Best Thread Live Cable Trading

not too abbitious but would think that if it hits 527 pre US then we should see a 475 3pm ish before heading 621tomorrow morning

a 527 after the US open 2:50pm would have me looking to short

dc2000 said:
not too abbitious but would think that if it hits 527 pre US then we should see a 475 3pm ish before heading 621tomorrow morning

a 527 after the US open 2:50pm would have me looking to short

I can't see it hitting 615 from just the 1:30 news, so a pullback before Bernanke, then back north maybe...? Stops tighter now regardless! :eek:

Had my ftse stop limit at 70-66.5 then we got that ym bounce and I cancelled.Should have held on

dc2000 said:
have taken a short looking to go 331 late tomorrow

Funnily enough DC, I have a EUR short from 529. Just a "fun" trade based on my "instinct" rather than anything else, just for 5 mini lots. Didnt seriously trade today as I surpassed my monthly growth target ( I look to grow my account 40% compound per month - very aggressive I know!) so will be observing more than trading, unless I get a strong signal for my system.

I see Cable still cant get passed 530 res.

Offshore Trader said:
I added to my short above 1.7500. I'm really surprised how farit's gone without any meaningful pullback

1.75 Short??..you must have very deep pockets :eek: :eek: :eek:

zuke said:
Funnily enough DC, I have a EUR short from 529. Just a "fun" trade based on my "instinct" rather than anything else, just for 5 mini lots. Didnt seriously trade today as I surpassed my monthly growth target ( I look to grow my account 40% compound per month - very aggressive I know!) so will be observing more than trading, unless I get a strong signal for my system.

Hi zuke, your system seems to be holding up well. How long have you traded the 40% plan and do you trade the August lull? Good 'ole VEBO hit a new equity high today with July currently up 33.5%...a lot could happen between now and the 31st though :cheesy:

it will prob grind all day then give us a 540 early doors

wish I could grow account by 40% a month, 1.2 mil by Feb oooOOh the power of compounding

ChowClown said:
Hi zuke, your system seems to be holding up well. How long have you traded the 40% plan and do you trade the August lull? Good 'ole VEBO hit a new equity high today with July currently up 33.5%...a lot could happen between now and the 31st though :cheesy:

Hi Chow...yes the 5 Min MVT (Modified Vegas Tunnel) strat works well. Im getting in to trades a lot earlier, which is a good and bad thing. Still trying to iron out what happens on a ranging day, where the signals could have me in and out of trades all day for small profits and losses. I have widely modified the money management and take profits levels to give me a much better R:R. Still very early in testing though, so we'll see.

I have been targeting 40% growth since last October and have managed it comfortably in 4 of the 8 months. Cockiness, arrogance, boredom and believe in my own mystic powers (instead of actually reading the charts) have curtailed my gains in the other months and hence my average growth is around 29%. I dont suffer hhuge drawdowns usually because of my 1:3 R:R and rarely do I have a stop more than 30 pips.

I must admit, I really like the VEBO. It does need a set of filters to take into account fundamentals, but I like the way it captures the move a lot earlier than the orginal Hans'. 33.5% for July is excellent! At this rate, you and me will be millionaires like DC!! :D