market direction

NYSE Invokes Rule 48

get ready for some serious volatility, a good play could be long the VIX

i hope you're right.
I've got resting orders for Sell Stop and Buy Stops in, just waiting for a move in either direction (preferable Down as targets are more attractive)

but Lord, please let's see some movement ferfuxake !!

short copper, short soybeans (had this one on for a few weeks now), long gold, short nat gas (reckon that will get stopped before too long)

ok , what's today's call. equities gonna hang in there or dump again ? i have to say, the deal that labour is stitching up with the liberals is scary as hell, hard to see that as anything but gbp negative.

ok , what's today's call. equities gonna hang in there or dump again ? i have to say, the deal that labour is stitching up with the liberals is scary as hell, hard to see that as anything but gbp negative.
Agreed GBP should get hammered if we get LIBLab coalition - it really would be unf*ckingbelievable - My call is long Gold - i know it's a very crowded trade - but if Europe are going to print a load of money - inflation will be an issue - i cant think of any other asset class to put money in.

I'm struggling to see why gold isn't a good buy. Obviously depends on how you get in and your money management etc, but the entire western world is collapsing under unprecedented debt and the only recourse is to inflate its way out.

Maybe if the global economy slumps again, all commodity prices will fall? But if not long, I think gold is a buy on dips.

I'm struggling to see why gold isn't a good buy. Obviously depends on how you get in and your money management etc, but the entire western world is collapsing under unprecedented debt and the only recourse is to inflate its way out.

Maybe if the global economy slumps again, all commodity prices will fall? But if not long, I think gold is a buy on dips.

Gold edges up - I agree with you - buying the dips is probably safest way to trade this one seeing as it is a crowded trade - I just cant think of any asset class that I would be comfortable putting money in - I have a really bad feeling about this mess the global economy is in - The grown ups are not in charge - as soon as people figure out what has happened I think it will all kick off.

Gold edges up - I agree with you - buying the dips is probably safest way to trade this one seeing as it is a crowded trade - I just cant think of any asset class that I would be comfortable putting money in - I have a really bad feeling about this mess the global economy is in - The grown ups are not in charge - as soon as people figure out what has happened I think it will all kick off.

Commodities are diverging, uptrend in gold but downtrend forming in copper, soybeans, nat gas and so on. If oil starts to turn down then that could be the sign of another downturn coming.

Commodities are diverging, uptrend in gold but downtrend forming in copper, soybeans, nat gas and so on. If oil starts to turn down then that could be the sign of another downturn coming.

Oil is going to $60 - Oil is a barometer for Global growth - cant imagine where any growth is going to come from.