Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

ZEN - if cable has topped (I don't normally look at it), then e/u is done at 250?

gbp/usd looks messy/choppy

About eur/usd - to me it looks like we are in wave C (if this was wave 5 it should have breached 1.3266 imo). One of those things - once it breaches it I would know I'm wrong. Anyway price action is rubbish at the moment - it's going nowhere.

Should be ok, but only time will tell that. I am taking more heat on G/J right now. If G/j is going to turn back down, then it needs to happen at its current level of 132.80.

...we took a little heat on cable forexkunta, but it's still looking ok...

...praying hard here - let's hope Tokyo don't mess this up :)

Should be ok, but only time will tell that. I am taking more heat on G/J right now. If G/j is going to turn back down, then it needs to happen at its current level of 132.80.

Luck must have been with you ,not to be stopped,who do you trade with,my spread is normally at least 4 pips

Ive got lots of these jpy pairs that look llike they could fall of these levels within the next 20-30 pips, hope so

I pulled my stop back to the swing high, where it should have been in the first place, so I didnt get hit. YET! I normally dont like to play that close to the 76.4 fib line, which is a very common retrace point on wave 1 with G/J.

Luck must have been with you ,not to be stopped,who do you trade with,my spread is normally at least 4 pips

What really pisses me off is that I got up this morning and took a short on A/U at 1.0576, let it run about 15 pips, and closed it. Turned my attention toward cable and g/j, and then the aussie dropped over 100 from there the rest of the day.!!!!!!

And I am trading with IBFX. Spread on g/j is normally around 5.4ish at really good times.

...back through my entry price on cable short AGAIN

looks like no-one was willing to pay 1.3260 for euros today so that has to help the cable short, right?

The bright sparks at Goldman should figure this out any minute now ;)

short eurjpy 110.66 stop 111.00
1/2 position only

I'll post chart with comments in a few...

Peter

Japanese fiscal year ends this month. Repatriation flows could weigh on USD/JPY and EUR/JPY tonight especially with Japan coming off holiday yesterday. Couple that with a looming pullback from the very steep rise over the past 2 weeks. I'm looking for a retrace back to the trendline near where it intersects with the support line.

Probable 1st target would be roughly 110.30.

Peter

Attachments

• eurjpy12.gif
    eurjpy12.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 107
Also, not shown on the chart, but for any fib lovers out there, the 23.6 retrace of the upward move from March 6 to today is about 109.60. For slightly longer term traders this would be a good 2nd target.

Peter

im with you on this,ive got most yen pairs turning,just hope my stop isnt too tight through the 10 pm freeze

I took a 1/2 position just so I could set a wider stop. I'd like to try to avoid getting spiked out in the Asian session with low liquidity.

Peter

Thanks,I was unaware of most of that,lets hope we get that move,im still seling from the line of earlier trade.it went really well,but i only ended up with 24 pips,and if this goes wrong I will lose much more than I gained on the earlier trade.I gave back 50 pips going for a home run,still thats trading

As a side note: When I traded equities I rarely looked at fundamentals except when big news was out on a stock I normally traded then I took a few quick hits on the pops and drops. Over the years I have found that adding just a touch of fundamental analysis to my forex trading really helped though. Always learning and adapting!

Peter