Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Chow

That's what I thought. Marginally negative but with a good run at the beginning of July not too important. It's good that the system isn't falling apart in unfavourable markets

JillyB said:
Hi DC

Thanks for that. I'm relatively new to Cable trading - more at home with the Dow - and I'm really trying to get an understanding of it.

I tried using Darvas boxes on the consolidation periods, but there were too many false breakouts to make it work. Now I'm looking a trendlines on a 1hr chart - but with my first trade on this being a loss, I'm not exactly a happy bunny! :eek:

Hi Jilly,

Sorry to hear about the Darvas boxes. Maybe you shold give Big Ben a try?

ChowClown said:
Hi Jill,

I'm also searching for a suitable price action based method for cable. I use breakouts at the moment and have been encouraged by the results on a purely mechanical setup, but i feel the need for something more responsive intraday, to run alongside.

I re-visited this article recently which has provided food for thought:

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/articles/general_articles/high-close-doji-trigger/

Good luck with the trendline trades.

Hi Chow,

Yes I remember reading this and thinking it was an interesting article at the time, but never thought of looking at it in conjunction with the Cable.

I must admit I like a system - as I have on the Dow - that says 'if it does x- you do sell' or 'if it does z you buy'. For me it's all about keeping the emotion out of trading - the shall I, shan't I bit. I know if I have an 80% success rate, that if I just follow the trading plan, then the profits will come. Yes there will be a few losers along the way, but with a good stop loss system it doesn't really dent the bottom line too much.

My Dow system also gives me targets as well, which I find helpful. I suppose using Fib's on the Cable would do the same.

zuke said:
Welcome Jill. Fancy trading your Dow knowledge for my FX? As everyone on here knows, I am HOPELESS at figuring out the Dow :eek:

Hi Zuke,

Have you read my journal? I try and post there every day about 5 mins before the open with the trades for the day, targets etc.

It's work in progress but doing well so far. ;)

JillyB said:
Hi Zuke,

Have you read my journal? I try and post there every day about 5 mins before the open with the trades for the day, targets etc.

Hi Jilly,

If you have a good Dow business, why go into the forex jungle?

Baruch said:
Hi Jilly,

If you have a good Dow business, why go into the forex jungle?

Because I want something to do in the mornings and on the days where my trading plan designates it as a 'Stand Aside' day.

JillyB said:
Hi Zuke,

Ill have a look Jilly. Link?

Just a thought, people, but how about a resource somewhere for links that are referred to within this Live Cable thread? There are various methods such as Big Baruch, Hans Hanula, the VEBO etc. which are being referred to and perhaps it would be useful to have a seperate thread which is just used for posting these links.

What do people think about this as an idea? Given the size of the thread it's otherwise hard to find these things.

Last edited:
Where do you post your journal?

Where do you post your journal? I would like to check it daily if possible?

Crawsthorne

JillyB said:
Hi Zuke,

a_gnome said:
Just a thought, people, but how about a resource somewhere for links that are referred to within this Live Cable thread? There are various methods such as Big Baruch, Hans Hanula, the VEBO etc. which are being referred to and perhaps it would be useful to have a seperate thread which is just used for posting these links.

What do people think about this as an idea? Given the size of the thread it's otherwise hard to find these things.

I have suggested having a sort of Trading Systems Library, for easy reference.
No takers.
Although if it is an attachment, you can do a search for file extension types, eg, pdf, doc, etc within a thread. ( somewhere on the "Search for a Post" option". )

Crawsthorne:
Journals are on the homepage, right-side, middle-ish.
alternatively, look under the user-id on the posts, if there is a "White folder", it means the member has a journal, and will take you to it directly.

Placed Sell order

Sell @ 1,2789..
Target 33 pips
Stop 11 pips

Last edited:
dc2000 said:
in all fairness Mr Marcus does seem to have a vast knowledge of the markets and given the in depth analysis for charts on other threads I would say he has more to offer in terms of trader education than myself

No doubt, his ability to analyse charts and read sentiment is the best I have seen. My point being; so far this has been observed in a lagging environment ( simulated by the same individual). It would be fascinating to observe him in action LIVE. However the latter is demonstrated on this thread on a daily basis by the elite ...that being my point.

smbtnt said:
I prefer the contra on the swiss though, its cleaner and better r/r for my liking...

Still waiting to scale next lot at 2350, moved stop to b/e. 1st scale was at 2305.

trendie said:
I have suggested having a sort of Trading Systems Library, for easy reference.
No takers.
Although if it is an attachment, you can do a search for file extension types, eg, pdf, doc, etc within a thread. ( somewhere on the "Search for a Post" option". )

We've just been discussing something similar to this amongst the T2W team. A sort of
'Best websites for......'
forex, stocks, TA, fundamentals, news etc.

We could take peoples suggestions out of the threads and list them in a separate part of the site. I suggested the Knowledge Lab - as this does sort of come under the umbrella of trading knowledge - with a link through to a thread that was discussing/using that particular list. The list could then be updated with new 'links' as they appeared in the thread.

Any thoughts on this one? I'm open to suggestions.

JillyB said:
We've just been discussing something similar to this amongst the T2W team. A sort of
'Best websites for......'
forex, stocks, TA, fundamentals, news etc.

We could take peoples suggestions out of the threads and list them in a separate part of the site. I suggested the Knowledge Lab - as this does sort of come under the umbrella of trading knowledge - with a link through to a thread that was discussing/using that particular list. The list could then be updated with new 'links' as they appeared in the thread.

Any thoughts on this one? I'm open to suggestions.

Hi Jilly
K Lab would be the perfect place for this IMO. So much information to share but v little time to do it, and v little time to share it.
Chris