cotton - short
silver - short

ten year - out
s&p - out
copper - out

crude - taken the loss
euro - taken loss
gbp - taken loss

3 losing markets, but copper alone covers then and wont be trading FX with my strategy anymore.

will look for selling opportunity in the SP if i see a potential collapse, but wudnt advise others be in this market at all

Some very nice calls there and I agree with lookin to short s&p (emini). Just out of curiosity, why do you think FX causes some problems with your strategy? Seems to be working well otherwise.

Peter

ADDED: You must have an iron stomach to be swing trading some of those markets (y)

main reason fx doesn't seem to be working as the futures are only a small part of the market, cant get into the right part of the information curve in fx like i can with pit traded commods

i think its worth a go on smaller size

I'd wait until the asian markets are all open and see if it really wants to move down. I suspect it will but would like to see some confirmation. Also in light of recent volatility smaller size is smarter.

Peter

main reason fx doesn't seem to be working as the futures are only a small part of the market, cant get into the right part of the information curve in fx like i can with pit traded commods

Cool. I was thinking along those lines a bit. FX futures not as actively traded. Too much spot activity.

Thanks,

Peter

Breaking News: Angela Merkel Coalition Loses Majority In German State Vote According To Exit Polls

odds of the 500bil bailout happening, when the party planning on doing it may not have the power to do so, slim to none?

Yep - the last thing I expected to see at 6.30 was it being up another 10pts. Sitting out for a while until I can see what's going on.

This is just a temporary breather. Nothing has really changed, the debt continues to grow. Watch out for the UK gilt auction tomorrow, could be interesting.

omg sp futures were up 55 handles at the higher over night, this is INSANER. recepie for disaster. when the market starts these wild swings in both direction is spells very bad news.

doesnt help fed have opened the swap lines to all european central banks, im hearing a trillion dollars??

im looking at the news today, all i see is acts of desperation. euro rip imo

we know what happaned last time BOE tried to procect the pound from nasty mr druckenmillar

I think so. But if they manage to slow its descent, that probably doesn't hurt. But at some point the Germans are going to start kicking back against this nonsense. They have to work 10+ years longer than the Greeks to pay for their profligacy? These measures today are simply carte blanche for Club Med to carry on as they were. Don't believe this austerity bill in Greece ---- those people don't even pay their taxes, what are the odds of them conforming to something imposed by outsiders?

Lol what about that euro trade you did 4 weeks ago which gapped up, why didn't you close that (think there was 3:1).

On another note, isn't odt ban about to be lifted today/tomorrow.

Come on then, Genics. What you make of this mess?

hmm so which previously banned member are you?

as for the mess, well its going to end badly. we have seen this before late 2008, these huge up and down swings on bailouts etc. i wouldnt advise anyone tries to trade this unless you are a seasoned vet! imho.