market direction

wow. just wow. i checked the FTSE and the sp500 4 hours ago and i read this thread and just checked a 5 minute chart.

fook me sideways

o crap my demo account has just blown up :O, i went long UJ on a dip yesterday and just gave back all the demo $ i made by buying it earlier.

haha ain't real money init

wouldnt be surprised to see short term reversals in al these markets until cnbc says it was a blip and the trend continues.

equities may continue down if people get scared and get out of stocks...

Last edited:
CNBC is comical at times, a couple of days ago as the market was falling Maria Bartiromo said "So, what do we do with this market? Is this a dip to buy or should we stay on the sidelines?".

In other words, there are only two possibilities, long or flat.

that citi rumour cant be true because of the position limits on cme. 16 bilion in notional value is what, 300,000 contracts? no chance

The anchor said 'someone typed in a 'b' instead of an 'm'' because, y'know, you type in every trade in words.

also interestingly the legend that is "number1" was hugely aggressive on the offer today right into the lows before the collapse

apparently accenture traded at one penny, it's usually 30 bucks or some such. proctor and gamble went from 60 to 40 back to 60, fairly freaky.

1. signs were there at least TWO hours before the crash.. dollaryen broke loose in a manner that is usually associated with ES/INDU crash, at that time I checked ES and it was sort of down but in a calmly manner..

2. someone at IB,HF or big banks is bound to make some mistakes during market turning points. That is picked up by media and presented as if it was the cause... because media have to pick a reason to dumb it down.. lol

something is not right here, ALL assets including gold should have been down if this was a proper old school run for cover no liquidity etc.

and before any one who likes to make love to gold in their basment pipes up. gold like everything else is driven by speculators and DERIVATIVES. no liquidity and panic = unwinding of derivatives.

so the fact stocks plumited, gold went up, and commodities stayed about the same..is rather perplexing

1. signs were there at least TWO hours before the crash.. dollaryen broke loose in a manner that is usually associated with ES/INDU crash, at that time I checked ES and it was sort of down but in a calmly manner..

2. someone at IB,HF or big banks is bound to make some mistakes during market turning points. That is picked up by media and presented as if it was the cause... because media have to pick a reason to dumb it down.. lol

yeh yen was nasty and probably the cause for it, considering the yen carry finances the entire world in reality

havnt got the stats to hand but that surely looks like one of the biggest up days in the yen (down usd/jpy) in a long long time

shame you never got filled trying to buy that, you would be outside tesco come 2morow holding a beggers cup!

CNBC is comical at times, a couple of days ago as the market was falling Maria Bartiromo said "So, what do we do with this market? Is this a dip to buy or should we stay on the sidelines?".

In other words, there are only two possibilities, long or flat.

right but someone from cnbc also said a few weeks ago buy index puts cos they're too cheap...i agree, comical...the amount of money you would have made if u did that, vix up 50% some puts up 1000%, 2 sides

yeh yen was nasty and probably the cause for it, considering the yen carry finances the entire world in reality

havnt got the stats to hand but that surely looks like one of the biggest up days in the yen (down usd/jpy) in a long long time

USD/YEN on the move again today - this could be the indicator to watch in the short term - as well as the constantly rising bond spreads.