Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

nice entry sj,why?,thanks

a few factors at play, the most important being an observation over the last few weeks that the AUD has mirrored many of the EUR's upside moves handsomely and resisted the downsides. strong technicals like this will enhance any edge from an RN or S/R point, though, AUD buyers can quickly run from the currency as we saw early dec. it is well bid now but continued weakness elsewhere may overcome this

otherwise:
- liked the RN of 1.02 (which has held nicely for me on previous trades), esp. when combined with a long term untested 1.27 EURUSD
- risk in general appeared oversold, especially after a fantastic NFP
- rule of 3. very wishy washy, but is actually a very reliable indiactor of a pause in selliing/buyinh. nice, clear Ro3 here

obv. all well and good in hindsight, and i admit i had not formalised this entirely before i traded, but they were all kicking around in my mind throughout the day

Hi everyone. I'll start the week off with an overnight trade. See chart eurjpy 15m.
I'm looking for the opening gap to fill so I'm placing a limit sell order. Stop loss will be just above the last swing high on Friday. Take Profit is near this evening's low. Stakes are 1/4 of my normal lots.

Sell Limit 97.90
Stop Loss 98.20
Target 97.30

Peter

Attachments

• eurjpy overnight trade.gif
    eurjpy overnight trade.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 117
Hi everyone. I'll start the week off with an overnight trade. See chart eurjpy 15m.
I'm looking for the opening gap to fill so I'm placing a limit sell order. Stop loss will be just above the last swing high on Friday. Take Profit is near this evening's low. Stakes are 1/4 of my normal lots.

Sell Limit 97.90
Stop Loss 98.20
Target 97.30

Peter

simmilar to my limit order only mine is up at 98.45 40 pip stop

Attachments

• ej trade.png
    ej trade.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 124

Sell Limit 97.90
Stop Loss 98.20
Target 97.30

Peter

Stopped out -30
small stakes = -7.5 in comparison to normal lots traded.

I still like the short side though. I'll keep watch for another entry.

Peter

short eurjpy 98.109 stop 98.35 target 97.60
1/4 stakes

Peter

Attachments

• eurjpy01.gif
    eurjpy01.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 121
The trade shown in the chart was the stopped out overnight trade. I left the levels in for reference.

Peter

............To start I'll be looking for overnight breakouts from the usual lull in the Asian session.................

pete

:confused: I thought your tactics were going to be break-outs, not reversals. Stick to the plan, mon brave.

jon