Best Thread Live Cable Trading

dc2000 said:
hi wasp
looking for 394 for profit and 427 for the turn

cool, I'm just going to run it till close myself unless it drops back past 53...

How do you come up with your targets or is that asking too much? :eek: Not wanting every detail just curious... is it S/R or patterns or something else entirely?

dc2000 said:
sorry no the 236 is derived from a price at a point in time the 394 comes from projecting forward a target the profit level is 394 and the short level is 427

How do you do it Mr DC?

Taken it for 144... it'll do considering that puts me back 2 pips profit on the day!!! How in hell I lost 142 pips this morning is beyond me, but at least I can sleep easy tonight! :D :eek:

Time to see where it all went wrong :cry:

This is not strictly a 'cable' question but can anyone tell me what particular news prompted the euro to move up 100 pips against the dollar at 1430 GMT today please?

Many thanks.

Sean

seancass said:
This is not strictly a 'cable' question but can anyone tell me what particular news prompted the euro to move up 100 pips against the dollar at 1430 GMT today please?

Many thanks.

Sean

Bernanke, the FED chairman, said a few words.

Have a look at forexfactory or FXstreet and they will show the upcoming news of importance.

I had a really good day today having been long from 256 but should have been a lot better. I should have a stop on before the UK figs/BOE announcement and the same before the US figures. Also I must stop using brokers (one particular one) which are rubbish at executing orders.

I'm not writing this for a slap on the back or sympathy, just that I learn a lot from others shortcomings but it's a lot easier to look at them rationally when you've made a big profit all the same!

Good evening everyone

How do you come up with your targets or is that asking too much? Not wanting every detail just curious... is it S/R or patterns or something else entirely?

I use a pattern system for direction and a way of calculating where larger players are likely to get on and where profit is likely to be taken

dc2000 said:
I use a pattern system for direction and a way of calculating where larger players are likely to get on and where profit is likely to be taken

Cheers DC

ChowClown said:
...4th time lucky for VEBO - so far 3 losses totalling -135. Now in on the BUY stop @ 8299.8....
...out at 4pm for +96.7

Today's total: -38.3
July pips to date: +308
Monthly gain to date: 29.3%

I'll be running the fixed channel version (FCBO) alongside VEBO as a comparison in the journal section from now on. Just one FCBO BUY order filled this morning that closed at 4pm for +101.

Is Bernanke tomorrow going to be as relevant as today? (again at 3pm)

ChowClown said:
...out at 4pm for +96.7

Today's total: -38.3
July pips to date: +308
Monthly gain to date: 29.3%

I'll be running the fixed channel version (FCBO) alongside VEBO as a comparison in the journal section from now on. Just one FCBO BUY order filled this morning that closed at 4pm for +101.

Can I ask why you didn't go short a second time at 47 just before 2 pm BST?

...sorry, there were 2 shorts and 2 longs today - just haven't had chance to post 'em all. -45, -45, -45, +96.7 (-38.3 net).

ChowClown said:
...sorry, there were 2 shorts and 2 longs today - just haven't had chance to post 'em all. -45, -45, -45, +96.7 (-38.3 net).

OK thanks very much. It's promising to lose so little on a day when the market wasn't very kind to your system....good results this month