Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Keeping an eye on audusd. After a gap up opening it has traded only 15 pips higher then dropped below the opening price. Looking to go long over tonight's high at 1.0007

1H chart

Attachments

• audusd06.gif
    audusd06.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Fair enough. I just don't recommend it though. But everyone has to trade to their own risk tolerances so for those who can weather it or get out over the weekend then ok. Generally though many traders over leverage and can't exit over the weekend. They are the ones who get stampeded at some point.

Peter

shourt eurusd 1.2640, stop 1.2672

from my experience is that the few times bailout news came out in the weekend, markets gapped up on the sunday but the gaps were not only closed, bearish moved followed.

worth a shot with the good r:r so shorting it with stop being the high since the open.

(put on a few mins back) short eur/usd at 1.2634. methodology is europe is still awful, greece has to vote, ect noticed on graph, it shot up, then its starting to recede

If the spread is 10 pips and the move is 100, there are plenty of reasons. But the point is you can get out over the weekend. So holding position is not especially terrible.

how could you get out on saturday without a huge spread,even witha stop you could easily be gapped,

Hi guys, Hope you've all been reeling in the pips. I haven't traded much lately because i've had some assessments re my work. Some of it has been residential so jam-packed days and a few silly nights with the other guys! Great fun. (y)

I deliberately don't follow news when i can't trade so just catching up now and i've obviously missed some interesting stuff. My own long term view of the euro is that the whole concept is fundamentally flawed. To me, its behaviour is similar to a sickly child - it will have good periods where all seems well and hope/expectations starts to rise just until the next relapse. It will always require periodic medication, never be far from treatment and it will never be completely free of ailments, some bigger than others. I think it'll be this way for yearrrrrrrsss... :(

...but then i'm just a cynic and a eurosceptic... :)

from my experience is that the few times bailout news came out in the weekend, markets gapped up on the sunday but the gaps were not only closed, bearish moved followed.

worth a shot with the good r:r so shorting it with stop being the high since the open.

moved stop to 1.2650

Short FTSE 100 5514.5. Stop 5526.5. 1st half off at 5483.5 2nd at 5464.

I trade the FTSE with a purely mechanical system, have done for the last 6 months or so with good results. I'll post these up everyday from now on.

out 1.2580 for +60.

still think we'll see 1.25 today but difficult to risk letting go of +60 pips in the heat of the battle...wow crashing as I write :(

moved stop to 1.2611.

short gold 1593, stop 1596.5
still running

Short FTSE 100 5514.5. Stop 5526.5. 1st half off at 5483.5 2nd at 5464.

I trade the FTSE with a purely mechanical system, have done for the last 6 months or so with good results. I'll post these up everyday from now on.

I trade the indices (ftse,dax) without discretion too - seems to have better results for some reason. Mine have a good success rate but 1:1 ratio. I got about the same price as you but an hour earlier, sold at 5494...
I tend not to post them because some of them don't look pretty and i'd have a hard time explaining them to a purist. :eek: