Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

gbp/usd looking like it might give a long signal, but it doesn't look like it's got too much momentum so far today. Just 27 pips range since the London open.

Hi Pat494, nice aud chf trade ! I been trying to buy aud jpy dip without successs.
That is the problem of waiting for dips.
It's a trade off between getting a nice entry or
missing a move.

Hi FX
I don't normally look for or trade dips. Look at the trend lines imho if you have to.
Too dodgy.

Last edited:
Nothing showing up on my 12 pairs.
Will have a another look at 1.30 pm

Patience is the key - like fishing

Very low but with 100:1 leverage
Still practicing really. Large amounts would ruin my aim I expect.
No I mean for the trade where you made +93, how many pips stop did you have when you entered. And for the +50 one. I'm just trying to find out what other traders' R:R is. Mine is typically less than 1:1 and I'm wondering if I could be doing better.

Just back. Glad to see I made +50.

Hi Pat, nice to see you around mate, I must be reading this wrong somehow, from your entry of 1.1532, the highest move thereafter I have on my chart is 1.542 at 11.54, a 10 pip move not a 50 pip. :confused:

Hi Pat, nice to see you around mate, I must be reading this wrong somehow, from your entry of 1.1532, the highest move thereafter I have on my chart is 1.542 at 11.54, a 10 pip move not a 50 pip. :confused:

Hi Dinos
I set the tp for +50 and went shopping. When I came back it had triggered so I assume it was +50. Which charts do you use ? Because they do vary. I am not sure what the balance was before I went, so hard to check.

Hi Pat, Pro Real time matey through IG, often wanted to trade it, but their spread is 12 pips, to prohibitive for my style of trading

Hi Dinos
I set the tp for +50 and went shopping. When I came back it had triggered so I assume it was +50. Which charts do you use ? Because they do vary. I am not sure what the balance was before I went, so hard to check.

I am showing my chart and as you can see it was at least +50 up - in fact +84 !!

No pork pieing - scouts honour

Attachments

• Aud-Nzd.PNG
    Aud-Nzd.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
longs given on nzdjpy and nzd/usd - but it's that time of day when fatigue kicks in and I can't face the thought of managing a trade.I'll cut myself some slack by pointing out both of these pairs are rebounding off a minor average , not the primary 49. So lack of interest is partially justified in that they wouldn't have been grade-A trades even during the peak of my trading session.

By dip do you mean a pullback and if so, to what? And I thought you went more with the momentum plays anyhow - in which case a pullback wouldn't really be your thing. I'm obviously not getting the 'dip' thing.
Hi FB,
I like a strong move and then look for a SMALL
pull back. I'm sorry I can't say my trigger, but the main
thing is the strong move.
I have never had long term success with buying "breaks".
Maybe Pat94 knows more about breakout trades.