Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

I've been lazy and haven't posted up many charts. I now some people like to see them so I'll git off my @rse and start posting them again.

Peter

I like this ZEN but if your stop gets whacked then I think the euro will start to turn bearish again (because your stop is at a key level around 187). If that does happen I'll start looking to sell rallies from tomorrow...

If your stop level doesn't get whacked then I'll be getting long a bit later, probably around 220 - I think it's better to get the timing right than getting the best possible price on the pullback - but that's just me and 200 could be a very good level for you :)

P.S. It does look a bit heavy on the pullback, but things can change quickly!

I was thinking the same way - I closed added part at +10, moved the stop to 92 for the rest as I didn't like the price action and got stopped at b/e.

Then I was thinking if it goes below 92 why not place sell order - I was expectin a violent move down. So I did all that and couldn't post it because of quick changes. Now closed the short.

I was thinking the same way - I closed added part at +10, moved the stop to 92 for the rest as I didn't like the price action and got stopped at b/e.

Then I was thinking if it goes below 92 why not place sell order - I was expectin a violent move down. So I did all that and couldn't post it because of quick changes. Now closed the short.

The ones I hate are when I post up a chart and some comments on why I took the trade and as soon as it posts I end up getting stopped out before anyone has time to read my post. lol. So much for my analysis!

Peter

thislooks nailed on below the 132.85 area

Attachments

• 2012-03-20_1210.png
    2012-03-20_1210.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 88
The ones I hate are when I post up a chart and some comments on why I took the trade and as soon as it posts I end up getting stopped out before anyone has time to read my post. lol. So much for my analysis!

Peter

Someone, naming no names lol, placed a post on here on friday that got blown out straight away (and i mean fast). :sneaky:
The post then mysteriously vanished just as quickly, presumably because of embarrassment. (The guilty party isn't on here right at the moment, i might add...).

This is something new I'm trying. Before I would have an idea about direction and just put a stop.
The stop would get hit and that was it.
At some point I started thinking why not put opposite order at stop point (of course only in this sort of moves where there is no clear direction at first)
It was not easy to accept that I was wrong at first, but profitable trades would most of the time cover
the initial loss or make even extra. The last trade - Iwas almost certain it's going to drop after the stop point - so why not take it?:)

PS Only bad part is when I'm wrong 2 or 3 times in a row. 3 times happened once this year and it was not a nice experience:cry:

Someone, naming no names lol, placed a post on here on friday that got blown out straight away (and i mean fast). :sneaky:
The post then mysteriously vanished just as quickly, presumably because of embarrassment. (The guilty party isn't on here right at the moment, i might add...).

I've seen it - no names:cheesy:

lol:),ah the curse of the thread.please PM me with name.I will get baldrick to thrash him.
People should do this thread for the right reasons and have no worries about the consequences.From what I know only myself and wacky of the regulars are full time traders that depend on our trades for income.We post live because it helps our discipline at times.I dont post every trade,neither does wacky and I he, or others are not overly concerned who fails or not. If what you are doing on the thread is affecting your trading,dont do it. The chances of us having a thread knees up in wackys town are remote, so use the thread for the right reasons.I keep saying this because at times in the past I found the thread and what people thought to be important to me and it affected my trading.That is not the idea of the thread.Even last month I entered the t2win comp for that speaker set and because of that I didnt take a trade in my account.The slightest thing can play on your mind in this game,so you have been warned.Many times we will all look stupid,so you have been warned about the curse of the thread

If you really live in Monaco, then you should know that this approach is not great!

As you say, if you use "sensible" stops of around 20 and have 2 or 3 losers, where do you go from there? at -40 or -60 for the day you've had it...

BTW I just stepped away and played some pool and I can't stop thinking about this long - it could still trigger later even though the pullback IS a bit heavy......... it might not get back through 250 but could still be worth a few pips...

Not sure yet - if it sets up then I probably will take it - I had to wait 6 hours for yesterday's long :(

This is something new I'm trying. Before I would have an idea about direction and just put a stop.
The stop would get hit and that was it.
At some point I started thinking why not put opposite order at stop point (of course only in this sort of moves where there is no clear direction at first)
It was not easy to accept that I was wrong at first, but profitable trades would most of the time cover
the initial loss or make even extra. The last trade - Iwas almost certain it's going to drop after the stop point - so why not take it?:)

PS Only bad part is when I'm wrong 2 or 3 times in a row. 3 times happened once this year and it was not a nice experience:cry:

Last edited:
Yerp, no trades at all this fine morning. Things be quiet.

And yeah, can't be afraid to post losers. Being publicly accountable does wonders, and sometimes just typing out your rationale can help you think through the trade.

It's good stuff!

So, where's my Eur/Jpy headed today?

Hard to tell, I mostly see Usd strength across the board. Eur and Jpy will be weak as a result, but what does this mean for my Eur/Jpy?

I'm seeing correlation with the E/U. Let's go with that for now and assume it's going to sell.

The S&P 500 is in a down day, prolly close about 1397.

The Aud/Usd looks downwards to me too

Attachments

• Aud - Usd.PNG
    Aud - Usd.PNG
    93.9 KB · Views: 110
there is a chance we could see a huge run down from here, so i wont take 1/2 off for at least 25,hopefully more