market direction

Weekly %

Attachments

• weekly performance 7May.png
    weekly performance 7May.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 249
not going to be making anymore forex related posistions/calls. just doesnt gel well with my setup and has put a real dent in the track record this week. commodities only. (inc SP and TY)

crude has been a total bitch aswell, a bit annoyed tbh. there are two main components to the setup. most times the two components show the same thing, but in crude, one was saying potentially short, one said potentially long. i went with the long view as i believed that component to be more important in this case, i was wrong. chalk that up as a lesson not to take conflicted position. anyway this is why we hedge, limited loss.

so basically eaten the loss on pound euro and crude. but the flip side is the copper trade alone covered all those loses, not to mention the TY and ES trades. charts tomorrow, but for now im shattered.

Last edited:
not going to be making anymore forex related posistions/calls. just doesnt gel well with my setup and has put a real dent in the track record this week. commodities only. (inc SP and TY).

Try day trading forex with us on leovirgo's thread. Maybe you can learn a thing or 2 :p :LOL:

Peter

I don't know. I go long at teatime on Thursday evening. I get an sms telling me I've been stopped out whilst I'm having election night beer/curry. I get back in at 1.30am and look at charts. I don't trade yesterday due to hangover.

Has the whole world gone crazy whilst I was up the pub?

I don't know. I go long at teatime on Thursday evening. I get an sms telling me I've been stopped out whilst I'm having election night beer/curry. I get back in at 1.30am and look at charts. I don't trade yesterday due to hangover.

Has the whole world gone crazy whilst I was up the pub?

Well...yes

Everyones heard this but easier to listen via youtube.

Just incase you missed it rob:

When I got the text indicating I'd been stopped out, I kind of assumed that there had been some selling pushing into the January congestion area. I never expected to see a wholesale sell-off of such ferocity at that level.

I'm a bit miffed about missing trading it but I suspect I would have just sat there dumbstruck whilst it happened anyway.

When I looked yesterday, it didn't look like an NFP day, so that and the hangover compelled me to stay out. I might leave it on Monday too - wait for things to settle down a bit and get a feel.

That audio is bonkers.

Last edited:
waterfield, Thank you for the clip.
second one was just classic. one min. he was saying this was buying opporunity, then second, this was sthe tart of bear market....LOL. just LOL...:)

Although it's somewhat amusing how emotional he gets, the most important part of the second video is the point he says "cancel all orders" which is more or less the exact low.

I've changed my mind on live trading rooms. They are invaluable.

Reminds me of the day in '08, I think it was, when they were handing out print outs on the floor to all the traders with the S&P limit down levels for the day.

Only time I've ever seen the S&P trade limit up.

usd and jpy yields arnt the same. BOJ base rate is .1%, FED is .25%. when your short a few billion .15% matters.

go stop coming on my thread and telling me im wrong about something, when im not lol.

just to add to this which i forgot to make clear. the carry is not just collecting the carry from the differnt interest rates.

the real carry (which is mere mortals cant do) is borrowing yen, buying dollars then buying stocks/treasuries/corporate debt. so your carry turns into .1% > 5% (or what ever yield you can get on stocks etc)

Buy cable on the open. Conservatives forming a coallition with liberal democrats should be extremely positive for the pound. Also should have a knock on effect with the FTSE futures.