market direction

i must be missing what your so bitter about? do you not like the fact i have made many an excellent call in this thread on market direction which has in turn done your ****?

the fact you can even try and badmouth a track record of 7/10 markets WELL in the money, and 3 marginally down. shows what a complete trumpet you are!

hey dante, wheres the dax trading, higher or lower?

Attachments

• dante.jpg
    dante.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 193
Futures performance %

Here we go futures fans. Performance in % for this week so far ...

Short crude and pretty happy.

Attachments

• futures weekly performance 4May.png
    futures weekly performance 4May.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 175
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

omg total histerics, elitejets!

nothing like trying to slag someone off to **** (after telling them you dont do that) whlie they are sitting next to said person, hahaha

ok lets clear this up.

any 5 year old can call a markets direction? ok so whats your ****ing excuse then?

carley does not make my calls, it is not a paid service. i will happily have carley come on this thread and confirm that to make a fool of you.

i dont post entrys or exits? entrys are when i make the call, so get in some point that day, ussualy the monday.

exits, when the market says so, exited on ten year and copper just now. when did you last take 900 points on a trade?

if you wana be a hate, do it in public not behind my back. halarious though because the other day you were claiming you do just that. clearly not.

and no i dont dupilcate tardes in a spread bet account, dunno what the **** that is about?

Last edited by a moderator:
well copper has fallen another 4.5% already today, so maybe calling that exit a bit premature! oh well

crude getting smashed which isnt so good, but the joys of portfolio theory one or two markets going wrong for u isnt going to effect you as much

it's the return of volatility , and an uncertain future. welcome to stage 2 of the credit crisis, sovereign risk.

Hedging with option

I had doubts about NR's strategy to hedge futures positions with options, or at least I wasn't sure how it would look in the book. I tested this with Nasdaq100 futures and the use of future options. I took screen shots and tracked the prices everyday.

Entry 22 April SHORT THE MARKET [ NQM10 2016.00. ]

Hedged by buying future options, NR said he used ATM but I wanted a variety so I chose 3 . [ ITM Sep, ATM Jun, OTM Jun]

Currently, NQM10 futures short position is up +78 and the hedged options are down roughly -28. Net positive for about 50 handles on NQ100. It is supporting NR's statement about paying 1/3 of total profits for hedging costs. { It's not in the image attached as I took it yesteday}.

When the market went up and futures position was down by about 30, options gained value by about 1/2 of it, resulting in net -15 handle open loss.

Summary
A hard stoploss of 15 handles will be almost sure to touch on NQ futures as daily ATR is about 30. If I wanted to scratch the trade, then the cost would have been -15, a very resonable cost for no-stress position trade entry. However, be prepared to pay for hedging costs in the eventual win.
... thank you NR :cool:

Attachments

• 010504IB summary.PNG
    010504IB summary.PNG
    51.4 KB · Views: 167