Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

wow, beaten all ends up. just shows how much short pressure there really is on the euro/

dont use that spreadsheet i posted earlier, made a ridiculously schoolboy error.

not at all switched on today, pm me me if you want an updated one

lnog audusd 1.0214 stop 1.0195

1.02 has held nicely on trades before + 1.27 on eur could well hold. more buying pressure in aus hence the switch

closed 1.0226 +12, probably closed too early, bit of behavioral bias here, needed a winner to lcose out a pretty bad day.

off to a meeting, see all tomorrow

One of my NY resolutions is to complement my day trading with overnight and swing trading forex. Except for the occasional trade with small stakes I've never really traded forex that way. To start I'll be looking for overnight breakouts from the usual lull in the Asian session. The breakout would normally occur during the London session when I am in bed so I'll place limit buy/sell order(s) with stops and targets before I am done for the day and post up a chart with explanation. Starts Monday.

Worst case is I bomb out and you guys can all have some great lulz :LOL:

Peter

One of my NY resolutions is to complement my day trading with overnight and swing trading forex. Except for the occasional trade with small stakes I've never really traded forex that way. To start I'll be looking for overnight breakouts from the usual lull in the Asian session. The breakout would normally occur during the London session when I am in bed so I'll place limit buy/sell order(s) with stops and targets before I am done for the day and post up a chart with explanation. Starts Monday.

Peter

will look out for some quality lulz. Breakouts can be tricky, I like retests of the exit level though, I like them with trend. I should coco.

will look out for some quality lulz. Breakouts can be tricky, I like retests of the exit level though, I like them with trend. I should coco.

Thanks for the words of encouragement on the lulz and not the trading :LOL:

CORRECTION: Lulz starts Monday, occasional day trade thrown in for good measure.

Peter

Peter

you've read this? the breakout can be dodgy it seems. I never touch forex but if you want to swing equities, I'm your man :)

jon

swing like this Peter?

(Flash is gonna have me sleeping with the fishes for posting this so long after the entry:cry:)

Attachments

• swing like this.png
    swing like this.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 123
you've read this? the breakout can be dodgy it seems. I never touch forex but if you want to swing equities, I'm your man :)

jon

I was swinging equities many moons ago. I gave up when I had 3 stocks gap well against me overnight in the same month. Some bad luck of course but I took a bit of a beating. This forex breakout trading will be very small stakes and is just the start.

Peter

swing like this Peter?

(Flash is gonna have me sleeping with the fishes for posting this so long after the entry:cry:)

That's the idea, eventually. I'm just taking a series of small steps to get there. I have no delusions(!) of grandeur.

Peter