Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Priceman said:
Yes I'm reading those threads too ! He really is the don (obviously as well as you DC ;) )

Some great arguments among the greats too, if only I was qualified enough to get involved. I'll just sit and read and learn though.

good trading all, have we seen the top here for a little while now ? Back down to 8550 ?

What threads? Do you have a link or two?

Yes, he has not only predicted swing points but the exact gyrations on the daily charts. This is a very powerful feat indeed and therefore I am led to be slightly sceptical about the whole matter. If analysis took place on live charts it would undeniably ease all the cynicism surrounding the thread. Similar to what DC is demonstrating here...

dc2000 said:
looking for a bounce off 701 at the moment should come after 1pm

Do you mean you're looking for it to drop to 1.8701 and then bounce up from this?

I've just got out of a short for -9 pips. My entry was at 1.8750, so I needed 1.8747 to breakeven, but it has broken my trendlines and seems to be in a bit of a bullish mood at the moment.

in all fairness Mr Marcus does seem to have a vast knowledge of the markets and given the in depth analysis for charts on other threads I would say he has more to offer in terms of trader education than myself

Hi Jill
I do expect it to fall slightly for a better price to go long anything under 722 would be good and 701 right on the money, otherwise I will wait for the short at 819

dc2000 said:
Hi Jill
I do expect it to fall slightly for a better price to go long anything under 722 would be good and 701 right on the money, otherwise I will wait for the short at 819

Hi DC

Thanks for that. I'm relatively new to Cable trading - more at home with the Dow - and I'm really trying to get an understanding of it.

I tried using Darvas boxes on the consolidation periods, but there were too many false breakouts to make it work. Now I'm looking a trendlines on a 1hr chart - but with my first trade on this being a loss, I'm not exactly a happy bunny! :eek:

looks like you joined cable just as its doing a sideways dance to position for Thursdays news

Hi Jill,

I'm also searching for a suitable price action based method for cable. I use breakouts at the moment and have been encouraged by the results on a purely mechanical setup, but i feel the need for something more responsive intraday, to run alongside.

I re-visited this article recently which has provided food for thought:

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/articles/general_articles/high-close-doji-trigger/

Good luck with the trendline trades.

JillyB said:
Hi DC

Thanks for that. I'm relatively new to Cable trading - more at home with the Dow - and I'm really trying to get an understanding of it.

I tried using Darvas boxes on the consolidation periods, but there were too many false breakouts to make it work. Now I'm looking a trendlines on a 1hr chart - but with my first trade on this being a loss, I'm not exactly a happy bunny! :eek:

Hi Jilly,
Good to hear from you again. I was wondering how the Darvas approach on cable was going. There was a lot of interest in it a few months back (e.g. a new thread just for forex Darvas) and then it all went ominously quiet. So it didn't work out then?

JillyB said:
Hi DC

Welcome Jill. Fancy trading your Dow knowledge for my FX? As everyone on here knows, I am HOPELESS at figuring out the Dow :eek:

ChowClown said:
Hi Jill,

I'm also searching for a suitable price action based method for cable. I use breakouts at the moment and have been encouraged by the results on a purely mechanical setup, but i feel the need for something more responsive intraday, to run alongside.

I re-visited this article recently which has provided food for thought:

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/articles/general_articles/high-close-doji-trigger/

Good luck with the trendline trades.

Question,
Does anyone use anything other than candles nowadays ? Maybe the peole who just follow price action don't need the characteristics of the candles to help them...

ChowClown said:
Hi Jill,

Have you struggled the last few days with all the false breaks and then yesterday's move being too late?

a_gnome said:
Hi Jilly,
Good to hear from you again. I was wondering how the Darvas approach on cable was going. There was a lot of interest in it a few months back (e.g. a new thread just for forex Darvas) and then it all went ominously quiet. So it didn't work out then?

No, I'm afraid not. It worked fine for a few weeks and then it seemed to generate a lot of false breakouts which altered the win ratio and positive expectancy on it, until it became no better than tossing a coin to predict which way it would move. Perhaps I should look more at the false-breakouts as shake-outs and trade it go the other way - I don't know.

As it is, I'm still looking for some way of understanding the cable. With the Dow I use the High/Low/Close of yesterday, combined with the Open of today and that generates todays trades in my trading plan. This unfortunately doesn't work with the Cable - no open or close. So I've got to look at different methods.

I've tried working with 3 hr charts, but I'm not that patient. So I'm now looking at 1 hr charts with trendlines on them. My other half trades the Cable this way and he's doing quite well. So perhaps this is the way to go.

Priceman said:
Question,
Does anyone use anything other than candles nowadays ? Maybe the peole who just follow price action don't need the characteristics of the candles to help them...
Hi Priceman,

Not sure, i don't know of any other price representation that provides as much info as candles do...

Offshore Trader said:
ChowClown said:
Hi Jill,

Have you struggled the last few days with all the false breaks and then yesterday's move being too late?
Hi OT, the last few days haven't been good for the BOs, but haven't been a disaster either - just characteristic of the method....no surprises.

Jilly, stick on here for a while and you will see how traders here trade cable, there are quite a few good people with good ideas. Maybe even search back over a few of the posts on here too.

I am studying cable on a longer timeframe now too, generally 1hr is my smallest timeframe but I do go to 15 mins to get a closer look when entering. I just find it too schitzo on the smaller timeframes. Marmoset did well on 5min scalps but where's he dissapeared to ? Anyone know ?

Good luck