Member reputation system faults?

Item 16 T2W Retail traders dressing gown with extra large munchie pockets.1500 points

Hmm, perhaps members can redeem their points with T2W, or use them like a set of Green Shield Stamps.

Now heres the good bit T2W, you get some goodies, mugs cereal bowls, T2W endorsed retail traders trading dressing gown, matchin carpet slippers. And eh voila.. every so often we exchange our points reset to zero and make use of our functioning trading goodies..

Maybe office based traders could have the calender for work or something unless they are allowed dressing gowns, boxers and flips flops at work......

Bit of fun and Trade2win gets to pump out branded functional gifts to boot..... and/or in association with sponsored by etc.......

Hmm, perhaps members can redeem their points with T2W, or use them like a set of Green Shield Stamps.

Now heres the good bit T2W, you get some goodies, mugs cereal bowls, T2W endorsed retail traders trading dressing gown, matchin carpet slippers. And eh voila.. every so often we exchange our points reset to zero and make use of our functioning trading goodies..

Maybe office based traders could have the calender for work or something unless they are allowed dressing gowns, boxers and flips flops at work......

Bit of fun and Trade2win gets to pump out branded functional gifts to boot..... and/or in association with sponsored by etc.......

I can live with that :)

Is 6 light freen squares, the maximum number of light green squares you can get, as i see several members with 6 Light Green squares, but none with more:?:

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have an unlimited number of light green squares, as presumably the member continues to earn points for approve comments beyond the 1500 point threshold for 6 light green squares:?:
If this is the case, surely it would be a better system if they had eg. 10 light green squares that reflected their points total :idea: :?:

Also, how does the points system work again:?:
Something about 1 point for every 6 months of membership, plus so many points per greeen square and per light green square:?:

Thanks a lot.

PS. The original thread about the MRS seems to have disappeared also.

This is the points system as I understand it. It may not be correct, so please only use as a rough guide.

For every 6 months of membership, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.

For every 200 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.

For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.

Regarding the question of dots stopping at a certain level, sorry I don't know why, I will assume 1500 points was as far as they got when implementing the system, admin will have to answer that one and tell us if it will go further, I'm sure it will :)

Lightning

Perhaps there shoud be an additional designation for members who have "maxed out" (is there an alternative to these f****** awful Americanisms?).

What about the Order of Lenin for each "max out"?

Grant.

The 6 light green dots is not the end of the status: For example you can have 6 light green dots and have a status of:

"Utterly Indispensable"

or

"Clearly deserves a glittering award"

There may even be more and the only thing that stops is the number of dots that you have but the status does appear to continue to change.

Paul

This is the points system as I understand it. It may not be correct, so please only use as a rough guide.

For every 6 months of membership, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.

For every 200 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.

For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.

Regarding the question of dots stopping at a certain level, sorry I don't know why, I will assume 1500 points was as far as they got when implementing the system, admin will have to answer that one and tell us if it will go further, I'm sure it will :)

Lightning

Yes, it would add value to the MRS if this was extended further, so u could see just exactly how many light green dots a member has got (rossored, sharky, EK1) :idea: .

1500 = 6 LG dots
1700 - 7 LG dots
1900 - 8 LG dots etc. etc. :idea:

Why place a limit on it? :confused:

Yes, it would add value to the MRS if this was extended further, so u could see just exactly how many light green dots a member has got (rossored, sharky, EK1) :idea: .

1500 = 6 LG dots
1700 - 7 LG dots
1900 - 8 LG dots etc. etc. :idea:

Why place a limit on it? :confused:

They have to put a limit on. Have a read through this link

Go to the user reputation part and it will explain you need to set certain levels.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/

Why anybody cares about reputation I will never know.

JK

They have to put a limit on. Have a read through this link

Go to the user reputation part and it will explain you need to set certain levels.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/

Why anybody cares about reputation I will never know.

JK

Interesting. I presume this shows that the majority of forums are designed/developed from the same basic template. Most forums that i come across are basically in this format.

Last edited:
Interesting. I presume this shows that the majority of forums are designed/developed from the same basic template. Most forums that i come across are basically in this format.

Thats right - it costs £90 + a lot of time and effort to get all you need.

Just the mass membership and content that separates good from bad - the profitable from the wastes of time.

JK

Wot no more dots

:eek: surely the rep system hasn't run out of road :LOL:

They think it's all over....it is now :LOL:

Last edited:
late breaking dots update news

All is not lost rep fans, I have seen the light...a plug-in is available to extend the dots :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

"This hack extends the existing reputation display system from just the light/dark green pips to green and golden pips, and then golden stars as the pips limit is reached.

The dark green pips are followed by light green pips, which are then followed by 'golden' pips. When the limit these can display is reached, the display is prefixed by a golden Star"

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=122589

If I get enough bad dots, does it all go red? Or do you get banned before it gets to that stage? :D

Lightning's wish has come true... we've implemented the plug-in he requested, so now there is no longer any limit on the display of reputation.

This hack extends the existing reputation display system from just the light/dark green pips to green and golden pips, and then golden stars as the pips limit is reached.

The dark green pips are followed by light green pips, which are then followed by 'golden' pips. When the limit these can display is reached, the display is prefixed by a golden Star, and started again. If your reputation is zero then the neutral grey pip is displayed. Negative reputations are displayed in a similar manner using light and dark red pips and stars.

Each time you 'lap' the limit of the pips display, another star is added. The number of stars in unlimited.

Attachments

• rep1.jpg
    rep1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 444
  • rep2.jpg
    rep2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 450
I've noticed something strange though,... everbody's dots has been decreased as of now? Is this normal? For instance yesterday I had 6 light green pips next to my name, now I see 4.

Lightning's wish has come true... we've implemented the plug-in he requested, so now there is no longer any limit on the display of reputation.

This hack extends the existing reputation display system from just the light/dark green pips to green and golden pips, and then golden stars as the pips limit is reached.

The dark green pips are followed by light green pips, which are then followed by 'golden' pips. When the limit these can display is reached, the display is prefixed by a golden Star, and started again. If your reputation is zero then the neutral grey pip is displayed. Negative reputations are displayed in a similar manner using light and dark red pips and stars.

Each time you 'lap' the limit of the pips display, another star is added. The number of stars in unlimited.

But you are still "Utterly Indispensable" as are those members with more dots including new yellow ones.

Paul