Live & Die by the sword....

Acording to my trading system Footsie looks really strong, as of now the long term traders will start closing they longs onlly if 5050 faills.

Fc,
Did you see Murrays break of serve rally to go 5-4 up on first set?
Murray than goes to on to hold his serve and wins the first set 6-4.

Did you see the GRILLING of Senetor John Kerry on John Snow and Alan greenspan?[on bloomberg] Kerry tore into them on fiscal policies, spending, and on the US deficit. The guy was brilliant!!

FetteredChinos said:
the farce continue....

short on cash at 5114

longs:
shorts 17@ 5010 :eek:

closed profit: +272
open profit : (1768) (oh matron)

at least im not doing as badly as Henman.....
Hey FC - FTSE Cash Futures down 40pts at 18.00 :cheesy:

Murray WINS 3-0 against a 14th seed. :LOL: Murray only 18 yrs of age! Will he do a Boris and win Wimbledon as a teenager? Hope so!

Henman out against a russian ranked 152 in the world.

Bull

Happy Days FC!!

No doubt the FTSE will open with a nice gap down for you tomorrow :cool:

I take it the beers will be on you this weekend.........

C

US open will be interesting tomorrow. Will we see a continuation of todays sell off, and a happy FC, or a bounce off the no doubt pundits bargain levels.

G-Man

Fc,
Did u manage to buy some puts lately? Looks like ur waiting and patience is about to be rewarded :LOL: I still say u should have bought puts instead of adding to positions. :rolleyes:
If oil goes up tmmrow i think this will add presure on footsie! :cheesy: Footsie down 45 pts by noon and close lower. :LOL:

Dow Plunges 166 As Oil Surges Past $60
Thursday June 23, 5:05 pm ET
By Michael J. Martinez, AP Business Writer
Dow Plunges 166, Nasdaq Drops 21 As Oil Prices Briefly Surge Past $60 a Barrel for First Time

NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks plunged Thursday, sending the Dow Jones industrials down 166 points as oil prices briefly moved past the psychologically important $60 per barrel level for the first time. Oil's advance accelerated a selloff prompted by poor earnings from FedEx Corp. -- which blamed high fuel prices for its disappointing profits.

FedEx's earnings missed Wall Street's expectations and raised new concerns about oil's impact on corporate profits. That led crude oil futures to creep higher through the day, breaking through the $60-per-barrel barrier. While purely psychological, that move was enough to send stocks tumbling.

A barrel of light crude settled at $59.42, up $1.33, on the New York Mercantile Exchange after peaking at $60.05, an intraday record.

"We always wondered what $60 a barrel oil would cost us, and now we know," said Jeff Kleintop, chief investment strategist for PNC Financial Services Group in Philadelphia. "On top of that, you've got news from FedEx, a transportation company, saying, 'Yeah, oil is hurting us.' That's got the market shaken up a bit."

morning all,

no bull i didnt buy puts actually. my options knowledge is somewhat limited to just the basics of what puts and calls do, and im not too keen on the huge leverage they can offer. i currently dont possess the correct knowledge to be able to trade those instruments effectively.

dont worry, they are on my list of things to do at the moment. but first things first, i must warm up for a cricket match against the Daily Hate, sorry Mail tomorrow. what a cracking weekend for it!!!! :)

FC

well now that wasnt soooo bad today :)

long sept futures 5092

longs: 1@5092
shorts 17@ 5010 :eek:

closed profit: +272
open profit : (1105) (phew)

exit point now looking like 5057 which isnt too great, but if we close below that tomorrow, then im just gonna have to bite the loss.

have a good weekend everybody. im off to wish i was at Glasto....

FC

Not a bad day for you then.

£600 added to the open trades. Still quite a scary sum to have open though. I have to take my hat off to you for sticking with your system.

Is 5057 what you are looking for to break even? If so that looks quite hopeful, the Dow is still being bearish so it could bring the Ftse down a bit more on Monday.

Go and enjoy that beer (I think I can hear it calling you) - glass of wine waiting for me when I get home. Mmmm.........

nah, 5057 is the 4 day low (one of the exit signals)

5010 would be breakeven sadly, so unless we get a small up day monday and therefore add to the shorts, followed by a 50+ point sell off like today, i sense a bit of a loss coming up.

toodle-oo

fc

FetteredChinos said:

5010 would be breakeven sadly, so unless we get a small up day monday and therefore add to the shorts, followed by a 50+ point sell off like today, i sense a bit of a loss coming up.

toodle-oo

fc
I think that it would be worth your while holding on here. It may take a couple of weeks but I can see the FTSE testing 5000 again soon.

All at the WIFE (windlesham international financial futures exchange) had our mind control forcing ftse down- Henmannism now stalks the indices. Have a good w/end FC et al.

Windlesham1 said:
All at the WIFE (windlesham international financial futures exchange) had our mind control forcing ftse down- Henmannism now stalks the indices. Have a good w/end FC et al.
Surely that should be WIFFE :LOL:

FetteredChinos said:

toodle-oo

fc
===================================================================
Fc,
If as you say Options is not ur cup of tea at present: :rolleyes:
Theres another method which you can add to ur method. At present u have 17 shorts correct?
Now if footsie goes up? [as you think it would on monday] SELL another 17 on monday=total shorts 34. If mrkt continues going up? Sell again 100% another 34 = 68 shorts and so on..
Thats the ONLY route left m8! :cheesy: But u need balls of steel :cheesy: Thats the mark of a good SUPA trader.
We can call this method :- The SUPA DOOPA METHOD :cheesy: But u should have started earlier when u had only 2-4 shorts :LOL: A CIT is long overdue imo :!: :cool: Today could b the start . :LOL:

Jilly B, Are those two pictures of you? or just the one on the right? U must be a red-head yeh?

Bull
Everything is worth a try? at least once :LOL:

Last edited:
Fc,

Things are looking a bit brighter for u. Footsie down 25 pts. Thats a round 61 pts drop in a day and a half. We may see it close lower today? Oil draging mrkts down across the world, Its above 60$ a barrel. We may see oil going higher still, cause demands is out stripping supply and refineries cant cope either. All we need now is a hike in interest rates and $ to drop! and this will surely send mrkts lower still and oil UP further to 62-65. Perhaps? :cheesy:

Bull
Always expect the unxpected :cheesy:

possibly.. still unsure..

i have a feeling the FTSE will head up into tuesday's close, then down hard into Friday.

thats what the pattern for a bear week usually suggests (viz Jenkins' theories)

re: your martingaling idea in an earlier post.. i think/know that is the fast route to the poor house.

at the moment, id like to see us set a low of approx 5040 today, and then a close ABOVE the 5057 i mentioned on friday.

FC