My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

Well, get smaller, as they say. That's why i like % account risk model, you get smaller naturally as you lose as long as you update the risk amount each trade.

46% ?? stop trading my friend. Learn how to make money first. I'm still learning.. The most important part is to not lose too much. 20-25% is my cut off. Did you lose big pieces of that on one or two trades?

That sounds pretty serious. Where do you get stopped or run out of margin?

Well it's not ideal of course, but that's the nature of trading this concept. The margin rates are very low, even for the % I'm risking, so margin shouldn't be a problem. I've no stop out level, it's all or nothing you could say! By the way, 90% drawdowns at full optimal number can occur (im not at full) while still recovering to new equity highs. Not many will want that experience naturally...

GTTY.

46% ?? stop trading my friend. Learn how to make money first. I'm still learning.. The most important part is to not lose too much. 20-25% is my cut off. Did you lose big pieces of that on one or two trades?

Thank for the tips buddy just got 2 focus and keep fighting. Positivity wins ou in the end

Lost it on a number of trades - shootin for the stars pal

GTTY

Tooned indeed. Are you being serious about that optimal risk method? You're willing to risk a 90% drawdown for the mere chance that you'll make it all back? If it hasn't worked thus far, please, pause, train, build up like Rocky before the big fight.

I've blown up in the past more than once..take this tip bro. Get the process right first.

Well it's not ideal of course, but that's the nature of trading this concept. The margin rates are very low, even for the % I'm risking, so margin shouldn't be a problem. I've no stop out level, it's all or nothing you could say! By the way, 90% drawdowns at full optimal number can occur (im not at full) while still recovering to new equity highs. Not many will want that experience naturally...

GTTY.

Not ideal? Not many will want a 90% drawdown? You are truly a master of understatement. That's a suicide mission, not a strategy.

Tooned indeed. Are you being serious about that optimal risk method? You're willing to risk a 90% drawdown for the mere chance that you'll make it all back? If it hasn't worked thus far, please, pause, train, build up like Rocky before the big fight.

I've blown up in the past more than once..take this tip bro. Get the process right first.

Well i'm not "expecting" a 90% drawdown, as I'm not trading full Kelly, however a 70-75% DD would be expected at my risk % level. But, anything's possible!

Enjoying the Rocky analogies - keep 'em comin!

GTTY.

Not ideal? Not many will want a 90% drawdown? You are truly a master of understatement. That's a suicide mission, not a strategy.

Haha. Again, it all depends on what you're willing to accept, in order to achieve a goal - even if it's the risk of blowing up! But, as mentioned in the above post, I have good reasons not to expect a DD in the realms of 90%.

GTTY.

P.S - Wouldn't it be great if we had the trading equivalent of this (below) before sizing our trades!

Attachments

• marty!.png
    marty!.png
    220 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
That's the last thing coming from me big guy. Some things really are bigger up close than they look from far away. Good Luck

Haha. Again, it all depends on what you're willing to accept, in order to achieve a goal - even if it's the risk of blowing up! But, as mentioned in the above post, I have good reasons not to expect a DD in the realms of 90%.

GTTY.

P.S - Wouldn't it be great if we had the trading equivalent of this (below) before sizing our trades!

You have all the tools you need.

Attachments

• pin.jpg
    pin.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 141