Message For Ftse Traders......

yeah...its in the amibroker library.other users saying that there some small errors in the code.but the basics i think are there.
wallstreet / kitejedi are you progarmmers.???

Haha - I feel like a programmer now!!! I've been trying to copy tums's code into ig and prorealtime indicator creation but keep on getting error messages. Will give the other one a go as well. Thanks for taking the time to research this.
KJ

market profile.you have to be careful with copyright laws.when quotetracker put it on,cbot made them take it off as they had not paid any royalties to stiedlmayer or cbot

I was just watching the weekend video from inthemoneystocks and the way he is REALLY good at drawing daily levels got me thinking.

How do you what time frame to be plotting your trend lines from? Clearly daily highs and lows are universal, but in terms of trendlines, what time frames do you use?

You could argue that drawing them on the time frame you trade in is best, but the whole point of trendlines is that you have to be looking at the same thing as everyone else, no point in you seeing a trend on a 4min chart (or something equally obscure) as noone else will see it and act on it.

hourly? 15 min?

What are your thoughts.

I was just watching the weekend video from inthemoneystocks and the way he is REALLY good at drawing daily levels got me thinking.

How do you what time frame to be plotting your trend lines from? Clearly daily highs and lows are universal, but in terms of trendlines, what time frames do you use?

You could argue that drawing them on the time frame you trade in is best, but the whole point of trendlines is that you have to be looking at the same thing as everyone else, no point in you seeing a trend on a 4min chart (or something equally obscure) as noone else will see it and act on it.

hourly? 15 min?

What are your thoughts.

Depends what charting software you use but one of the things I like about IG (Prorealtime) is that the trendlines / S&R etc. you draw on in a higher time frame remain on the chart in lower timeframes and not vice versa. I start with a weekly chart for overview, draw on S&R and trendlines in daily and then trade on 30 minute charts (and sometimes 15 for a specific set-up I use). Having spent the weekend reading the bulk of the truly amazing james16 thread I am going to be looking a lot harder at higher tf's in the future as well. For anyone delving into market profile, I think the norm is to use 30 minute charts for initial balance - hence why I use 30 min charts!!
Hope this helps
KJ

kitejedi.i have read some of the james 16 thread.it is very long and i have missed many points.could you summarise the main points in that thread
thanks

hourly? 15 min?

What are your thoughts.

As stated in my previous posts I don't have any magic formula.........

I just keep it simple!!

trendlines, support lines, pivots, adding fibonacci in there soon....20.50 & 200 MA!!

I use 60 min and 10 min charts, sometimes 5 for a nice entry/exit!!

but I always aim to scalp 10-20 points a time so it may not work for you if you want to take more points than that?

If I intend to take more than 20 points then I tend to use a 4 hr chart as well?

kitejedi.i have read some of the james 16 thread.it is very long and i have missed many points.could you summarise the main points in that thread
thanks

Long??? It's only 1431 pages...... In essence James covers a number of simple set-ups that are purely based on price action. I would strongly recommend reading the first 5 pages as this gives the bulk of the information - slightly difficult to summarise as there is a lot of information and the charts do the talking best. I read the first 20 pages which covered lots more examples and also reinforces some important rules such as trading on higher timeframes. I'm pretty sure there is extensive coverage of this thread here on T2W as well but I'm not sure where - possibly on one of trader dante's threads.

I think this is essential reading for any newish traders.

KJ

Morning guys,

I've had a look around, but can someone please link me to the fabled James16 thread? Sounds like there's some good reading to be had in there.

Just started re-reading 'Reminicences' at the weekend. Excellent stuff. :)

Morning guys,

I've had a look around, but can someone please link me to the fabled James16 thread? Sounds like there's some good reading to be had in there.

Just started re-reading 'Reminicences' at the weekend. Excellent stuff. :)

just google james16

Morning all,

Not around much today, but think with the US hols it is likely to be sideways. (famous last words!) Support coming in at 4130 ish where we have bounced twice, a break of this sees no major support until 4030-4040 level. Updide we have a gap to trade too.

Good Morning!

I went long first thing by means of a market order with CS and just experienced a rather poor fill... Req'd 4163 and got filled at 4172! Damn cheeky! I'll be holding this baby until I've got my points back!

I thought I'd put a market order in because they didn't go live at 8.05 this morning (!) D'you think I'd have been better waiting 'til they'd gone live, or would the difference still have been a pooey?

PS My stop is at 4110. I shall be holding this one all week and if it all goes wrong I'll sulk...

good morning to you all people...............

so who went long in the morning for nice tidy profit.............