Best Thread Live Cable Trading

ChowClown said:
...i've been toying with the idea of SBing this. From past experience the platform freezes, requotes and general SB skew were a nightmare, but a 1 or 2 trades a day method might get around their antics...

imo, it's nigh on impossible to make money day trading SB. Their antics would soon block you. That's why I use my 1hr or 4hr methods to SB (3 trades a day max) to get around their nonsense.

OK, I got filled..So:

SHORT 402
STOP 452
TARGET 252

Close trade at midnight. If the trade gets to 50 pips on side, I move stop to break even.

Could be. Read somewhere recently that since Jan 05 the Trade Balance report generates average max pips of 52 (65% probability); the probability of a 21-25 pip spike comes in at 94%.

It should be...this quasi-diamond on the bigger TF has a 200 range if cable breaks out successfully. Upward sloping TL holds the key imo.

A double whammy

I missed some of the moves but they were great especially when yen and cable don't like each other. :cheesy:

Let's see the reax on news..

Attachments

• 060712_forex.jpg
    060712_forex.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 139
zuke said:
OK, I got filled..So:

SHORT 402
STOP 452
TARGET 252

Close trade at midnight. If the trade gets to 50 pips on side, I move stop to break even.

Trade got to 70 pips onside so moved stop to breakeven (402)

How many vultures does it take to pick a corpse clean?
One housing officer from the local council.

ChowClown said:
Morning all,

Today's VEBO orders:

BUY stop: 8494.1
SL: 8445.9
TP: 8644.1

SELL stop:8438.3
SL: 8486.6
TP: 8285.3

4pm exits.
Sell hit and exit at 4pm @ 8325.6 (+109.7)

ChowClown said:

Well done. I worked out your entry points before you posted them but unfortunately thought I'd just watch them today :cry: Fortunately I was already short from 60 but bailed out at lunch time but profit all the same

ChowClown said:

Well done mate! Im currently 62 pips onside, so it'll be interesting to see what happens between now and midnight. Im not convinced very much tbh.

Offshore Trader said:
Well done. I worked out your entry points before you posted them but unfortunately thought I'd just watch them today :cry: Fortunately I was already short from 60 but bailed out at lunch time but profit all the same
...i admire discretionary traders (i'm assuming you're one), i'm not yet at that level, i thought 2 years of cable screen time would be enough...not for me it ain't. WD on a profitable day.

zuke said:
Well done mate! Im currently 62 pips onside, so it'll be interesting to see what happens between now and midnight. Im not convinced very much tbh.

...not long now zuke and looking a decent day too for you.