Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Over $25,000/ounce..

The problem at the moment with Gold price is that it's being driven by paper trading in gold (ETF's) as apposed to buying physical gold and taking actual delivery, so it's much like the banks, if everyone with ETF's turned up and asked for their physical gold then the whole system would collapse because they're selling more ETF's than they have physical gold...

Long EU at 13064, SL-40, sorry for late post, I had this set as a limit order and just seen it got filled...

The problem at the moment with Gold price is that it's being driven by paper trading in gold (ETF's) as apposed to buying physical gold and taking actual delivery, so it's much like the banks, if everyone with ETF's turned up and asked for their physical gold then the whole system would collapse because they're selling more ETF's than they have physical gold...

Yes agree I was not taking into account ETF's and more than likely 25 k is probably more like it .
Just the FIAT money systems of the major reserve currencies would give it a value of 7k.
There is not even a chance in hell of even looking at ETF's as you say the system would simply collapse.

Yes agree I was not taking into account ETF's and more than likely 25 k is probably more like it .
Just the FIAT money systems of the major reserve currencies would give it a value of 7k.
There is not even a chance in hell of even looking at ETF's as you say the system would simply collapse.

absolutely, but I still day trade gold & silver as I find it an easy trade (touch wood!!) but would never "invest" in ETF's.

I buy physical gold and silver coins every couple of months just for that day (remote I know) you wake up one day and find out that the money in your bank account is worth less than toilet paper...

absolutely, but I still day trade gold & silver as I find it an easy trade (touch wood!!) but would never "invest" in ETF's.

I buy physical gold and silver coins every couple of months just for that day (remote I know) you wake up one day and find out that the money in your bank account is worth less than toilet paper...

yep relatives of mine have been buying since the 1000 level a few years ago.I think you can buy 10k worth a year without the taxman being on your case in the uk

yep relatives of mine have been buying since the 1000 level a few years ago.I think you can buy 10k worth a year without the taxman being on your case in the uk

Has anyone tried to sell gold ?
Bought the misses a ring a 6 years ago, when gold was less than half it current value,
had it revalued last month, it was just about the price we paid 6 years ago!

Bought the misses a ring a 6 years ago, when gold was less than half it current value,

are you planning a new model ? -- think I will take a world cruise and maybe by the time I come back this flicking eur/usd will have moved 10pips catch up with you all in December 2013 :devilish:

I buy all my coins through coininvestdirect.com, they're based in Germany and seem to have best prices, excellent service as well. Not been flagged to hmrc as yet from them...

that must be the retail markup.Need to buy the sovereigns etc. These gold places just rip you off

9ct? Bunch of sharks in the gold jewelery market..