market direction

Dunno... don't you think that gold push may be a bit kneejerk/flight followed by some momentum?
If the S&P does well after last weeks dip then you never know. Japanese want a cap on issuance and euro denominations aren't looking to good at the moment. Funds are gonna need an income stream from somewhere so why not benefit from the book-cooking?

Hey N R what happened with your silver trade? Just noticed thats shot up like a biatch. Did you get out? You still bearish long term?

Sam.

yeh had to scratch 10,000 contracts.

nah i dunno not even been at my desk today, got severe food poisining at the moment. im like the dow on thursday, spewing my guts all over the place

yeh had to scratch 10,000 contracts.

nah i dunno not even been at my desk today, got severe food poisining at the moment. im like the dow on thursday, spewing my guts all over the place

Thanks for that visual...
Hope you feel better.

Peter

I was thinking gold short might be good around 1245/50, down to around 1200 area with wide stop. I haven't checked the options but imagine they are a bit expensive for the time being.

Peter

options, i'm learning about them at the moment; simply as a hedging method.

Can you tell me though, why people use synthetics rather than placing a protective call/put and vice versa? lemme guess- synthetics increase your breakeven point?

main reason for synthetics is, with posistion trading its very very hard to judge how long you will be in the trade for. options expire, futures dont (you just roll them)