Best Thread Live Cable Trading

zuke said:
My target is 80 pips not 90, as I make support as being at 308. So you trade from home then? How do you find it? I rent a small office to do my trading because I just cant concentrate at home

Interesting. If it's not a rude question, how much is the rent ?

oldstokey said:
Sorry Zuke misread your post. Just thinking about joining you on that short, looking more mixed now though....will see what happens.

Working from home...To be honest I find it can be tough and not for everyone. Continual battle with the 2 D's (distractions & discipline) have some times thought about an office, don't think it's for me though. Did you work at home for long before getting the office?

Well I was made redundant from one of the IB, where I was an option structures/trader so I traded at home for a couple of months.

Kaffee said:
Interesting. If it's not a rude question, how much is the rent ?

Not rude at all :LOL: I actually spend two days a week struturing options for an IB and spend the other 3 days using their office and facitilies. They net it off my invoice at the end of the month, but it works out to be about £500 per month including telephone etc.

Tempted to go long on cable, not sure if it has legs though. Wish I had paid more attention to the swissy today....did think about shorting it earlier only to check later and wish I had.... multi tasking is not my thing!

Zuke, sounds like an excellent arrangment you have there, best of both worlds. If the IB offices werent available would you still rent ?

oldstokey said:
Tempted to go long on cable, not sure if it has legs though. Wish I had paid more attention to the swissy today....did think about shorting it earlier only to check later and wish I had.... multi tasking is not my thing!

Zuke, sounds like an excellent arrangment you have there, best of both worlds. If the IB offices werent available would you still rent ?

Yes I would..even if it wasnt particularly plush. My deal here comes to an end in Feb though, so i'll be out inthe big wide world. I cant get me brain around joining an fx arcade and paying £1300 a month!!

oldstokey said:
Cable got legs!

terrible day for me.. Two trades, both shorts, both losers..15 lots gone down the drain :eek: oh well..at least Spurs won at the weekend!!

how was the trading-room today, folks ?

anyone kept a log of calls, etc ?

more importantly, any insights into analysis and risk-management, and target-setting ?

A fellow Spurs fan! Have to say I thought they were going to blow it a one point against Sunderland, got it in the end. I am still cross about that last minute West Ham goal last week....

Had the right ideas today but didn't take enough points off the board, roll on tomorrow.

Wife is feeling better so maybe less distraction tomorrow!

trendie said:

more importantly, any insights into analysis and risk-management, and target-setting ?

It was a quiet day on Eur/USD by all accounts. Also I think BT has realised the limitations of a keyboard chat room, so he's looking for one where he can use his mic.

Having said that, I did ok during the 2.5 hours I was in there trading cable !! :LOL:

oldstokey said:
A fellow Spurs fan! Have to say I thought they were going to blow it a one point against Sunderland, got it in the end. I am still cross about that last minute West Ham goal last week....

Had the right ideas today but didn't take enough points off the board, roll on tomorrow.

Wife is feeling better so maybe less distraction tomorrow!

Another one here !! West Ham was a sickener as was the Bolton game earlier in the season.
Still don't kill teams off. But what a player that Davids is.. 34 (??) won the lot and still as enthusiastic as a 17 yr old. Don;t know how much they are paying him... worth every penny IMHO.

Also, like the Way Jol is mixing it up up front.... We're without Mido for a month in Jan so he'e bringing Keane up to match fitness beforehand..... very shrewd.

trendie said:

You find out tommorow trendie.only made 11 pips today, but I'm only giving calls from 10am to 1 pm. I done 1 trade today that I should not have done.looking for a trade... I wont be pushing no trades. I be doing 1 to 3 calls. : ;)

Today I was trading the EUR/USD futures.I had a few e-mails asking can I make calls on the spot price.So tomorrow in the Private room I will show trades based on cash/spot prices.by the way I use the cash/spot charts,even if I am trading the the Futures CME

The charts I use are http://www.cmsfx.com/platform/download/

Although cmc deal4free prices are OK and some other S/B firms Capital spreads got 2 pip spread on the EUR/USD.

I be in the room 10am.till 1 pm. making 1 to 3 trades.

BT

abobtrader said:
Hi folks, I think this is not the place for a fundamentalist like me ... I'll still be posting on my blog of course, but otherwise I'm heading back to forex factory where there are some other fundies to knock heads with.

wishing you all the best with your trading folks

abobtrader,

Sorry to hear that. But you are right: There are not many fundamentalist trader here. I will look at Forex Factory (don't know what it is). PS. Keep up the good work with your blog. :LOL:

This morning we again had a nice 7-8 (or Big Ben or Breakfast) move in Cable. Yes, this simple, but profitable method works most mornings...

Baruch said:
This morning we again had a nice 7-8 (or Big Ben or Breakfast) move in Cable. Yes, this simple, but profitable method works most mornings...

Er... only if you have a modest profit target or trailing stops then. ;)

Unless.... you trade the breakout either side of the channel.

Thats me in at 65

I have a 35 pip stop and just looking for 50 pips today

Last edited: