Message For Ftse Traders......

Thanks - for anyone that's interested I think this article merits a read. I find the T2W knowledge base very useful and this article basically mirrors how my trading has gone so far today. In other words I should have avoided my 3rd trade of the day and probably gone for a walk or something!!!

T2W Day Trading & Forex Community

All the best
KJ

Thanks for the link KJ. I'll have to read it thoroughly, but looks like some good advice in there.

I may well abandon trading today, can't see anything much will happen (yet again, famous last words!!)

Trading like a spaz today - I'll call it a day and tune back in tomorrow when the US is alive again. Good luck gents.

I am going out now but have placed the following OCO orders:

Long @ 4178
Stop @ 4156
Target @ 4210

Short @ 4155
Stop @ 4175
Target @ 4130

This is following my weekend reading the James 16 thread. There is a nice inside bar forming on the 4 hour chart (I think).

We'll see what happens...

Long @ 4178
Stop @ 4156
Target @ 4210

Short @ 4155
Stop @ 4175
Target @ 4130

This is following my weekend reading the James 16 thread. There is a nice inside bar forming on the 4 hour chart (I think).

Here's what I'm seeing. Would appreciate comments from those more experienced as I hope I'm seeing this right??

Inside Bar.jpg

Long @ 4178
Stop @ 4156
Target @ 4210

Short @ 4155
Stop @ 4175
Target @ 4130

Yeah, I had the same idea but with poor execution - got filled at 4173 by a spike then stopped out by too tight a stop. I'm such a noob!

I'm just over B/E today. Calling it a day as I think it'll spend the rest of the day meandering without any real breaks.

Here's what I'm seeing. Would appreciate comments from those more experienced as I hope I'm seeing this right??

View attachment 48682

Yes, exactly what I am seeing too.

YouTube - Phil Newton's Break out Strategy - Part 2

I was just watching Phil Newtons training video for a breakout strategy on you tube. Basically he waits for a pull back, before buying/selling the breakout. Makes a lots of sense, especially in a volatile market, like today!! I jest ;)

Might be of interest to a few people, and he has loads of training vids on there, and with a quite simple methodology.

He is a Forex trader, but I'm sure much of what he's talking about can be applied to indices and equities, metals.

i have a message for ftse traders, grab a beer and dust off ur best razz mag and have a tussle....much more enjoyable than trading today.

I am taking the advice of Oscar, dont bother with the day before and the day of a holiday (which today is).

Back in tomorrow.

No razz mags to hand so am watching the Saint instead.......

Blimey come back from watching the box and the FTSE has finally moved. My short was filled and the limit has just closed for 25 points. That's me done for the day - I think one of my best days ever so am going to walk away whilst ahead....

KJ

Blimey come back from watching the box and the FTSE has finally moved. My short was filled and the limit has just closed for 25 points. That's me done for the day - I think one of my best days ever so am going to walk away whilst ahead....

KJ

Well done

KJ
Well done KJ,
Ive been loking for opportunities, but reluctant as its U.S. holiday, didnt want to get sucked in but really tempted to lace a trade. But ill have to fight the urge not too... :)
Hopefully tomorrow..

Well done KJ,
Ive been loking for opportunities, but reluctant as its U.S. holiday, didnt want to get sucked in but really tempted to lace a trade. But ill have to fight the urge not too... :)
Hopefully tomorrow..

Thanks Guys. Am really chuffed that a weekend spent reading the James15 thread should pay dividends quite so quickly. The thing I have learnt is that the bigger (4h) timeframe definitely works for me in identifying those sorts of set-ups.
Catch you all tomorrow. If I don't turn off my PC I'll get sucked into trading some more and give it all back......
KJ

Well done KJ,
Hopefully tomorrow..

yes my friend, you must fight on.......

Banks sold off = FTSE sell off

i have a message for ftse traders, grab a beer and dust off ur best razz mag and have a tussle....much more enjoyable than trading today.

Hi mate,

not seen you on here for a while, wwhat do you think of Hiddink? and the "special ones2 comments is coming home?