Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Farce said:
Oanda are excellent, but during big news moments such as NFP, the spreads jump to 10!

Something I'm willing to accept during NFP. I attribute it to slippage, and it's still better than getting requoted to Kingdom Come or not into the trade at all.

Right, CMS funds transfer order done. Application Oanda done, account creation confirmed, now the ID copies, wait for payment instructions and Tuesday/Wednesday we're back in business. :p

chaps, why is cable now struggling against the 20 figure going up... is it taking a breather ? I am still bullish but waiting to get back in at a lower level now... maybe 8500

Priceman said:
chaps, why is cable now struggling against the 20 figure going up... is it taking a breather ? I am still bullish but waiting to get back in at a lower level now... maybe 8500

Yep, breather time, aka the flag on the pole. It may head up, or down, but nothing really spectacular anymore. DC2000 figures it should hit 8560, which is quite possible. Me, I'm done for the week (would have been scalping the rest of the session if I hadn't steam coming out my eyes/ears/nostrils). Off to the copy-shop (my scanner went toes-up a while back).

Not sure about CMC but I think Oanda is great, much better than cap spreads...

Little things as well like being able to set your stoploss, take profits and lot size in the options and then all you need to do is click buy or sell... I think its great!

wasp said:
Not sure about CMC but I think Oanda is great, much better than cap spreads...

Little things as well like being able to set your stoploss, take profits and lot size in the options and then all you need to do is click buy or sell... I think its great!

You could do that too on CMS' VT Trader, but the thing went toes up on a regular basis, with sole remedy: uninstall/reinstall, all settings lost (even when saved separately) and, yay, another halfhour to put everything back in place, from background colour to slippage, lot size etc.

Bah, CMS, past tense! :p

'Morning everyone. I think that we will probably see a pretty rangy sort of day today after the big move on Friday. Looks like we are heading towards 1.90 but there must be a fair chance of a pull back towards 1.84 first. A scalpers day I think

Offshore Trader said:
A scalpers day I think

Yes, excellent signals this morning - 11 winners and only 1 losing scalp so far...

The market is potentially setting up for a big up move - of course it might come to nothing :)

Last edited:
dc2000 said:
what do ya reckon to 460 to 560 starting in 11 mins?

Not sure it'll get past 530 Strong Res DC. I do envisage a move down to 466 though

3 doji's in a row on the 5 min..time to go long? Im trying not to pre-empt my systems signal..discipline is the key :p