Best Thread Live Cable Trading

still short and stayin short with deep pockets if I get it wrong the market will give me a chance to exit

also looking for the FTSE to come up a little or at least EMAP ( one can but hope)

well I missed out with upward move,
closed at 1pm had a bit of lunch , sat in the garden got a few rays , and its popped 45 points
expensive lunch,
but hey you can`t be chained to the desk all day

Newtron Bombs' Asian breakout system

Re - reading one of newtrons posts and viewing the video (link below) has anyone used his sytem on a regular basis. In short it is an Asian Range ( Midnight - 7am) breakout, pullback and then trade on confirmation of breakout via the use of Candle price action ( Dogi's, spinning tops etc)

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/forex/articles/general_articles/15-min-break-out-strategy/

I have posted a 5minute chart ( He uses 15minutes) and a 15 Minute chart.

Stops are not moved. Therefore, either his TARGET or STOP is hit.

Attachments

• Newtro.JPG
    Newtro.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Newtron2.JPG
    Newtron2.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 147
neil said:
Re - reading one of newtrons posts and viewing the video (link below) has anyone used his sytem on a regular basis. In short it is an Asian Range ( Midnight - 7am) breakout, pullback and then trade on confirmation of breakout via the use of Candle price action ( Dogi's, spinning tops etc)

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/forex/articles/general_articles/15-min-break-out-strategy/

I have posted a 5minute chart ( He uses 15minutes) and a 15 Minute chart.

Stops are not moved. Therefore, either his TARGET or STOP is hit.

I like to close up at the end of the day , and have nothing outstanding

I know that I am missing 12 hours trading
I just like to sleep nights
If I had a trade running overnight , Id be up and down all night, to see how I was doing
even with stops

hornblower said:

If I had a trade running overnight , Id be up and down all night, to see how I was doing
even with stops

It might not be clear from my post or the video but if I remember correctly he doesn't trade overnight. Apologies for lack of clarification Hornblower.

neil said:
It might not be clear from my post or the video but if I remember correctly he doesn't trade overnight. Apologies for lack of clarification Hornblower.

Hi Neil,

The NB breakout strat worked very well few years back for most major currency pairs. As the markets have evolved the frequency of the range breakout trade has been manipulated and in my experience they rarely manifest as cleanly as today's plays. When it works...it works very well .
I have gone to back to basics and now employ a simple s/r price action strategy made more robust by including filters...I refer to these as vacuum plays/zones.
Just my opinion mind....

DC,

From previous posts you said your trading plan includes a 10%/month growth target. If you reach this earlier in the month, do you stop trading for the rest of the month?

smbtnt said:
Hi Neil,

The NB breakout strat worked very well few years back for most major currency pairs. As the markets have evolved the frequency of the range breakout trade has been manipulated and in my experience they rarely manifest as cleanly as today's plays. When it works...it works very well .
I have gone to back to basics and now employ a simple s/r price action strategy made more robust by including filters...I refer to these as vacuum plays/zones.
Just my opinion mind....

All opinions are welcome. We are always learning in this game :D
Is there a thread for "Vacuum plays/zones?"

zuke said:
Morning all Todays orders are

Buy :8395
Stop :8335
Target : 8515

Sell : 8307
Stop: 8367
Target : 8187

Once again, I am using a 15 pip filter and 1:2 R:R. Like Chow, I will close out the trade at 4 pm.

BUY was filled.

Closed at 8429 for +34 pips

neil said:
All opinions are welcome. We are always learning in this game :D
Is there a thread for "Vacuum plays/zones?"

No there isn't, its very discretionary to the point of being mechanical... ;)

hornblower said:

even with stops

Following on from this guys... I'm the same and can't rest if I know I have a position open, maybe just not confident enough with my strats at the moment.

How many of you chaps leave positions open overnight out of interest ?

From previous posts you said your trading plan includes a 10%/month growth target. If you reach this earlier in the month, do you stop trading for the rest of the month?

Hi Chow
No but I did have a good run recently and took some time off, the following are my rules based on capital

maximum 3% on risk ( less than this these days)
Aim for 10% per month
If 10% hit in 1 week take long weekend off
If 2.5% in 1 day, stop for the rest of the day and half positions the next day
If 60% for year take 4 weeks off

and the other side of the coin
if down 12% on month half positions
if down 16% on month stop for rest of month
if down 30% in quarter take 4 weeks off

Thanks DC.

Today's vebo orders:

BUY: 8427.7
SL: 8342.0
TP: 8577.7

SELL: 8328.1
SL: 8413.9
TP: 8175.1

Good luck all.

Morning all, Today I will be focusing on my new 5 min strat, so expect to see some weird trades! (even more than usual).