market direction

That USD/Yens going up. Just like the stock market. There is a reason why it's called a flush out.

****ing awsome. this is what im devistating for missing live as i listen to bens traders audio every day, was ****in asleep and missed eharing this live. total MAYHEM and a historic moment

Is there a carry trade with jpy anymore? Rates in UK and US are just as low, I just struggle to see the market is mega-short the jpy.

Is there a carry trade with jpy anymore? Rates in UK and US are just as low, I just struggle to see the market is mega-short the jpy.

in anticipation of rising rates in the us and europe etc. and yesterday people realised it aint gona happen, so DUMPED

in anticipation of rising rates in the us and europe etc. and yesterday people realised it aint gona happen, so DUMPED

not sure i agree with this.. i think the market is just conditioned to certain knee jerk responses, so if sh*t hitting fan - BUY usd, BUY jpy, BUY chf. it's a pavlovian response.

you dont need to agree or not, it is the facts lol. short exposure in the YEN was huge. to huge, it got dumped. and the yen surge came before the big stocks plunge, so how could that be a knee jerk reaction? (buying yen)

Last edited:
USD/YEN moving down - am shorting the indices myself! - maybe we will get another "fat finger"!

Someone's chubby digit caused the near meltdown of the financial system? We're in deeper sh*t than we thought.

Someone's chubby digit caused the near meltdown of the financial system? We're in deeper sh*t than we thought.
I have a new trading plan - I'm sending 200 krispy kream dognuts to the traders at Citi - fatten em up some more and short the market!
p.s (i know it wasntnt citi.. it was the HFT's apparently)

It's fairly astonishing, I look forward to the report in two years time from the SEC which blames a couple of junior clerks.

i think it was a combination of a hugely overbought market, a TON of stops, margin calls

and a few malfunctioning HFT algos chasing the momentum and front running everyone into the lows.

the idea that one person at citi caused it just isnt true and the yen was off to the moon before the break down.