TP: 8663.2
Close: -34.3

SELL stop:8473.6
SL: 8508.0
TP: 8320.6
Close:

...now short

Offshore Trader said:
'Morning everyone. I think that we will probably see a pretty rangy sort of day today after the big move on Friday. Looks like we are heading towards 1.90 but there must be a fair chance of a pull back towards 1.84 first. A scalpers day I think

Did I go short? No, I went for a cycle :mad:

Offshore Trader said:
Did I go short? No, I went for a cycle :mad:

Annoying..but you know the old adage.."better to be out of the market wishing you were in, than in the market wishing you were out!"

zuke said:
Hit my stop and bounced 20 pips! Grrrr!!

Stopped out for -30!

Well you cannot win them all
and you are big enough to say so
well done
regards
Hornblower

Last edited:
looks like chows in for his 150 pips today

I would also be happy for a run to that level only I would be recouping the earlier loss

ChowClown said:
Mornin'

Today's VEBO orders:

BUY stop: 8513.2
SL: 8478.9
TP: 8663.2
Close: -34.3

SELL stop:8473.6
SL: 8508.0
TP: 8320.6
Close:

...now short
4pm close @8410.2 (+60.4)

+26.1 net

I'm rather surprised by the depth of the retracement and if it goes lower from here we should go all the way to 1.8320/35. However I think (or is that hope) that we go up through 8515. I'm long with tight stop

Hi Chow whats the reasoning behind the 4pm cut off ? I thought Hans held untill late evening

Still sulking from my -30 hit earlier (unfortunately, the signal from my system was so strong that I doubled my size to 20 lots) and cant really make out whats going on. This retracement is far too deep for my liking. Decided to have nice restful day instead, and watch a re-run of Zidane commiting GBH!

dc2000 said:
Hi Chow whats the reasoning behind the 4pm cut off ? I thought Hans held untill late evening
Hi DC,

That's right, Hans does. This variant just trades Cable (which incidently constitutes most of the Hans method profit) and the backtesting suggested a 4pm cut-off was more profitable than later exits; a handy time to call it a day too (from a personal perspective) :)

For what it's worth, my opinion is...
If it continues down; only to 8314
If it passes 8540/50; then upto 8607-8655-8673

That's right, Hans does. This variant just trades Cable (which incidently constitutes most of the Hans method profit) and the backtesting suggested a 4pm cut-off was more profitable than later exits; a handy time to call it a day too (from a personal perspective)

I thought it would be a bit of both I seem to remember doing something on the HansBO system I will see if I can find it.

If it continues down; only to 8314

I guess you will not want to see 8110 this week then

ChowClown said:
DC,

It's a combination of methods from another board posted by SM01 & Hans123. Volatility Expansion Breakout. Backtesting over the last few years looked promising by the guys, so i've begun forward testing manually with Oanda. Fits in nicely with the day-job (tethered to my desk as an IT Recruiter - boooo).

Here you go:

For longs

Set the channel entry margin = (price @ 8AM BST) + (70% of 5AM-8AM range)
Set the Stop level = (price @ 8AM BST) - (50% of 5AM-8AM range)
TP at 150 pips. Close all trades and/or pending orders at 4pm.

Keep the opposite pending order active once the other order is opened.

Reverse for shorts.

As I say, all credit to SM01 and Hans123.

br
chow
DC,

In case you didn't see this the other day.....

Hi Chow
I did see it, it was your mention of profit level that reminded me that when there was some talk earlier this year on hans and how he was having a few bad months ( some of his trades going into profit before reversing) I looked at targeting a % based on the early range rather than a set amount of pips it did do well but was put on the shelf so to speak until after holiday, cant seem to find it now

still short here looking for 437 down to 320 straight out of the box

Morning all

LONG 426, Stop 378, Target 522..just testing out my 5 min strat for 1 mini lot.

Last edited: