the wrong way and heading for catastrophe.

...Look, there's you and the me that you know. And we love each other and we have a wonderful life. But then there's the me that you don't know. And the me that you don't know has to do things sometimes so that you and the me that you know can live in this nice apartment, and eat at nice restaurants and go to Cabo for Christmas. He takes care of us.

You know what? There should not be any you I don't know.

But there is. You might not like him. I don't like him. I hate him! But we need him. You know? It's like the CIA.

The CIA?

The CIA does some pretty funky, nasty stuff in the shadows, but I, for one, am glad they're there.

The CIA doesn't invite people to dinner to make fun of them.

No. The CIA kills people.

Pretty amazing job at placing some deep stuff in a comedy.

Minute 54 and 35 seconds:
A thousand dollars? Barry, your friend is a high roller. You are hiding something... Oh... you almost had me, but you cannot declare offshore investment losses against future capital gains...

Good movie, yes:

That's right. This movie is a work of art, like the end titles song by Sondre Lerche. Not a "masterpiece", but "work of art". Not a commercial movie for sure, and of course better than any movie with tom cruise.

And of course the sound of this song reminds me the beatles a lot, like a lot of the songs I like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.