My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

I think you'll ace this challenge. Apart from a PMA with which you can do anything (I mean it works for all those people on the X-factor), I love it that you've set an achievable target. Anyone else would have tried to turn their £5k into £500k which is the obvious round number, but £400k shows you're really thought about your returns and gone for a realistic target. GL! (although I'm sure you won't need it when you've got hard work and a PMA on your side).

Thanks, i think. You have to have a PMA, otherwise youll get nowhere in life, especially not in competition like trading the markets. I get your tone about my targets; yes - ambitious, no - impossible. It's only 20% a month compounded (forgot to account for my learning time though), and i can still get cash in through other ways (sparking or helping out on site). Thanks for the good luck anyway, even though i reckon youre being a bit sarccy.

Good trading to you.

oh and this is a very interesting thread....

i will be reading.... and maybe commenting here and there.... but i shall remain neutral....

F**k me, if birdman can make that much with cr*ppy lines like that, then anyone can......

Good luck at your trading !
From a very simple money management perspective learn how much risk your £1 per point buys you. £1 p.p.
For example on the FTSE100 £1 per point exposes you to (approx.) £5651 of risk today.
So £1 per point on the FTSE100 buys you more risk than the size of your account £5000.

You are only required to have (approx.) 1% or 2% of that £5651 in your account to place a trade, about £100, but it's still £5651 of risk that you are buying.

and the fact you're oblivious to the futility

i am not oblivious to it, far from it.

however i am trying to live my life more in keeping with my masonic principles, which includes giving people the benefit of the doubt, and certainly helping those whom I can help.

So, until proven otherwise, I have adopted him as a project.

but if/when he proves to be the person you already think he is
(and I, tbh, suspect he may be)
then i shall discard my masonic persona and revert to my former UDA persona.

Thanks, i think. You have to have a PMA, otherwise youll get nowhere in life, especially not in competition like trading the markets. I get your tone about my targets; yes - ambitious, no - impossible. It's only 20% a month compounded (forgot to account for my learning time though), and i can still get cash in through other ways (sparking or helping out on site). Thanks for the good luck anyway, even though i reckon youre being a bit sarccy.

Good trading to you.

Looking Good Billy Ray - YouTube

PMA is so underestimated. Look at how positive Winthorpe, and Billy-ray, are. One of the modules that i teach covers PMA, especially when dealing with underhand spreadbetting firms and spot forex brokers.

oh and this is a very interesting thread....

i will be reading.... and maybe commenting here and there.... but i shall remain neutral....

Thanks for stopping by, stay tuned.

Good trading to you.

Good luck at your trading !
From a very simple money management perspective learn how much risk your £1 per point buys you. £1 p.p.
For example on the FTSE100 £1 per point exposes you to (approx.) £5651 of risk today.
So £1 per point on the FTSE100 buys you more risk than the size of your account £5000.

You are only required to have (approx.) 1% or 2% of that £5651 in your account to place a trade, about £100, but it's still £5651 of risk that you are buying.

Yep wise words. I looked at the margin bit of IG's guide but it went over my head if im honest. Thanks for the explanation.

Good trading to you.

P.S - I might message you if im stuck on "margin" things if that's alright?

Looking Good Billy Ray - YouTube

PMA is so underestimated. Look at how positive Winthorpe, and Billy-ray, are. One of the modules that i teach covers PMA, especially when dealing with underhand spreadbetting firms and spot forex brokers.

Great PMA vid Kimo. That's the kind of life im going to have after all this is over.

Your module sounds interesting...you must be pretty busy, as ive heard a lot of disreputable speadbetting firms just make their own prices and close out customer's positions at their own will! That much sap on your PMA, but if you help people with that, cool!

Good trading to you.

Much better sleep last night. I listenend to one of those CD's with all the dolphins and whale noises on after the specials(quality outfit), which must've helped me relax as i cant remember getting up to turn off the player :LOL:

Got a full day of reading and soaking planned. Will be covering a lot of topics so apologies if im slow in getting back to any of you. I think i need to start buying the FT again so ive got "my finger on the pulse" of news as it happens. I bought it regularly ages ago when Adrian Chiles still used to be on working Lunch. He said the pound was going to appreciate against the dollar over the next few months, so i double checked this with the FT, and both were saying the same. That's when i knew i had a trade on! Cashed out a few months later for a nice little profit! I could do with some more trading like that over the next year or 2 (y).

Coffee, cereal, read and soak.