Message For Ftse Traders......

This is crazy. Went long again - another 40 points! In 20 seconds, well not quite...

Yeah - I just grabbed 40 points off end of market rally! Could have grabbed 100+ but too scared! :LOL:

Did you see the secret signal of the bottom?

no real long positions until there is a breach above 3600-3650 on the daily.there might be some attractive posiotions on lower timeframe /box size charts
chart is eod 50 point box size by 2 reversal ie 100 points needed to change column direction.3450 area held the down swing on 2 occasions on this eod chart,so it is a relatively strong support .ie it held the downswing,despite all the bad news.we need to see some base building with 3450 holding for longs.no wild swings.with a good move above 3650,with 3650 holding as support
downwards,then a breach of 3450 ,and that area holding as resistance.
the last 2 downward columns have been long,with only relatively small retraces.so the downward swing was strong.however 3450 held this in.so ,really a strong downswing witha strong support holding it.could be difficult to call for early next week
any big news items next week.??

Attachments

• ukx.jpg
    ukx.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 143
I had two trades this morning- The 2nd one, I tried to continue my shorting but it faded out and I lost 8 points. The 1st was very good and I got about 50 points from it.

Lots of good stuff in the afternoon, I see. Glad you did well, Tennisball.

Attachments

• March 6 FT.JPG
    March 6 FT.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 133
S & P 500
eod chart.box size is 1% /log plot
1 box reversal/wyckoff configuration.
still bearish.no signs of any reversal as yet.althought the last downward thrust is a short column,if it revrses
i am thinking that the wild swings upward are people who are getting sucked in because the market is so oversold

Attachments

• S&P 500.jpg
    S&P 500.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 116
I suppose there must be a bottom, somewhere, but shorting for me is the most profitable way to go, always providing that one waits, in the mornings, for a rally that will terminate in the high for the morning and, if lucky, for the day. Wall Street does result in Footsie having large reversals, though, so I split highs and bottoms into morning and afternoons, now.

Hi,

does anyone know where i can overlay live charts? I would like to overlay the S&P with the FTSE as i think you could do some interesting things, i know on yahoo you can do comparison charts but they arent really live enough and dont have enough charting tools.

francis
i can overlay the ftse against the s &p on a daily chart.i need to know what look back peiod you want.the chart is relative overlay.i can post it on this board if you want
intraday,i can get this from another trader who has up data realtime
#not sure what you want you wnt from this

s & p intraday
hourly data..6 points box size /quite large.3 reversal
hilo data plot
the counting column is arrowed for a vertical count.gives a target of of 640 area

Attachments

• US SPX500 (-).png
    US SPX500 (-).png
    12.1 KB · Views: 105
Hello guys,

After receiving several emails and private messages I have decided to create a separate thread for all those interested in my analysis and live calls that I make for my own trades.

I have been thinking about it for a few days now but I didn't want to sound arrogant and proud by creating my own thread. I have thought long and hard and after the hate messages I received and after speaking to a few people it was the best idea.

I have decided on this for a number of reasons.

1. I felt that I was over congesting and taking over the previous thread and I may have upset a few people hence the reason why I think I received some nasty private messages.

2. I have been asked by several people for help and I think it is pertinent for me to set up a different thread to help them.

3. This will help the previous thread flow better without any Newbies asking questions in between posts, well I certainly hope so.

4. Everybody will be more than welcome on my thread without any patronising answers or replies. I feel that no one is endowed with knowledge, we all have to go through the tedious process of acquiring it.

5. My own thread will act as a journal for my trades, just so that I can go back and monitor to see what I did wrong and prevent it happening again.

I have sincerely enjoyed being on this thread and will try to keep in touch with people and post now and again.

thank you for your understanding

The view published here is my own, based on my own technical analysis. It is not intended as investment advice; what you do with it is entirely your choice.

Everybody is welcome on my thread and i will be happy to greet everyone

So lets start to post some charts and analysis for Monday now guys .......

here is the link under UK indices
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/uk-...alls-ftse-dax-s-p-aimed-help-new-traders.html

The Best of Luck wirh your thread, WS.

I'd like to say, though, that among the several hate mails you say that you received, my name was not among them.

Having said that, I believe that your trading style needs a thread of its own simply because of its size. I finish trading at 1330 and, when I came back to the thread I found that I had to troll through a dozen pages, so I had to skip, probably missing stuff that would have interested me. . Popularity, indeed! That speaks for itself and the thread needed to divide.

Good trading,

Split

Yeah hopefully this thread can become a bit more condensed, the amount of pages it was going through a day was pretty silly.

Good luck with your new one, ill be sure to look in.

Hi,

does anyone know where i can overlay live charts? I would like to overlay the S&P with the FTSE as i think you could do some interesting things, i know on yahoo you can do comparison charts but they arent really live enough and dont have enough charting tools.

The IG charting package will allow you to do simple comparisons i.e 2 securities overlaid on the same graph. Haven't explored this too much though. CQG is great and does too plus you can do arithmetic comparisions like plot the difference between securities etc this is much more useful but its pricy

Asian session posted more losses, but futures are still higher. Should be interesting to see if the market starts this rally everyone had been talking about.

Asian session posted more losses, but futures are still higher. Should be interesting to see if the market starts this rally everyone had been talking about.

A lot of the sunday papers are predicting a rally this week - could be wave 4 if you prescribe to that sort of thing

On friday, at close the Dow bounced off a level from back in 1997! Daylight saving clock changes coming in the US as well today... more complications to work out.