Message For Ftse Traders......

good morning to you all people...............

so who went long in the morning for nice tidy profit.............

I certainly would have but need to teach myself discipline......

but I must confess I did trade long on DOW last night and made 30 points!! huh hum!!

Gotta go out this morning. Sorry for my over-excitement - I'm very new to this and am pleased to be picking things up. Just have to keep telling myself - I entered on the daily chart, I'll exit on the daily chart. Discipline, discipline, discipline. Have fun and I may pop back later... S

Morning gents. Has anyone noticed a strange and potentially nasty bug in IG charts? I've drawn an upsloaping line on my daily dax but it appears as a downsloaping line in my 1 minute - anything below 5 minutes changes slope - yuk!

Morning gents. Has anyone noticed a strange and potentially nasty bug in IG charts? I've drawn an upsloaping line on my daily dax but it appears as a downsloaping line in my 1 minute - anything below 5 minutes changes slope - yuk!

Mine seems OK but I haven't looked at 1 min...

tisk tisk - typos - "sloping" is the correct spelling. Anyway - mailed IG about this problem - I'm finding it to be a pain.

Good work KJ. I was long at 4166 earlier. Should've taken 15 pts but held out for 4200. Got stopped out in the end! Doh.

Mine seems OK but I haven't looked at 1 min...

Try this - using the "list box" bring up two seperate 1 min charts of the same product. Change one of the charts to show daily data then draw a trendline on it - on my IG the trendline line on the 1 minute chart is misaligned and of different slope. Please tell me I'm not insane??

Im sure that was happening to me yesterday on capital spreads which uses the same charting system.

Post if ig respond to your email!

Try this - using the "list box" bring up two seperate 1 min charts of the same product. Change one of the charts to show daily data then draw a trendline on it - on my IG the trendline line on the 1 minute chart is misaligned and of different slope. Please tell me I'm not insane??

you are not insane.........

anything else do let me know!!!

Closed at 4155 for 21 points

I think it will go further but as Sir WIlliam says - leave a dollar for the next guy...

KJ

haha....well said my friend!!

good trade ...........nice exit and entry!!

Thank you!! Are you trading today or watching from the sidelines? I think the Dax might be interesting to watch as it is pretty out of balance at the moment. I'm looking for it to break 4400....

Thank you!! Are you trading today or watching from the sidelines? I think the Dax might be interesting to watch as it is pretty out of balance at the moment. I'm looking for it to break 4400....

just watching and nurturing self discipline....haha!!

I tried to ring you last night but it went to voicemail...

currently working till 12 and then I will give you my view for the day?

just watching and nurturing self discipline....haha!!

I tried to ring you last night but it went to voicemail...

currently working till 12 and then I will give you my view for the day?

Sorry - probably on the phone to WR discussing the indices!!! I'll pm you my number again though in case I gave you the wrong one!!