Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

I'm thinking it's a gap fill on ES, so might go up some more.

I'm seeing lots of mean reversion except for the Aud which seems weak overall.

If you really live in Monaco, then you should know that this approach is not great!

As you say, if you use "sensible" stops of around 20 and have 2 or 3 losers, where do you go from there? at -40 or -60 for the day you've had it...

BTW I just stepped away and played some pool and I can't stop thinking about this long - it could still trigger later even though the pullback IS a bit heavy......... it might not get back through 250 but could still be worth a few pips...

Not sure yet - if it sets up then I probably will take it - I had to wait 6 hours for yesterday's long :(

It doesn't matter if you live in Monte Carlo, London or New York - three losers in a row is not a pleasant experience especially if they are highly leveraged trades.

PS The same move on eur/usd again - this time I caught it:cool:

PPS Sorry - couldn't resist boasting about it. Next time I'll post trades as they happen:eek:

if this carries on falling there will be girls all round at my estate tonight,BP is organising the entertainement

Yep, same as yesterday. Although it doesn't look as strong today so e/u could be starting to turn from bullish (Friday london AM) to bearish - there's no way to tell until this current move either breaks 260 or is contained within 260 (double-top).

The "extra" weakness on e/u from 190 to 175 (Pete caught a piece of this) was a trap hence the sudden short covering.

There's your proof that simply reversing on a stop is not a good idea, because markets can always go that little bit further than you imagine.

It doesn't matter if you live in Monte Carlo, London or New York - three losers in a row is not a pleasant experience especially if they are highly leveraged trades.

PS The same move on eur/usd again - this time I caught it:cool:

PPS Sorry - couldn't resist boasting about it. Next time I'll post trades as they happen:eek:

as soon as i make a confident statement the market rev erses and is looking like taking back all of my 2nd 1/2

Yep, same as yesterday. Although it doesn't look as strong today so e/u could be starting to turn from bullish (Friday london AM) to bearish - there's no way to tell until this current move either breaks 260 or is contained within 260 (double-top).

The "extra" weakness on e/u from 190 to 175 (Pete caught a piece of this) was a trap hence the sudden short covering.

There's your proof that simply reversing on a stop is not a good idea, because markets can always go that little bit further than you imagine.

Buy order above 245 stop 222 - trying to get some more

IMO it depends on target, r/r etc. From my experience profit is often (not always) equal to suffered loss from the previous trade if not better. Like today - I took profit from that short. I rarely try to 'run the profit' on that kind of trades. Even from this long move (agree with you - it doesn't look that strong like yesterday's) I took a reasonable profit and closed it at a Fib level not trying to 'run the profit' in a 'guessing way'.
I'll give it another chance only if it breaches prior high instead of staying in the trade.

like it - still could go 310 as I mentioned earlier, but there's no way to know

all we do know is that this bullish move is getting older (in terms of waves) and it's likely to turn one day this week....

if it goes 310 then just keep buying the dips until it doesn't go higher ;)

Buy order above 245 stop 222 - trying to get some more

Last edited:
thanks I just shorted cable @ 5860 also sl=92

looks very interesting, if this pattern was on euro I'd be all over it, but I'm not sure that cable trades the same way - worth a try anyway

Short Cable @ 1.5853 s/l 1.5887 target 1.5750

ZEN - if cable has topped (I don't normally look at it), then e/u is done at 250?

ZEN - if cable has topped (I don't normally look at it), then e/u is done at 250?

It could be, although they don't follow each other that much.

Anyway I lost slowly what I made quickly - stopped.
No more trading for today

And tomorrow as well - I've overdone it.(n)
Need to take a break in order to fight my trading addiction

Last edited:
still in this gl trade,hoping it will go my way again or ive given back 50 pips good profit and will have to re enter

...we took a little heat on cable forexkunta, but it's still looking ok...

...praying hard here - let's hope Tokyo don't mess this up :)

thanks I just shorted cable @ 5860 also sl=5892

looks very interesting, if this pattern was on euro I'd be all over it, but I'm not sure that cable trades the same way - worth a try anyway