Live & Die by the sword....

FetteredChinos said:
well now that wasnt soooo bad today :)

long sept futures 5092

longs: 1@5092
shorts 17@ 5010 :eek:

closed profit: +272
open profit : (1105) (phew)

exit point now looking like 5057 which isnt too great, but if we close below that tomorrow, then im just gonna have to bite the loss.

have a good weekend everybody. im off to wish i was at Glasto....

FC
Don't think that you may need to bite any loss. Markets are turning down at the moment and the FTSE could be testing support at 5000 fairly soon. If you hold on now you should at least break even and you may even finally get into profit. :cool:

I went short this morning @ 5064 so I'm now rooting for both you and myself ;)

bulldozer said:
...........Jilly B, Are those two pictures of you? or just the one on the right? U must be a red-head yeh?.............

I am a red-head, but I'm not sure which pictures you're talking about here. My Jessica Rabbit, the real me (pic on profile) or what????

lol Kris, i know where you are coming from. but the point is that i must stick to the rules in order to perform a valid test of the method.

i have a feeling this batch of shorts will be b/e or better myself, but i cant second guess the market, and must obey the rules, which in backtesting did produce a pretty smooth equity curve for an EOD method..

fc

FetteredChinos said:
possibly.. still unsure..

i have a feeling the FTSE will head up into tuesday's close, then down hard into Friday.

thats what the pattern for a bear week usually suggests (viz Jenkins' theories)

re: your martingaling idea in an earlier post.. i think/know that is the fast route to the poor house.

at the moment, id like to see us set a low of approx 5040 today, and then a close ABOVE the 5057 i mentioned on friday.

FC
A couple of questions if you don't mind.

Does this mean you are going to hang in there until Friday and see what happens? Or get out today and trade the rise back up, followed by the drop into Friday?

Do you watch the FTSE as it happens or do you set exit trades and just wait for them to be hit?

erm sort of, is the ambiguous answer to your question.

i look at all sorts of patterns in the markets, and an early gap on the monday usually leads to a reversal into wednesday, before ending the week in the same direction of the original gap (down in this case)

as i am trading the system as it stands EOD (though i do watch intraday) then i just have to obey the rules (4day high/low exit) and wait til one of those is signalled.

so in other words, i am currently just sitting tight on the position as outlined here, but i may take an "undocumented" long at 5040 should we get there, looking for maybe a 30-40 point bounce into wednesday.

fc

Jilly,
Profile pic on the right :cool:
I learned over the week-end that Prince Charles is now a Muslim, is this true anyone?
I ask u cause women know more about men, than men know about themselves :LOL:

Fc,
Stick in there m8! :cheesy: Its heading lower, at the mo down 28. If you dont like the supa doopa method? Go for half supa: increase your shorts by 50% instead of 100% or 25%? :cheesy:

Bull
I'm NOT short and I'm NOT long! but I'm ITM [on options]. :LOL: :cheesy:

Last edited:
bulldozer said:
Jilly,
Profile pic. :cool:
I learned over the week-end that Prince Charles is now a Muslim, is this true anyone?
I ask u cause women know more about men, than men know about themselves :LOL:
:

Yep, that's me, though taken a couple of years ago (hair is a lot longer now).

Prince Charles, future head of the Church of England, a Muslim. I think not.
I think you are referring to news over the weekend that he wants to build a Mosque in his Poundbury development in Cornwall.

JillyB said:
Yep, that's me, though taken a couple of years ago (hair is a lot longer now).

Prince Charles, future head of the Church of England, a Muslim. I think not.
I think you are referring to news over the weekend that he wants to build a Mosque in his Poundbury development in Cornwall.
Poundbury is in Dorset ;)
He wants to build it at 'Surfbury' which is on the outskirts of Newquay :rolleyes:

FetteredChinos said:
lol Kris, i know where you are coming from. but the point is that i must stick to the rules in order to perform a valid test of the method.

i have a feeling this batch of shorts will be b/e or better myself, but i cant second guess the market, and must obey the rules, which in backtesting did produce a pretty smooth equity curve for an EOD method..

fc
FTSE down 40 to 5039 :cool:

yup, and ive got my small scalp long in from 5040. target 5065 in the short term.

looks like it is base building again on the 5 min chart..

kriesau said:
Poundbury is in Dorset ;)
He wants to build it at 'Surfbury' which is on the outskirts of Newquay :rolleyes:

Thanks for that Kris, just goes to show we women don't know everything, despite what bulldozer thinks ;)

FetteredChinos said:
yup, and ive got my small scalp long in from 5040. target 5065 in the short term.

looks like it is base building again on the 5 min chart..

Would agree with you here. Bullish engulfing candle formed on 15 minute chart which would support this and RSI turning upwards. :cheesy:

However it's lunchtime so upward movement could be quite slow now.

Jill,
My granson got christened yesterday, we then all [40 in total] went to a hotel carvery meal. after that we all stayed in the lounge area for more chit chat. Around 50% believed Charles was now a Muslim. Perhaps most of us had our legs pulled. :(
However, nothing surprises me anymore with the UK Mornachy.

Todays Sun report front page: Diana had affair with JFK jr. In same room as his father with Marilyn Monroe. I thought the dead CANT speak? How did this story come out i wonder? :rolleyes:

Fc,
Were going down! :cool: You must b on B/E soon?

Ur going long? big mistake imho. :rolleyes: It looks like 5,000 soon >>b4 thurs. :LOL:

Bull

lol nearly Bull.

as for Diana and JFK jnr, 2 points

1) neither of them were what you could call "lookers"

and more importantly,

2) never sleep with anyone called Junior. dear sweet lord, what is wrong with people..

FetteredChinos said:
lol nearly Bull.

as for Diana and JFK jnr, 2 points

1) neither of them were what you could call "lookers"

and more importantly,

2) never sleep with anyone called Junior. dear sweet lord, what is wrong with people..
======================================================

Its called Fun, Lust and living on fast lane with all the excitment :LOL: :cheesy:

I think you and i are missing some fun? :(
It is said you only live once! I think theyre right but not too sure? :rolleyes:

Bull

FC are you hanging on to your shorts? I guess the logic is that you've been wrong for so long you must be right at some point. Fingers crossed for you,and ftse at 5000.