Message For Ftse Traders......

OK, are we sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin...

This is the first chart I have posted and I would be grateful for some feedback (and hopefully confirmation).

I know it looks like a horrific scene out of Resident Evil, but stay with me... I am looking to see a bounce off the what I hope will be resistance where I have placed the diddy red arrow. I know the horizontal lines look random, but they are based on data that cannot be seen in full.

I'm not trading this because I am rather busy today, but if I were, I beleive I would be looking for confirmation of rejection and probably aiming for 3600ish.

Does anyone agree or think I've been at the brandy?

Many thanks,

S

I got the the same resistance level on my graph - comes from a gap at the end of February. It's bounced down big time from it. I'm starting to think that could be the day high and we're down from here on... could be wrong.. I've been wrong quite a lot these last two days

hi guys Im back after long soak in the tub
gone short @ 3703 stop @ 3709

stopped out,

to explain it was trying something i came across the other day , guess i didn't under stand it properly or it just does not work

Hmmm...

I now beleive there's an upward channel formed and it could go either way. So I reckon place an order to buy at 3773 and an order to sell at 3679. I'm not actually going to place the trade because I'm still getting to grips with the live thang, but I'm watching with interest...

Attachments

• ftse101.gif
    ftse101.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 103
I now beleive there's an upward channel formed and it could go either way. So I reckon place an order to buy at 3773 and an order to sell at 3679. I'm not actually going to place the trade because I'm still getting to grips with the live thang, but I'm watching with interest...

Maybe. There may be a bounce up at 3683 but these entries have to be taken, very much, with a pinch of salt and trigger fingers.

I've been up and down today with a total of 58 points. I'm very pleased, especially as I was expecting a strong rise but I haven't had a coffee, yet. Going to have one now, though. :)

Split

Come back from my lecture to see an interesting divergence...

Dax + 60 but FTSE -8?

These usually track each other fairly accuratly.

Come back from my lecture to see an interesting divergence...

Dax + 60 but FTSE -8?

These usually track each other fairly accuratly.

If you or anyone can shed any light on this, I would be glad. I noticed yesterday that they were holding hands, but didn't know if this was a regular thing.

nice little spike there, shame i'm not trading or could have nicked a good 20 ticks

It was indeed, but unfortunately I didn't see it as a spike. I saw it as confirmation that things were going my way. Then it all slipped back :( Got out breakeven though, so all is still well!

this mkt is not going anywhere fast, i wont post for a while as i am looking for a break out and will get topped and tailed for a while.

this mkt is not going anywhere fast, i wont post for a while as i am looking for a break out and will get topped and tailed for a while.

hanging on to long for 3672 moved the stop to 3667 so worse case lose 5 but will exit for 10 unless it looks lke a stron move up in which case i will stay in